Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
true but the sunny is like choppers hat it fits all i cant remember if it was a filler ep or a movie but they showed the male room and female rooms and technically franky brook and jinbei are all too big. Plus add yamato who is big also so size does not matter hahahaha
I don’t think filler arc is considered canon. Even anime adaptation which follows the manga sometimes doesn’t follow exactly like in manga, like with some additional scenes so the anime adaptation is still pretty far with the manga.

but it’s still possible that Franky’s job as a Shipwright means that Sunny can be bigger by increasing the size of the male & female room.
Post automatically merged:

The toast again...

The same chapter that Oda denies the toast for Jinbei, the existance of the "son" of Kaido is introduced to us...

I wonder why Oda did that...

Maybe it's a stretch, but I was doing some streching exercices IRL so why not finishing stretching here
:crazwhat:
Ah my bad that I forgot the toast post. A really beautifully made animation indeed:

The toast again...

The same chapter that Oda denies the toast for Jinbei, the existance of the "son" of Kaido is introduced to us...

I wonder why Oda did that...

Maybe it's a stretch, but I was doing some streching exercices IRL so why not finishing stretching here
:crazwhat:

You know guyz.. if you like making those analogies, here is one:

Chapter 823. Vivi, the former member of the strawhats crew is reintroduced for the first time in decade at the look out post having fun with her freedom. Same chapter a few page later... Carrot is introduced !

Coincidence much?

Chapter 823. Vivi, the former member of the strawhats crew is reintroduced for the first time in decade at the look out post having fun with her freedom. Same chapter a few page later... Carrot is introduced !

Coincidence much?
And just like Vivi, Carrot will see the StrawHats leave without her.

:sanmoji:

Which character is closer to Vivi right now?

Carrot or Yamato ?
Hiyori is the princess of the arc, so Hiyori.

Also I would like to know your opinion on the following topic:

All StrawHats follow a clear pattern:
- Tragic past (flashback)
- Own arc (co-protagonists during their arc)
- Main villain (Luffy is the one defeating the villain of the arc, liberating the new member)

Yamato fills the spot, Carrot needs some serious work. At the end of Wano, we are leaving with only Yamato or with Yamato+Carrot (Law will also "join", maybe?)

Hiyori is the princess of the arc, so Hiyori.

Also I would like to know your opinion on the following topic:

All StrawHats follow a clear pattern:
- Tragic past (flashback)
- Own arc (co-protagonists during their arc)
- Main villain (Luffy is the one defeating the villain of the arc, liberating the new member)

Yamato fills the spot, Carrot needs some serious work. At the end of Wano, we are leaving with only Yamato or with Yamato+Carrot (Law will also "join", maybe?)
There is much more than that

Again, for the numerous time, Yamato gets the spotlight that even One Piece official youtube channel is going to specially discuss her.

after got insane amount of spotlight:
1. Weekly Shonen Jump made special interview with Saori Hayami, who we all know as Yamato’s VA
2. One Piece official youtube channel & One Piece official twitter also welcomes Saori Hayami
3. Yamato specially made her animated appearance debut, in one of We Are One special episode

Now with this special upcoming discussion, in One Piece official youtube channel, about Yamato. For those who might don’t know what the big words are: “Is Yamato going to be a Straw Hat crew? Isn’t she?”

And if you guys open the youtube link, the caption specifically says: 仲間がいるよTube which means “I have nakama-tube”

That’s very much for being an irrelevant character. It’s like Oda wants to put it directly into fans’ face, that whether you like it or not, Yamato is relevant and 99% joining. The 1% is when Luffy finally invites/accepts her, after Kaido is defeated.

P.S.: and also, the background color of Yamato will possibly be Yamato’s specific color: deep orange / persimmon. In Japanese it’s “柿色”. It connects with Oden’s iconic deep orange kimono.
Jesus at this point it’s an overkill lol

There is much more than that
Luffy having a 1v1 conversation with the person about their goals and ideals?

They show Qualities of being a good person despite being an outcast/discriminate by people?
The character must show their importance with the arc without that person being involved the arc drastically changes.
Luffy must be fixated or eager for them to join the crew?
They must earn respect for Luffy before they join?
Their character also shown to be very selfless.
Luffy changes their outlook on life?
Luffy also trust the character do a certain task for him.
There also working alongside the strawhats that is not off screen?
Do they have proper motivation to get stronger for Luffy and rest of the strawhats?
Yamato fills that position more than carrot does. The only thing Luffy hasn't been fixated on her joining at this moment in time. He might do it towards end of the arc because what she has done for him. I think he would be most grateful towards her involvement Without her involvement Momo dies which the result ends being samurai lose the will to fight. Luffy loses round 2 against Kaido of course. His crew and his alliance get completely Decimated and eliminated. During this arc king, queen and Jimbei do acknowledge her importance with the arc.

Coincidence much?
Also in Chapter 823, Sterry, Sabo's stepbro, was introduced in the present timeline... Other trash characters were also reintroduced like Wapol, Jango and Fullbody... Vivi's father, Cobra, was also seen on wheelchair... Coincidence?

Also in Chapter 823, Sterry, Sabo's stepbro, was introduced in the present timeline... Other trash characters were also reintroduced like Wapol, Jango and Fullbody... Vivi's father, Cobra, was also seen on wheelchair... Coincidence?
Are you reallyt comparing Carrot with those character thinking you aren't dishonest ?
Post automatically merged:

Luffy having a 1v1 conversation with the person about their goals and ideals?

They show Qualities of being a good person despite being an outcast/discriminate by people?
The character must show their importance with the arc without that person being involved the arc drastically changes.
Luffy must be fixated or eager for them to join the crew?
They must earn respect for Luffy before they join?
Their character also shown to be very selfless.
Luffy changes their outlook on life?
Luffy also trust the character do a certain task for him.
There also working alongside the strawhats that is not off screen?
Do they have proper motivation to get stronger for Luffy and rest of the strawhats?
Yamato fills that position more than carrot does. The only thing Luffy hasn't been fixated on her joining at this moment in time. He might do it towards end of the arc because what she has done for him. I think he would be most grateful towards her involvement Without her involvement Momo dies which the result ends being samurai lose the will to fight. Luffy loses round 2 against Kaido of course. His crew and his alliance get completely Decimated and eliminated. During this arc king, queen and Jimbei do acknowledge her importance with the arc.
There much more than that and Carrot fill also those parameters

Then I ask you. Does Yamato fill THIS pattern (a much more relevant one, because those that you just gave me can be fullfil AFTER the joining):

I will reply (very quikly) to this.

If we analyse the pattern of the strawhats we can say that to be validated for a character there is multiple parameters that must be checked first:

1. As been anywhere in the story a need/want for the post OR said crewmate to this post or as a member of the crew. It can be very subtle with hints or more obvious with strong setup. The need can also be narrative (for example the need for a first mate is narrative, not explicite)

2. Does the post fits a place on the ship, something significant and does this place make the crew better in their journey ?

3. Does the post has been introduced yet, either in a subtle manner or obviously ?

4. Did said character has been introduced already with capacity for the post

5. Did said character had a strong action related to this post (what I call "the Shining mugiwara action") and does this action had been witnessed by at least one member of the crew.

Let me give you an example: Jinbe / Helmsman

1. There has been hint all over the story that someone would need to fullfill the job. It can been seen - for example - just before arriving to the whole cake island where Brook take over the helm from Luffy who is doing a poor job at it. You can also say that Jinbe is a crewmate needed by Luffy from Fishmen Island.

2. The post fits one of the most crucial post of the ship, in battle it can make the difference between life or death.

3. The post has been introduced all over the story through the strawhats taking the helm

4. Jinbe has been introduced has an helmsman after Impel down.

5. Jinbe's mugiwara action is the "Green Room", he uses his capacities to get the ship away from Big Momo through the wave. The action amazes all the strawhats present.

Why are those parameters so important you will ask.. Well because everything in a story must be setup first. In another words gradually introduced to the reader. It must stay clear without being obvious. That's a fine line that each author must follow when they are introducing a team. Oda is no different. each of those steps are important.

- The first one introduce the need for the role to the story, for that reason there are job on a ship that will never be shown.
- The second show the importance of said post on a ship, making it relevant to the story
- The third shows that the strawhat are perfoming this role already, therefore this role has a meaning in the construction of our crew
- The fourth introduced us to the capacity of a character. It permits that the author will be able to make him do a great action without having to explain the history of the post for the character to the readers (show don't tell)
- The fifth ciment the character to the role on the ship by giving him a "shonen action", an action so magistral that it amaze one or more character present during the action.

Check it out. All the strawhats have those 5 steps. Not always at the same magnitude, sometimes the shonen action is not that impressive (this is the case for Robin for example) and sometime the need is very subtle, but those steps are always there and serves each characters into there role.

Now.. when we look at it only ONE job has been given the 5 step treatment and it's the Sentinelle/Recon/Look-Out. I won't give you more information, I'm sure that you will be able to find.. in the story, the 5 steps for this specific role.. and unto which specific character it will lead you to..
If yes then ok, Yamato has a small shot. If not. She has a long way to go to catch Carrot.

Last edited:
No, he's pointing out that being introduced in the same chapter as Vivi shows up doesn't automatically make you important.
What i'm pointing out is not that Carrot is REintroduced at the same chapter that Vivi is REintroduced. I'm pointing out that Vivi is REintroduced at the lookout. Which is not something random but a active narrative feet from Oda:

If I had to make a quick analysis of the chapter:

Oda is making a stand about a world in movement through the eyes of the lookout(s)!

FIrst by beginning the chapter through the eyes of Vivi on the look out post looking at her freedom, he then put the world in movement and make it shine through the eyes of Carrot and then go back to another news through the eyes of Pedro at the look out post !

This is what I'm talking about when I say that Oda is putting the look out at the center of this chapter. This was a magnificiant One Piece chapter, pure storytelling through milking.

What i'm pointing out is not that Carrot is REintroduced at the same chapter that Vivi is REintroduced. I'm pointing out that Vivi is REintroduced at the lookout. Which is not something random but a active narrative feet from Oda:
They were reintroduced at the same chapter as well... Those trash characters and someone who is ill... Trying to single out Vivi?

Status
Not open for further replies.