Character Discussion Monkey D. Luffy

I have been thinking of writing a character analysis for Luffy for a while now, but due to me being busy and Luffy being such an exhaustive character to analyze, its not easy, So I though to start a character discussion thread.
Luffy is very simple character at first glance, confident, strong, straightforward, dumb but with very high emotional quotient and adventurous spirit. He loves armour, bugs and snow. He is weirdly obsessed with the idea of manhood and romanticism.
But as story progresses we see more layers to him, We get to know the reason he has severe abandonment issues.
He has to suffer the consequences of him being too easy going with the crew, the dilemma of choosing between being a leader or a friend, how his ideals have been influenced by his childhood mentor.
What is freedom to him and how does being pirate King play into that etc.

I'd like to know your thoughts on any below certain points or more if you can add.
1)What are your favourite moments of Luffy?
2)Does Luffy has any distinctive qualities that separate him from other MCs.
3) How does Luffy drive the plot?
4) What motivations does Luffy have to work towards his goal?
5) How is Luffy's different relationship with different people? His crew, ASL, Grandfather, Rivals etc.
6) Is there anything you don't like about Luffy's character and why?

@Bogard @Emperor @Hades @Luffy is the mc @Luffy_Fan @Noctis @Kromage911 @uyuu
@Captain Luffy @Jet Pistol @Rayleigh-Sama

• 1)What are your favourite moments of Luffy?

when he gets KO by apoo and about to wipe out by 2 Yonko named attack,
Zoro had to carry his weak ass while zoro giving more damage to yonkos than Luffy

• 2)Does Luffy has any distinctive qualities that separate him from other MCs.

The worst MC ez

• 3) How does Luffy drive the plot?

• The walking PLOT

• 4) What motivations does Luffy have to work towards his goal?
none, Oda will take care like he did while Luffy sleeping and Learning how to coat coc

• 5) How is Luffy's different relationship with different people? His crew, ASL, Grandfather, Rivals etc.

Without crew, He is like a FODDER, not suit for the Captain, and he is a burden to zoro, Luffy ows everything to zoro , zoro owns nothing

• 6) Is there anything you don't like about Luffy's character and why?

prets Luffy was the best, Current luffy is pathetic. looks like a plot armor gets a life

Luffy really not suit for the Captain
Getting carried by crew when he in a danger, but when crew is a danger mf not even there

90% did the Crew, Luffy did only 10% in the whole series
thats what make him the Worst MC ever

Poor kaido now yonkos become a Joke because Plot armour goes Brr

i mean once who got Ragdolled by a Yonko now Can fight with 1v1? Good for condomtards

Getting carried by crew when he in a danger, but when crew is a danger mf not even there

i mean once who got Ragdolled by a Yonko now Can fight with 1v1? Good for condomtards
But didn't Luffy save Zoro's life, Sanji's ship restaurant, Nami and her hometown, Usopp and his village, helped Chopper, declared war on world government for Robin, freed Brook's shadow etc. So its only natural the crew reciprocate his help as his friends and crew members.
Post automatically merged:

Character that have a lot of wasted potential and has zero of character growth and thousends manga pannels that was wasted.
Can you explain which Luffy's potential is not utilized and which pannel you think is wasted?

Explain

But didn't Luffy save Zoro's life, Sanji's ship restaurant, Nami and her hometown, Usopp and his village, helped Chopper, declared war on world government for Robin, freed Brook's shadow etc. So its only natural the crew reciprocate his help as his friends and crew members.
only a once, yeah basically crew did the 90% work and he did the 10% and getting called himslef as the captain.
bruh really i dont mind if franky is the captain instead luffy, he didnt do a shit as a captain only pathetic plot etc. just a empty character
ryuma had the brook shadow btw guffy didnt do a shit

Why not? When greencuck who fucked by weaker than Hakai can block Hakai for a moment. And TB can't even knock that MF even unguarded, immune to lightening without rubber, can copy attacks as if he is sharingan user. No amount of plot can be more tha this. But greencucks basically basement dwellers without even ounce of shame and honesty. So ain't surprising.
Ashura pre TS can scar Yonko with some zenkai boost. Yes, Yonkos are definitely joke for getting scarred by pre TS powerup. Oh wait, plot armor green Coronoa cuck got zenkai boost. It is same as Luffy hurting Kaidou with G2 pre CoC or barrier. Yonkos are really joke when they can't even KO unguarded and wounded person, because of plot.

Why not? When greencuck who fucked by weaker than Hakai can block Hakai for a moment. And TB can't even knock that MF even unguarded, immune to lightening without rubber, can copy attacks as if he is sharingan user. No amount of plot can be more tha this. But greencucks basically basement dwellers without even ounce of shame and honesty. So ain't surprising.
Ashura pre TS can scar Yonko with some zenkai boost. Yes, Yonkos are definitely joke for getting scarred by pre TS powerup. Oh wait, plot armor green Coronoa cuck got zenkai boost. It is same as Luffy hurting Kaidou with G2 pre CoC or barrier. Yonkos are really joke when they can't even KO unguarded and wounded person, because of plot.
Bruh wtf is even is this should i read? pathetic :milaugh:

Zoro > Luffy and hakai proves that. just check the Condom face he like a Deadfuck meanwhile he is not even blocking the hakai :milaugh:

That hakai would wipe EOS luffy no cap

Can you explain which Luffy's potential is not utilized and which pannel you think is wasted?

Explain
You are

Explain
You are asking basement dwellers who reads only greencuck piece. Nothing good come out of it.

Bruh wtf is even is this should i read? pathetic :milaugh:

Zoro > Luffy and hakai proves that. just check the Condom face he like a Deadfuck meanwhile he is not even blocking the hakai :milaugh:

That hakai would wipe EOS luffy no cap
Plotkai. It is not Hakai. Killer stab put that greencuck out of commission.

- I'd say when he gets determined he looks good to me, also when he is extremely funny.

- Actually not manies if we are talking about the classical Shonen stereotype.

- I think he is probably Nika which speaks for itself 🤔

- Empowering his freedom, living magical adventures, helping his friends attain their goals.

5) How is Luffy's different relationship with different people? His crew, ASL, Grandfather, Rivals etc.
- What do you mean specifically? 🤔

- I think he looks still too impulsive.

only a once, yeah basically crew did the 90% work and he did the 10% and getting called himslef as the captain.
bruh really i dont mind if franky is the captain instead luffy, he didnt do a shit as a captain only pathetic plot etc. just a empty character
ryuma had the brook shadow btw guffy didnt do a shit
Luffy protects he crew everytime fighting the strongest opponent, he has open a path for each of the strawhat to fulfill their dream.
Franky is not suited to be a captain, he is not strong enough and does not have better instincts than Luffy.
All the big decisions from finding a shipwright to waiting for 2 years, leaving going merry behind etc were made by Luffy.

Zoro was only able to take Brook's shadow because Luffy decided to invade thriller bark and invite Zoro along.

So Zoro is an idiot for following a man who is way worse than him??

So Zoro is an idiot for following a man who is way worse than him??
He can take as the captain any time as he said in the FMI he just fucking doesnt care and i dont see he following luffy lol. literally carried and babysit that ass on the roof
and thats why luffy not suited for a Captain the worst mc

You are

You are asking basement dwellers who reads only greencuck piece. Nothing good come out of it.

Plotkai. It is not Hakai. Killer stab put that greencuck out of commission.
Still plotkai capable to Kill millions of EOS luffys in mili seconds lmao

- Probably, there isn't just a moment that I would mention, I like every moment that Luffy just understands what he has to do and he overcome the situation. If I had to choose a moment, I would choose the Ougon Rifle he gave at Skypiea and the last punch on Doflamingo. Two epic moments for me.

- He is pure in what he thinks. He just says everything he thinks about everyone around. That's marvelous!

- Well, I think that in One Piece things just happens, maybe Luffy doesn't need to exactly drive the story, the circumstances are given by Oda and Luffy just has to deal with the consequences.

- First of all, the Will of D. But talking from other points, he has the motivation to overcome Shanks and being the freest man in the world (the same that Roger said).

- He treats everyone almost equally, I see that he has a special charism with Zoro and ASL. About Garp, maybe in the Last War Arc, Garp probably will betray the Marine and the WG to ally with Luffy.

- Luffy is a genius when he is fighting, but he is dumb in generally. Some fans doesn't llike that, but I personally wouldn't change nothing. Luffy is a well constructed main character for me, he has all the qualities and problems he needs to.

Well, I think this is it.

I have been thinking of writing a character analysis for Luffy for a while now, but due to me being busy and Luffy being such an exhaustive character to analyze, its not easy, So I though to start a character discussion thread.
Luffy is very simple character at first glance, confident, strong, straightforward, dumb but with very high emotional quotient and adventurous spirit. He loves armour, bugs and snow. He is weirdly obsessed with the idea of manhood and romanticism.
But as story progresses we see more layers to him, We get to know the reason he has severe abandonment issues.
He has to suffer the consequences of him being too easy going with the crew, the dilemma of choosing between being a leader or a friend, how his ideals have been influenced by his childhood mentor.
What is freedom to him and how does being pirate King play into that etc.

I'd like to know your thoughts on any below certain points or more if you can add.

@Bogard @Emperor @Hades @Luffy is the mc @Luffy_Fan @Noctis @Kromage911 @uyuu
@Captain Luffy @Jet Pistol @Rayleigh-Sama
:shame::ihaha: