Jujutsu Kaisen chapter 159 - Judgment

Rate this chapter!

• Total voters
Why would this be a mangaka sticking the middle finger to the community?

How was it a spoiler? We knew Geto wasn't Geto since the chapter in which Gojo was sealed. If you mean the pregnant woman pose, but that's only known to a small small percentage of people, and doesn't really point at much. Having Maki on the cover, Maki as she is now, would have been a gigantic spoiler.
Naoya throughout this arc and volume was painted not only as the main villain but also an extremely mysoginistic person as the head of the Zenin clan. What Maki was able to to defeat him and the clan on her own (fused) was nothing short of impressive and acted as a near perfect foil to his core principles. Most of her feats start in the chapters likely to be adapted for Volume 18, but then it was already wrapped up so quick (2-3 chapters) that the next character feature will be someone from the current chapters/Culling Game. This was the perfect opportunity for her to finally make a cover and she most likely won't ever be in one unless she does something even greater in the future years from now (and hopefully not dead). At this point you would just be downplaying her if you don't think she deserves a cover. Maybe last year she didn't have much going for her but at least from this yr's chapters alone, she at least proved her worth for now

Also they could have easily used Maki before her battle with Naoya in the volume cover for 17, or even as far as before her fight against her Ogi with just her short hair and a few scars. Most anime onlys would be a bit surprised but not necessarily spoiled since they would nostly assume a timeskip took place or that something drastic happened which they wouldn't know the context of
Post automatically merged:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Naoya throughout this arc and volume was painted not only as the main villain but also an extremely mysoginistic person as the head of the Zenin clan. What Maki was able to to defeat him and the clan on her own (fused) was nothing short of impressive and acted as a near perfect foil to his core principles. Most of her feats start in the chapters likely to be adapted for Volume 18, but then it was already wrapped up so quick (2-3 chapters) that the next character feature will be someone from the current chapters/Culling Game. This was the perfect opportunity for her to finally make a cover and she most likely won't ever be in one unless she does something even greater in the future years from now (and hopefully not dead). At this point you would just be downplaying her if you don't think she deserves a cover. Maybe last year she didn't have much going for her but at least from this yr's chapters alone, she at least proved her worth for now

Also they could have easily used Maki before her battle with Naoya in the volume cover for 17, or even as far as before her fight against her Ogi with just her short hair and a few scars. Most anime onlys would be a bit surprised but not necessarily spoiled since they would nostly assume a timeskip took place or that something drastic happened which they wouldn't know the context of

I mean I am not arguing that Maki doesn't deserve a cover, I am just letting you know why Naoya was on the cover. He was the main guy of the volume. Maki did a lot in the volume as well, no one is denying that, but Gege chose to go with Naoya.

And Naoya is dead. This was the one and only chance for him to make it to the cover. Maki still has chances, especially when she starts busting ass even more. Putting Maki in any shape on the cover would have been a spoiler. We see Maki in chapter 144 for the first time since the Shibuya incident. Would you have wanted to see her on the cover first of all? Nah.

I still don't see the explanation for why you think this is the mangaka sticking the middle finger to the community. Could you let me know that please?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
What are y'all thoughts on this Nobara analysis I encountered online.
“𝑇𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛’𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑎𝑑” An analysis of Nobara Kugisaki from Jujutsu Kaisen:

Gonna slap a spoiler warning here, if you haven’t read Shibuya then please leave.
Nobara Kugisaki is normal. In a world of death and despair she represents humanity in its purest sense and acts as a grounding factor to those around her.

She is superficial, she cares about money and does whatever she wants, becoming a Jujutsu Sorcerer purely to escape her rural background.

As a sorcerer she is paralleled to be the ideal Grade 1. She takes particular interest in Nanami’s strength and is even questioned by Mahito in her soul’s potential to be as strong as Nanami’s later. We are told that Grade 1s are the group which upholds society and balances it.

Nobara doesn’t have some sad backstory, her dad isn’t some destroyer of fates, she isn’t the child of some evil mastermind curse, her only tragedy is a friend moving away and Gege is careful in making us aware that even Saori goes on to live a normal life.

Nobara’s sense of elegance and maturity is copied from Saori at a young age as she attaches herself to the teenager as someone in her hometown who is like her.

This sense of self is what makes Nobara human, she is fully aware of who she is and what she likes and she makes no attempt to be anything different to fit into the Jujutsu World.

This nearly jarring sense of humanity is where Nobara is so important to the series She represents Yuji’s human side and goes a long way in balancing him and reminding him to be human as his life descends into chaos.

For all of the learning and fighting Yuji does one of the few people we ever see him be open and honest with in conversation is Nobara. This conversation at the end of Origin of Obedience is among my favourite in the series.

Even in Shibuya when Yuji would otherwise have been at the pit of his despair fighting Mahito it is Nobara who reminds him that he is not alone, giving him the hope to push through.

And then she dies.

Nobara’s death isn’t some grand sacrifice, she doesn’t go out destroying a horde like Nanami or sacrifice herself for the greater cause like Mai. Nobara simply is touched in combat and dies a normal death.

Amongst her final thoughts she gives us the chair analogy. Nobara says in the anime that she only has chairs in her life for so many people, people she deems worth of her time. The empty chairs represent the spaces for normal people she has reserved.

Every so often a crazy person pulls up their own chair and takes a seat. Everyone who has touched Nobara’s life is shown sitting in chairs that are not the standard she has set for herself with the chairs surrounding her. Nobara surrounds herself with people true to her.

She left home because people in her hometown were incapable of filling the chairs but what we really see is that Nobara was never looking for the right type of people to fill them. She thinks everyone in her hometown was crazy when really they were just people.

Her final thoughts are of her, Yuji and Megumi simply being friends. She remembers them all being together and simply enjoying themselves because this is what Nobara was in the story to do, to be a friend and to be a person.

Nobara’s end is Yuji’s breaking point and is one which we never really see him bounce back from. Without Nobara to humanise him we see Yuji become relentless and cold in his pursuit of Mahito at the end.

Nobara was loud, brash and strong. She lived a normal life and in the end, it wasn’t so bad.

I think that’s all I have to say. There’s some nice symbolism with her name meaning Wild Rose etc but I didn’t know where to fit it in. I think I’ve maybe been a bit unclear at points so please let me know if I can explain more.
Also I think this line is Gege directly telling us Nobara isn’t dead. For Mahito to have even have had a thought that he couldn’t one shot Nobara is telling.
Credits for the post go to a user named Feral here.

What are y'all thoughts on this Nobara analysis I encountered online.
“𝑇𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛’𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑎𝑑” An analysis of Nobara Kugisaki from Jujutsu Kaisen:

Gonna slap a spoiler warning here, if you haven’t read Shibuya then please leave.
Nobara Kugisaki is normal. In a world of death and despair she represents humanity in its purest sense and acts as a grounding factor to those around her.

She is superficial, she cares about money and does whatever she wants, becoming a Jujutsu Sorcerer purely to escape her rural background.

As a sorcerer she is paralleled to be the ideal Grade 1. She takes particular interest in Nanami’s strength and is even questioned by Mahito in her soul’s potential to be as strong as Nanami’s later. We are told that Grade 1s are the group which upholds society and balances it.

Nobara doesn’t have some sad backstory, her dad isn’t some destroyer of fates, she isn’t the child of some evil mastermind curse, her only tragedy is a friend moving away and Gege is careful in making us aware that even Saori goes on to live a normal life.

Nobara’s sense of elegance and maturity is copied from Saori at a young age as she attaches herself to the teenager as someone in her hometown who is like her.

This sense of self is what makes Nobara human, she is fully aware of who she is and what she likes and she makes no attempt to be anything different to fit into the Jujutsu World.

This nearly jarring sense of humanity is where Nobara is so important to the series She represents Yuji’s human side and goes a long way in balancing him and reminding him to be human as his life descends into chaos.

For all of the learning and fighting Yuji does one of the few people we ever see him be open and honest with in conversation is Nobara. This conversation at the end of Origin of Obedience is among my favourite in the series.

Even in Shibuya when Yuji would otherwise have been at the pit of his despair fighting Mahito it is Nobara who reminds him that he is not alone, giving him the hope to push through.

And then she dies.

Nobara’s death isn’t some grand sacrifice, she doesn’t go out destroying a horde like Nanami or sacrifice herself for the greater cause like Mai. Nobara simply is touched in combat and dies a normal death.

Amongst her final thoughts she gives us the chair analogy. Nobara says in the anime that she only has chairs in her life for so many people, people she deems worth of her time. The empty chairs represent the spaces for normal people she has reserved.

Every so often a crazy person pulls up their own chair and takes a seat. Everyone who has touched Nobara’s life is shown sitting in chairs that are not the standard she has set for herself with the chairs surrounding her. Nobara surrounds herself with people true to her.

She left home because people in her hometown were incapable of filling the chairs but what we really see is that Nobara was never looking for the right type of people to fill them. She thinks everyone in her hometown was crazy when really they were just people.

Her final thoughts are of her, Yuji and Megumi simply being friends. She remembers them all being together and simply enjoying themselves because this is what Nobara was in the story to do, to be a friend and to be a person.

Nobara’s end is Yuji’s breaking point and is one which we never really see him bounce back from. Without Nobara to humanise him we see Yuji become relentless and cold in his pursuit of Mahito at the end.

Nobara was loud, brash and strong. She lived a normal life and in the end, it wasn’t so bad.

I think that’s all I have to say. There’s some nice symbolism with her name meaning Wild Rose etc but I didn’t know where to fit it in. I think I’ve maybe been a bit unclear at points so please let me know if I can explain more.
Also I think this line is Gege directly telling us Nobara isn’t dead. For Mahito to have even have had a thought that he couldn’t one shot Nobara is telling.
Credits for the post go to a user named Feral here.
I reread JJK recently. Satoru Gojo's goal was to get people who are strong, and do something without his help. It is recurring theme in JJK.
Gojo approved Nobara himself, he didnt say she is weak, like Utahime.

She will be saved, no doubt. We will see her "wild" aspect later. As her face/eye has been damaged, so she would not care about her beauty now and try to be a model/perfect lady.
She will come back as more of a fighter and with the will to become strong and protect her friends.

@Bango🍅 @Light D Lamperouge I know JJK section is dry, but post the spoilers, if they are out :josad:

Last edited: