Character Discussion So Sanji's emotions didn't make him stronger. Now, does that mean that Judge was right all along? Please explain!

This simply does not work.

Zoro - Luffy both use their entire body.

Sanji - uses half his body

If Sanji was fully utilizing his body like them, then the idea of actively training like Zoro & Luffy making him on par with them would work, but he doesn't. That shit can only get him so far, and it'd be completely ridiculous for a guy who only uses legs to make it up to top tier hood with just his legs when people are using their entire bodies + weapons + DF abilities to get to that level. The Germa suit is the best solution, or he would've had to go the route of having franky or somebody make something for him to enhance in one way or another.

There's also the sheer hardcore fact that there's a gap in training between Zoro & Luffy as well. Luffy's main growth is through extreme fights, Zoro's is through training on the side. Sanji fights neither roles, he's not the MC so he's not gonna have Luffy's privilidge, he's also not just a guy dedicated solely to fighting, so training freak like Zoro isn't gonna work.
Post automatically merged:

The idiots who were helpless before Sanji and co had to bring their raid suits? lmao alright.
? They were helpless cause they got trick. That has noting to do with strength. Ichji blitz Perospero like noting. Took attacks from Katakuri n was fine 3 minutes later. You mean like how Sanji was helpless till Vinsmoke saved his ass and put an RS in his pocket and told him he slow has shit

Without Judge, Sanji would have been irrelevant long term. That's a fact. It's why despite training the least out of the Strawhats he still managed to remain as the third strongest Strawhat like he did despite arguably training the least out of all of them. So yeah when his fans at any point attempt to try a switcheroo where Sanji somehow "earned" his powers it's extra hilarious because nope, he sure as hell didn't!

The same power that has kept him from dying or at least being crippled for life against Queen, Sanji explicitly does not want since it's from his dad, and it turns him into the same monsters as his siblings whom he also hates just like daddy. Without Judge splicing his sons DNA and handing him his power ranger knockoff suit, Sanji would have either been crippled for life by Queen or outright killed this chapter!

? They were helpless cause they got trick. That has noting to do with strength. Ichji blitz Perospero like noting. Took attacks from Katakuri n was fine 3 minutes later. You mean like how Sanji was helpless till Vinsmoke saved his ass and put an RS in his pocket and told him he slow has shit
-> After he got the raid suit

Thanks for pointing how strong Ichiji is with the raid suit, sadly, has nothing to do with his prowess without the raid suit.

That's such a lame ass comeback dude. You can't mention "like how Sanji was helpless till Vinsmoke saved his ass", when that happens after Sanji saves the entire family from being slaughtered after they emotionally blackmailed him and put him through trauma. That Germa mf best had helped out Sanji at that point lmao. Like bruh what kinda non-sense is you on right now dawg?

Shit I don't even like this mf Sanji, but some of the shit y'all coming up with to hate on this man is straight comedy level bro.

Thanks for pointing how strong Ichiji is with the raid suit, sadly, has nothing to do with his prowess without the raid suit.

That's such a lame ass comeback dude. You can't mention "like how Sanji was helpless till Vinsmoke saved his ass", when that happens after Sanji saves the entire family from being slaughtered after they emotionally blackmailed him and put him through trauma. That Germa mf best had helped out Sanji at that point lmao. Like bruh what kinda non-sense is you on right now dawg?

Shit I don't even like this mf Sanji, but some of the shit y'all coming up with to hate on this man is straight comedy level bro. I'm just glad you ain't a Zoro fan, cause ain't none worst than seeing my Zoro boys hating on blonde-man blindly with trash reasoning.
1. What did Sanji do thats impressive on WCI. He didn't beat anybody. Sanji has beaten Wadasumi(jumped with Jinbei) and Sheaphead( Jumped with Brook) and snuck like 10 people in WCI. Idk whats so impressive about Sanji. I ak pretty sure Ichiji ain't breaking his leg on Vergo woth no gardening even without a suit.

2. So what if Sanji helped them. They helped him too and embarrassed by telling him he slow has shit and gave that boy a RS.

3. I am a zoro fan and i ain't hating. Stating the truth isn't hating.

This shit gets on my nerves. For years since WCI i said Sanji not getting a fight and would get a RS. He got a RS and got no fight. Yet i was called hater on Orojackson. I made a meme a year ago that Sanji just judges son and gets his power from him.. here we are now Judge saving him.

Sanji’s powerup should have been an emotion powered fire coat that burned Queen, made him too hot to handle and melted his sword when it came close to him.

That would actually have proved Judge wrong.

Not “oh look, I can use your experiments but still have emotions.” Still Judge’s work.

We're just seeing a glimpse of the basics of Sanji's upgrades and we have no idea exactly what role his emotions will play into this, beyond the fact that he has used them in the past to amp up his fire power and use techniques like Hell Memories.

So it's very early to make calls and say if or how his emotions will end up interacting with his Germa powers, or if his emotions allow for an entirely different set of abilities than those that come from Germa.

Without Judge, Sanji would have been irrelevant long term. That's a fact. It's why despite training the least out of the Strawhats he still managed to remain as the third strongest Strawhat like he did despite arguably training the least out of all of them. So yeah when his fans at any point attempt to try a switcheroo where Sanji somehow "earned" his powers it's extra hilarious because nope, he sure as hell didn't!

The same power that has kept him from dying or at least being crippled for life against Queen, Sanji explicitly does not want since it's from his dad, and it turns him into the same monsters as his siblings whom he also hates just like daddy. Without Judge splicing his sons DNA and handing him his power ranger knockoff suit, Sanji would have either been crippled for life by Queen or outright killed this chapter!

And this just simply shows emotional growth on Sanji's part. Sanji is starting to learn to accept himself for who he is, for the benefit of protecting the Strawhats aka his Nakama, similar to how Zoro was willing to throw his pride by kneeling to Mihawk and asking his enemy to train him, all for the sake of his Nakama.

This only makes them a great characters and I don't see the issue with it.

1. What did Sanji do thats impressive on WCI. He didn't beat anybody. Sanji has beaten Wadasumi(jumped with Jinbei) and Sheaphead( Jumped with Brook) and snuck like 10 people in WCI. Idk whats so impressive about Sanji. I ak pretty sure Ichiji ain't breaking his leg on Vergo woth no gardening even without a suit.

2. So what if Sanji helped them. They helped him too and embarrassed by telling him he slow has shit and gave that boy a RS.

This shit gets on my nerves. For years since WCI i said Sanji not getting a fight and would get a RS. He got a RS and got no fight. Yet i was called hater on Orojackson. I made a meme a year ago that Sanji just judges son and gets his power from him.. here we are now Judge saving him.
1) Not everything has to be proven by beating up the person you are trying to prove a point. Sanji saving the Germa66 is a larger victory than him beating all of em at once because he just showed them that humanity > emotionless weapons.

2) They are repaying his debt out of pride... think of it as good karma for Sanji doing the right things and for saving them when they were near death.

3) You seem to only care about powerlevels, but aren't understanding the story that Oda is trying to tell. This alone makes you narrowminded when trying to analyze characters.

Last edited:
This simply does not work.

Zoro - Luffy both use their entire body.

Sanji - uses half his body

If Sanji was fully utilizing his body like them, then the idea of actively training like Zoro & Luffy making him on par with them would work, but he doesn't. That shit can only get him so far, and it'd be completely ridiculous for a guy who only uses legs to make it up to top tier hood with just his legs when people are using their entire bodies + weapons + DF abilities to get to that level. The Germa suit is the best solution, or he would've had to go the route of having franky or somebody make something for him to enhance in one way or another.

There's also the sheer hardcore fact that there's a gap in training between Zoro & Luffy as well. Luffy's main growth is through extreme fights, Zoro's is through training on the side. Sanji fights neither roles, he's not the MC so he's not gonna have Luffy's privilidge, he's also not just a guy dedicated solely to fighting, so training freak like Zoro isn't gonna work.
I do not want to sound disrespectful but did you read all of my post?

1. no RS needed to block BM's attack alongside Luffy. His sheer leg prowess where he lifted up that entire cake casually on 1 leg, still waiting on your boy Ichiji to do sum like that without the raid suit. Cracked Oven's neck, then disappeared before the mf could even notice somebody hit him. Still waiting on Ichiji to showcase something as simple as that without the raid suit. So please showcase me those great Ichiji feats that he has without the raid suit.

2. "So what if Sanji helped them"... pay attention to the convo. If their life was saved by somebody who they blackmailed and emotionally tortured and physically tortured by beating him up, then the LEAST they can do is help out that person. They were indebted to Sanji, I hope that concept is not foreign to you.

3. You are pretty much hating on Sanji, trying to find ways to put his character down that flat out make hardly any sense.

So he got a raid suit from his family after overcoming emotional and physical torture from them. That's not earned??? Idk what kind shit you talking about bruh, but that's about earned as you can get.. unless you don't think overcoming mental trauma amounts for anything, if so feel free to try it out in real world.

I do not want to sound disrespectful but did you read all of my post?
I did bruhz, but was giving my reasoning as to why that specific choice doesn't work
Your reasoning had to do with not fitting his character role of not being able to have more screentime than Zoro and Sanji's role as the chef, mine was ignoring their character and saying it simply doesn't work because Sanji unlike the other 2 uses half of his body, not 100% of it. Like give Sanji all that screen time and make him train. There's a natural handicap in growth there for Sanji. Even Swordsmen like Zoro train up their legs and rely on the usage of every single part of their body, even has non-sword fighting style. Sanji is reliant solely on legs, his character was eventually going to come to a point where he would've needed something external to help him keep up unless he was going to abandon the no-arms rule.

Last edited:
1. no RS needed to block BM's attack alongside Luffy. His sheer leg prowess where he lifted up that entire cake casually on 1 leg, still waiting on your boy Ichiji to do sum like that without the raid suit. Cracked Oven's neck, then disappeared before the mf could even notice somebody hit him. Still waiting on Ichiji to showcase something as simple as that without the raid suit. So please showcase me those great Ichiji feats that he has without the raid suit.

2. "So what if Sanji helped them"... pay attention to the convo. If their life was saved by somebody who they blackmailed and emotionally tortured and physically tortured by beating him up, then the LEAST they can do is help out that person. They were indebted to Sanji, I hope that concept is not foreign to you.

3. You are pretty much hating on Sanji, trying to find ways to put his character down that flat out make hardly any sense.

So he got a raid suit from his family after overcoming emotional and physical torture from them. That's not earned??? Idk what kind shit you talking about bruh, but that's about earned as you can get.. unless you don't think overcoming mental trauma amounts for anything, if so feel free to try it out in real world.
1. Not your saying is impressive lifting a cake. They are all superhuman.

2. Please they didn't have to do shit for Sanji. They gave him a RS cause he was weak.

3. Hiw am i putting his character down stating things that happened.

4. No thats not earn, He literally got stronger instantly doing noting. So overcoming Mental truma makes way Way physically stronger, faster lol. Bro stop it

Funny how this thread conveniently ignores that only because of Sanji's emotions Judge and Germa were saved, and only because of that Sanji got the Raid Suit and these upgrades :catsure:

Also, only because Sanji saved Germa, Luffy was able to survive after his fight with Katakuri, with Sanji's siblings and his father holding the line for them to make their escape. One again, something that Sanji only chose to do because he is nothing like his siblings or his father.

Also, another big difference is that Sanji is the only Germa kid who has Free Will. Even Reiju who still has emotions, can't go against the words of her father.

That makes Sanji the only modified Germa kid who can choose to use his powers as he pleases and is at no point restricted by Judge's plans or desires.

Sanji’s powerup should have been an emotion powered fire coat that burned Queen, made him too hot to handle and melted his sword when it came close to him.

That would actually have proved Judge wrong.

Not “oh look, I can use your experiments but still have emotions.” Still Judge’s work.
He has an ability similar to that. It's called Hell's Memories, and is triggered by his emotions when he remembers back to how he spent two years in the Kamabakka Kingdom.

If Oda plays it smart, he'd make it so that Hell's Memories is an ability that Sanji can't sustain for elongated periods of times because of the damage it could potentially do to his body. And by unlocking the Exoskeleton, it would make any kind of drawback from the ability rendered moot, and thus prove that modification while leaving the emotions intact was the way to go all along.

Last edited:
Funny how this thread conveniently ignores that only because of Sanji's emotions Judge and Germa were saved, and only because of that Sanji got the Raid Suit and these upgrades :catsure:

Also, only because Sanji saved Germa, Luffy was able to survive after his fight with Katakuri, with Sanji's siblings and his father holding the line for them to make their escape. One again, something that Sanji only chose to do because he is nothing like his siblings or his father.

Also, another big difference is that Sanji is the only Germa kid who has Free Will. Even Reiju who still has emotions, can't go against the words of her father.

That makes Sanji the only modified Germa kid who can choose to use his powers as he pleases and is at no point restricted by Judge's plans or desires.
Tbh is wasn't even an upgrade per se to begin with.

Sanji was already borned with Germa powers, but it was dormant due to his mother's medicines. Sanji is only starting to access what was rightfully his to begin with.

This is all true, but its still handed down to him easily. He does no training and has no learning curves or hardships/drawbacks. with his PU. It makes sense because he shouldn't be keeping up with Luffy and Zoro if he doesn't train or have the same burning desire to be at the top has them, but still

Tbh is wasn't even an upgrade per se to begin with.

Sanji was already borned with Germa powers, but it was dormant due to his mother's medicines. Sanji is only starting to access what was rightfully his to begin with.

It doesn't even matter though, because even the angle that's used here is flawed.

The comparison that should be made even from this angle is wether Sanji will end up stronger or weaker than his siblings while having his emotions.

Will those emotions hold his strength back, or will those emotions allow him to reach heights that are not accesible for them.

And to be straight forward, it's idiotic to think that Oda plans to write Sanji as someone who's weaker than his brothers because he has his emotions. I mean, he's about to kick Queen's ass, and that's way more than any other modified Germa kid proved to be capable of.

This is all true, but its still handed down to him easily. He does no training and has no learning curves or hardships/drawbacks. with his PU. It makes sense because he shouldn't be keeping up with Luffy and Zoro if he doesn't train or have the same burning desire to be at the top has them, but still

Not everyone is born equal. Deal with it. This is also reality.

1. Not your saying is impressive lifting a cake. They are all superhuman.

2. Please they didn't have to do shit for Sanji. They gave him a RS cause he was weak.

3. Hiw am i putting his character down stating things that happened.

4. No thats not earn, He literally got stronger instantly doing noting. So overcoming Mental truma makes way Way physically stronger, faster lol. Bro stop it
1. still waiting on Ichiji's better feats without raid suit that you got stocked up. Since he can even take on Vergo without the raid suit right? Don't disappoint me man, make sure to post em in your next post pls.

2. Yea looks like the concept of being indebt is foreign to you. No worries bruh, there's plenty of stuff online you can search on google to sharpen up on that.

3. It's your way of stating things, come on now dawg, don't act like you don't know what you're doing.

4. I'm sorry what?? You're telling me if your family beats your ass up as a child and scars your traumatically, then blackmails you threatening you regarding your foster parents, then whoops on your ass again, then emotionally tortures you again as an adult. Then you overcome all of that by showing how due to your emotions you made friends who end up coming to help you out as you've helped them out. Then you even end up saving your terrible abusive family from death... Then when that family decides to give you a million dollars for all that shit they put your ass through, you didn't earn it?? All that ass whooping in the closet, making you wear a damn mask, abandoning you, mentally abusing you, telling you you're worthless, OVERCOMING all of that, you would still feel you didn't earn jackshit??? Dawg you best be joking with me

Did I say mental trauma makes you way physically stronger and faster?? Tf are you even talking about bro. lol.

It doesn't even matter though, because even the angle that's used here is flawed.

The comparison that should be made even from this angle is wether Sanji will end up stronger or weaker than his siblings while having his emotions.

Will those emotions hold his strength back, or will those emotions allow him to reach heights that are not accesible for them.

And to be straight forward, it's idiotic to think that Oda plans to write Sanji as someone who's weaker than his brothers because he has his emotions. I mean, he's about to kick Queen's ass, and that's way more than any other modified Germa kid proved to be capable of.
I also think that Sanji's future power ups would be due to his emotions fuelling his abilities, which would further hammer in how flawed Judge's ideology has always been.

Is it really that it was "handed down to him easily", when he had to put everything on the line to save his family ?

How about the fact that he had to recreate a cake that Big Mom's best chef spent months to create, from just his memory of it's smel, and Sanji made it even better, and then use that cake to delay Big Mom for long enough for everyone to escape ? Was that a feat that any other character in the One Piece world was capable of ?

1. still waiting on Ichiji's better feats without raid suit that you got stocked up. Since he can even take on Vergo without the raid suit right? Don't disappoint me man, make sure to post em in your next post pls.

2. Yea looks like the concept of being indebt is foreign to you. No worries bruh, there's plenty of stuff online you can search on google to sharpen up on that.

3. It's your way of stating things, come on now dawg, don't act like you don't know what you're doing.

4. I'm sorry what?? You're telling me if your family beats your ass up as a child and scars your traumatically, then blackmails you threatening you regarding your foster parents, then whoops on your ass again, then emotionally tortures you again as an adult. Then you overcome all of that by showing how due to your emotions you made friends who end up coming to help you out as you've helped them out. Then you even end up saving your terrible abusive family from death... Then when that family decides to give you a million dollars for all that shit they put your ass through, you didn't earn it?? All that ass whooping in the closet, making you wear a damn mask, abandoning you, mentally abusing you, telling you you're worthless, OVERCOMING all of that, you would still feel you didn't earn jackshit??? Dawg you best be joking with me

Did I say mental trauma makes you way physically stronger and faster?? Tf are you even talking about bro. lol.
1.niji literally tanked Sanji kick and blitz and kicked his ass in the back. Noji not stronger than Ichji

2. Ok

3. Stating facts. That the story has shown

4. Lol He did jackshit to get that strong. Judge is carrying him

Is it really that it was "handed down to him easily", when he had to put everything on the line to save his family ?

How about the fact that he had to recreate a cake that Big Mom's best chef spend months to create, from just his memory of it's smel, and then use that cake to delay Big Mom for long enough for everyone to escape ? Was that a feat that any other character in the One Piece world was capable of ?
I don't believe one has to do with the other. Sanji is the best cook in One piece IMO , but he shouldn't get strength cause of that.