Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyronejenkins

Unfortunately it makes sense. I'm 50/50 on its execution, but one thing i appreciate about One Piece is that it doesn't spend too much time focusing on tertiary character events and moments. See Bleach and Naruto and how they spend 100s of chapters on secondary and tertiary character fights and events, which makes the story lead to nowhere (and I like these manga, not my point). One Piece has 10 (soon 11) main characters, plus many secondary characters who are nearly as important.

At the end of the day, I appreciate the time he dedicates to things like Kin/Kiku vs Kanjuro, but I don't harbor anger at the author for not dedicating 3-4 chapters to it. People like to make fun of the Tama shit but in reality, Tama's main points were only focused on for 2 chapters (1004 and 1017). That's it. In the grand scheme of things she achieved what was needed to be accomplished for the story.

I get that people wanted Jack to have more screentime, hell I definitely did, but I understand why he didn't, especially now that he was always poised to be Inu's matchup. Same with Pero's. Same with Fukurokuju. All we can hope for is the arc continues to deliver on other things that seem to matter to Oda

- Usopp shafted from his fight with P1? Maybe he takes down all 10 Numbers in a really sick way.

- Chopper shafted from any fight? Maybe he gets a new form and fucks up a ton of Big Mom Pirate members.

- Jinbe, Nami, Franky, and Brook healthy? Maybe they do the same as Chopper.

- Other fights were too short? Well hopefully Zoro and Sanji's are not and they feel earned.

Just examples to think about. Like I personally felt that seeing Sulong Inu and Neko wasn't enough on the rooftop, so it's nice that Oda gave them a bit more screentime here.
Exactly. Odas doing the best he can given the enormous world that he's created. I'm more focused on the plot than the actual fighting and I think this applies to most OP fans.

Oda can only finish this story within 5-10 years if he cuts out the unnecessary aspects which is many of the fights.

I know a few people think Jack will get back up, but imo I really don't think he's going to come back. It's obvious that Oda wants to move on with these fights, and unfortunately it seems like this will be the last we see of Jack for now which is really disappointing.
They don't think that just copium cus the headcanon didn't turn out the way they wanted Jack just overrated

G

Gorosei Informer

Ah right, forgot that you're a Yamato hater. My avi is an abomination, right?
I dont hate her? LOL I hate her Oden obsession as I said before. I get why she does it but I still think it's too much.

Also why Oda has her acting that way narratively too, to express her literally inheriting Odens will and so deliberately ofc.
I just think he could have written it a lot better. Why does she even use the same weapon and fighting style as Kaido and not tried to learn swordsmanship and actually be more like Oden?

I've been on board for her joining the SHs from day 1 and I enjoyed her flashback stuff.

Kaido is disappointed in Yamato that is blatant and he's much nicer to Jack. To brutally beat his daughter like that, it's no wonder she has issues. Same with Chiffon and Big Mom and just her children in general. Kaido is the one I genuinely hate and he's only making himself easier to hate, he's absolute scum.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's normal though. Zoro and Sanji have never gotten greater than 2 chapter dedicated to their fights. I expect these to be slightly longer, only because they are calamities, but not by much
The thing is too much stuff is happening. Oda cant even draw a chapter for fight, something else needs to happen in the story too. Wano has too many characters and plotlines and it shows. Thats why i think oda doesnt make the fights justice but i am waiting to be wrong. :pepecafe:

Status
Not open for further replies.