Speculations Zoro and Sanji's opponents in the Black Beard Pirates confirmed?

Chapter 803 gives us an idea on how the Black Beard Pirates hierarchy works

Curiously this gives me King/Queen and Jack vibes. Burgess would obviously be Jack, the first relevant Black Beard Pirate that got a decent amount of screentime and had a chance to showcase his power, similar to Jack's introduction at Zou.

Surprisingly Shyriu is the 2nd Ship Captain, Zoro is the 2nd Strawhat (with Luffy being the 1st one), while Lafitte is the 5th Ship Captain, and Sanji is actually the 5th member to join the crew officially.

These are quite interesting parallels considering the fact that Sanji being the 5th to join doesn't prevent him for being one of the "wings" to Luffy alongside with Zoro, so the Blackbeard Pirates must work in the same way.
:kawak:

For the ones who expect Lafitte to fight Nami or Brook, do you think that kind of portrayal really matches a possible opponent for Nami or Brook instead of Zoro and Sanji?

It could be too early to take such conclusions, but i think the Black Beard Pirates are the real rivals to the Strawhats, since the old days. They kept growing in number, strength and relevance since then, thats why their build up is so long. On the other hand, overall the Beast Pirates got introduced in a fast pace, they got introduced in the same arc that they face the Strawhats.

Also, Lafitte and Shyriu got quite the introduction, completely different from the other BB Pirates.

(Lafitte was introduced long ago, he looked like the first in command back then i have to say) Chapter 234.

Shyriu's intro (Chapter 538)

Shyriu gets the invisibility fruit (Chapter 925):

Now that one is something interesting, you could think King and Sanji have quite the similarities, right? Those were one of the reasons people called King vs Sanji would happen, but it looks like Oda is giving Zoro's opponents an ability that Zoro can't use but Sanji can, so he can adapt or just get a really hard fight with huge disadvantage, and everyone knows that Sanji is fighting Queen right now.

Did Sanji got invisibility? So does Shyriu. This could be something like a pattern (doesn't mean Oda needs to take it too far tho) :quest:

Last edited:
Sanni will fight the corrupt king from North blue it makes sense the Cain guy looks more like brook March up
Yeah but we learned this arc that portrayal matters more than "Lafitte looks like Brook", Shyriu and Lafitte are Blackbeard's top men for now, unless something proves the opposite

What portrayal ? Them being in the same room ?
Basicly yes, like King and Queen since their intro until now, but thats because they are the current villains fighting the StrawHats. But thats not just it tho, i think i gave the reasons above

Last edited:
So the corrupt King vs Yamato I'm thinking

Pizarro wants to become captain, fitting of a conqueror, also given he was a King in the past as well. And we know Yamato has CoC.
Lafitte arguing back with Pizarro is very Sanji like, fighting against relevancy.

And Yamato fits the role of Oden, the last minute newcomer. Oden fought Scopper, and won in Relevancy and bc of CoC. But never fought Rayleigh. Scopper ~ Sanji as most parallel.

All speculation at the end of the day. And theres no real parallels/justified fights for other strawhats vs Blackbeard until we see it 100%.

Until then the only things set in stone is Luffy vs Blackbeard and Zoro vs Shiryu

Laffitte can fly and is a stealth master, which makes him quite a parallel to sanji.
My concern is that he doesn't look too strong.
He probably isn't in my book, I mean he had the second weakest bounty pre TS. I feel like Oda showed us the 5 level 6 prisoners were the real deal by giving them superior feats, bounties and portrayal. It might have changed since the timeskip but I have no real reason to believe so.

He has literally 0 fighting feats, and he looks weak af.
His hype is all about his stealth, not fighting prowess.
Burgess prolly > him
He doesn't need to be a muscular heavy hitter like Burgess to be stronger than him, otherwise Admirals won't exist, we don't even know what his powers and abilities are, too soon to take conclusions anyway

He probably isn't in my book, I mean he had the second weakest bounty pre TS. I feel like Oda showed us the 5 level 6 prisoners were the real deal by giving them superior feats, bounties and portrayal. It might have changed since the timeskip but I have no real reason to believe so.
I think so too. BB's new impel down level 6 recruits all look very strong (including shiryu), compared to his original crew.
There is 0 reason to believe any one of his former crew can even be put into level 6, let alone beating the strongest amongst level 6.
Post automatically merged:

He doesn't need to be a muscular heavy hitter like Burgess to be stronger than him, otherwise Admirals won't exist, we don't even know what his powers and abilities are, too soon to take conclusions anyway
Comparing Latiffe with admiral is plaint disrespect.
Kizaru low/midd diff Latiffe at worst.

Had they been seen bickering, I would have said you're onto something but it doesn't look like there's any tension between Shiryu and Lafitte. Lafitte's personality doesn't even fit Sanji's usual opponents' personality, who are goofy and extravagant. Lafitte is quiet and collected.

Had they been seen bickering, I would have said you're onto something but it doesn't look like there's any tension between Shiryu and Lafitte. Lafitte's personality doesn't even fit Sanji's usual opponents' personality, who are goofy and extravagant. Lafitte is quiet and collected.
Yeah, Shyriu needs someone to bicker and trashtalk yet, you're right. But as i said, i thought on that as a parallel to the Beast Pirates, similarly to how King/Queen and Jack were portraited since Zou until the recent chapters. It all depends on what its shown next about the BB Pirates.

Maybe Shyriu and Lafitte build this kind of companionship towards each other, otherwise Sanji's opponent is a character yet to be revealed

Last edited: