Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paperchampion23 I must say, I am no longer that confident about Chopper and/or Usopp fighting the remaining Numbers or any Numbers that may get back up. Oda has been too disappointing with the enemies and the matchups so far. I wouldn’t be surprised if Izo, Kawa, and Denjiro all one shot a Number, and someone else one shots the other Number.

I worry that Oda was pressured to rush the fights because either he realized he accidentally dragged the arc out for too long and had to make cuts, or Shueisha was telling him to finish the arc up faster due to fans complaining about the arc’s length prior to the fights starting. I wish that more fans cared about seeing people other than Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji fight because I do remember several people wanting the F5 fights to be done quickly so that we could get back to the overrated “Roof Piece”

A lot of parts of Onigashima just feel incomplete. I’m glad Franky, Robin, and Nami got to prove themselves (though Nami didn’t as much as the other two did), but their fights should have been more fleshed out. Their fights felt too easy. Usopp, Chopper, and Brook just not getting actual fights just feels very strange. There was more than enough enemies for all the SHs and other important characters to get their own 1v1 fights. Heck, there’s even the BMPs on the Chanter who could have been used whenever Oda so desired. There just isn’t any reason I can think of to deprive these 3 of fights, other than wanting to end the arc faster

Last edited:
I’m actually getting the vibe that not only will Luffy beat Kaido, he might actually have Kaido on the back foot in a good portion of the fight
Kaido vs. Boundman, will be like Base Doffy vs. Boundman. Only out for Kaido is something with awakening, but Zooan awakening is what?? Still a giant question mark. Maybe it's just recovery.

Kaido vs. Boundman, will be like Base Doffy vs. Boundman. Only out for Kaido is something with awakening, but Zooan awakening is what?? Still a giant question mark. Maybe it's just recovery.
Awakening is a new form new elements move more durability speed power strength resistance and his haki probably power up too
Kaido will use his full power against luffy in 1v1 and surpass his limit typical shonen fight:cheers:

T

Tyronejenkins

Luffy solos Kaido with extreme difficulty --> Blackbeard swoops in on a defeated Kaido to steal his DF --> Blackbeard with strongest Zoan, Paramecia, and Logia set up for last opponent for Luffy. Just a guess

Me too , this is like 1010 people will come back to senses when 1013 happens
No this time he certainly win luffy broke the kaido myth about 1v1.
The final blow broke wano waterfall for open the country.
Kid with his DF awakening for lodge all wano parts in sea :cheers:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Well thats exactly what i mean. Luffy is the main focus of both Luffy and Kaidou since Rooftop. Luffy repeatedly attacked and being beaten / swatted away by both Kaidou and BM while other Supernovas struggled to even stand and behind him (that scene of "our attacks arent working").
Actually, he only tried to attack them twice. Zoro told him to think before leaping the second time. Both times, he was sent flying but wasn't hit by any serious attacks; they still count though.

After that he ate uncountable attacks from Kaidou including point-blank Ragnarok using AdvCoC. If all those didnt even cause serious injury and he was fit again just by eating, then it can only mean he is already that durable and defensively strong to begin with.

P.S. Imo theres nothing worse than receiving Kaidou's attacks directly. Those kanabo swings are island-destroying attacks. Not Crocodile's hook, not Dofla's awakened strings pierced, not Katakuri's trident to his stomach, nothing.
Kaido attacked Luffy trice after Hakai; One is a regular swing— Luffy tried to block it via COA but still got overpowered. The second is Boro Breath which Luffy dodged. And the third is Ragnarock which knocked out Luffy temporarily. Law took a direct hit from TB and is still fighting without any visible signs of slowing down. Post-Hakai Zoro also remained conscious after getting hit by the same, so I doubt Kaido's attacks are island destroyers. His AP is still pretty high; definitely, leagues above the likes of Katakuri, but his area of dominance isn't the offense; it is his defense.

Actually, he only tried to attack them twice. Zoro told him to think before leaping the second time. Both times, he was sent flying but wasn't hit by any serious attacks; they still count though.

Kaido attacked Luffy trice after Hakai; One is a regular swing— Luffy tried to block it via COA but still got overpowered. The second is Boro Breath which Luffy dodged. And the third is Ragnarock which knocked out Luffy temporarily. Law took a direct hit from TB and is still fighting without any visible signs of slowing down. Post-Hakai Zoro also remained conscious after getting hit by the same, so I doubt Kaido's attacks are island destroyers. His AP is still pretty high; definitely, leagues above the likes of Katakuri, but his area of dominance isn't the offense; it is his defense.
destroyer islands attacks coming soon don’t be impatient

@Paperchampion23 I must say, I am no longer that confident about Chopper and/or Usopp fighting the remaining Numbers or any Numbers that may get back up. Oda has been too disappointing with the enemies and the matchups so far. I wouldn’t be surprised if Izo, Kawa, and Denjiro all one shot a Number, and someone else one shots the other Number.

I worry that Oda was pressured to rush the fights because either he realized he accidentally dragged the arc out for too long and had to make cuts, or Shueisha was telling him to finish the arc up faster due to fans complaining about the arc’s length prior to the fights starting. I wish that more fans cared about seeing people other than Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji fight because I do remember several people wanting the F5 fights to be done quickly so that we could get back to the overrated “Roof Piece”

A lot of parts of Onigashima just feel incomplete. I’m glad Franky, Robin, and Nami got to prove themselves (though Nami didn’t as much as the other two did), but their fights should have been more fleshed out. Their fights felt too easy. Usopp, Chopper, and Brook just not getting actual fights just feels very strange. There was more than enough enemies for all the SHs and other important characters to get their own 1v1 fights. Heck, there’s even the BMPs on the Chanter who could have been used whenever Oda so desired. There just isn’t any reason I can think of to deprive these 3 of fights, other than wanting to end the arc faster
I wouldn't call anything beyond the matchups we already have as actual fights.

What I was getting at with Chopper or Usopp regarding the numbers are more "events". Think Usopp sniping Sugar or Spandam. Those aren't actual battles, just events that occur and justify Usopp's achievements in the arc. Technically Chopper has had his moment in this regard (he cured the virus and stalled Queen), but of course I'd love to see him actually do something new. Same with Usopp.

And the same goes for the BMP. If they show up, I dont actually expect full on battles, just exposition scenes over the course of 10-15 chapters while Big Mom and Kaido are taken out.

I wanted 1v1's for everyone, but its just not how Oda operates. He's never actually operated this way in fact. Alabasta is the only arc where every crew member got a fight in the series. It's never been too different from that. All you can hope for is that every gets good, impressive growth scenes. That's all I want for Usopp/Chopper. I'm confident we'll see them do more this arc. Same with the rest of the crew. I don't think Oda is going to have drone around fighting fodder only. The Numbers are clearly still still factor and CP-0 and BMP are still potential factors, however that works.

Me too , this is like 1010 people will come back to senses when 1013 happens
It's not...happening again lmao. Why would Oda repeat knocking out Luffy a 2nd time?
Post automatically merged:

@TheAncientCenturion This chapter’s writing may actually be worse than GoT season 8’s writing
I think you are confusing fan desire and disappointment for actual writing. OP's writing has always been fine. Inu beating Jack is consistent with the character. Inu using Sulong multiple times is consistent because he is a leader of his tribe. Nothing about this chapter is actually bad writing.

Offscreening fights and being disappointed with that has nothing to do with writing.

And nothing will ever top GoT S8's shitty writing lmao.

Nothing. And I mean NOTHING, will EVER be worse than that atrocity that I waited so many years to see to conclusion.
Honestly, Neko beating Pero is worse than Arya beating the NK in some regards. Both had a very weak connection to the villain, and there was someone else who very obviously should have been the one to beat the villain (Jon Snow and Carrot). At least Arya had the underdog factor going for her though, and she was a main character while Neko is just a tertiary character. The only thing making the NK fiasco worse is that he was actually the main villain, while Pero was just a minor villain

Status
Not open for further replies.