Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but wasn't Robin a major character throughout the alabasta arc? Didn't she save Luffy twice in that. Didn't she Know something about the will of D? Didn't Luffy save her life when she wishes to die? Furthermore her past was talk about by the marines and smoker. Luffy accepted her joining the crew because she was a good person. Her next arc afterwards she was major character telling the other characters there was island in the sky. In the skypia arc she at least had her own fight that wasn't off screen. While carrot is the opposite that regard. Towards the end of skypia when she read the poneglaphs roger somehow was able Carve his marking that he was here.

When we enter water 7 and Enies Lobby it would end up being a story centric arc that focus on robin Where is Carrot story centric arc is non existent. All the enemies that had personal ties to carrot have already been dealt with by Kinemon, Cat viper and dogstorm. So, There is no motivation for her continue path with the strawhats. While Yamato at least has personal enemy. If luffy does defeat Kaido she has proper motivation to continue working alongside with Luffy and rest strawhats She at least doing an important part with in the arc without her involvement the entire crew and alliance are dead
Robin is a side Character during Alabasta, much like Carrot is during whole cake. Her relevance only happens AFTER she joins the strawhat. Keep in mind that when I'm talking about "joining" I'm not talking about an official recruitment.

If you want, see Carrot as a blank page. Carrot is not important, she is not hunted by the world gouvernment, she was not abandonned by pirates, she did not lost her parent (at least until now), she was not robbed of her villlage and never leaved 50 years alone nah.. she is just a bunny girl who wanted to go on an adventure. And that precisely why she is the best character for the last post as a strawhat.

I have an hypothesis - also I would need confirmation - that Oda crafted Carrot in order to give a second blow of innocence to the s tory, much like Luffy was at the beginning. And I think, but I could be wrong, that Oda crafted specifically Carrot for someone: his daughter.

Carrot was the age of his first girl at the time of her introduction. A girl going out to sea at that moment would be perfect for that.

This has yet to be confirmed but I like this hypothesis.

Post automatically merged:

Is this a joke? You can make this "analysis" about literally any chapter in One Piece. All you did was count every time a character saw something.
Yes my point.. every chapters. Stating the obvious is part of the analysis. Sometime it's obvious, sometimes it's not.

I’m honestly not a fan of Leo, Orlumbus and Ideo being captains of the GF… a mink captain (like Pekoms) with people from his tribe would have been a better crew backing the SHs tbh. Tho I have no doubt Oda would make them grow strong enough to be able help the SHs yet still these guys seem underwhelming lol.

I’m honestly not a fan of Leo, Orlumbus and Ideo being captains of the GF… a mink captain (like Pekoms) with people from his tribe would have been a better crew backing the SHs tbh. Tho I have no doubt Oda would make them grow strong enough to be able help the SHs yet still these guys seem underwhelming lol.
I agree a Mink captain would have been awesome

Why are you guys debating with @CarrotForNakama :kaidowhat::kaidowhat:
Maybe because I have actual arguments ?

The biggest is obstacle is still Blackbeard. Luffy said he guess 10 people would make a proper crew(could grow to 12) and BB has his 10 Titanic Captians(again, can grow). Not only does Luffy need a personal reason to go after Blackbeard, the BB pirates are still DF hunting which can easily do the trick.

Some may say Luffy vs BB is already personal but it's not; Luffy didn't care much about BB becoming an Emperor and he was willing to let Burgess eat the Mera Mera no mi in order to save Law.

Obviously, Straws Hats vs the Blackbeard Pirates will be thematic to tell a story, one of them being Catarina Devon vs a Female SH. Catarina is known for mounting the heads of pretty girls so she gonna be fighting Nami, Robin or presumably Yamato if she joins. It helps that Catarina is mythical zoan(Kitsune from Japanese folklore similar to Kinemon and Gyukimaru), can mimic appearances and presumably has fire powers.
I’d be surprised if Devon vs Yamato doesn’t happen.

Mythical Dog Zoan vs Mythical Dog Zoan
Girl with identity issues vs girl who can transform into anyone
Fire vs ice potentially

Nami will fight Lafitte because they’re both navigators, and he was a corrupt cop while she was a noble burglar. Robin will fight San Juan Wolf, who I think will have a connection to Tequila Wolf

Oda cared so much about shining a light in Carrot's lookout position that the the raid starts with her standing around uselessly while Usopp is the lookout, truly the care and importance Oda would give to a character that will join the crew and their vital role.
:rolaugh:
Yes and ? Does this negates what I analysed ?

Yes, because if Carrot was going to be the lookout for the strawhats then why was Ussop the one getting highlighted as the lookout when she was right there?
Missdirection

Of course it's strange, but I guess, he had the choice between showing Carrot with the group and outside of the group. We must also notice how Usopp has hard time going to the post, that, just behind Carrot who has no problem..

in any way.. wether it be Yamato or Carrot. Oda made odd choices to missdirect the fans.

Robin is a side Character during Alabasta, much like Carrot is during whole cake. Her relevance only happens AFTER she joins the strawhat. Keep in mind that when I'm talking about "joining" I'm not talking about an official recruitment.

If you want, see Carrot as a blank page. Carrot is not important, she is not hunted by the world gouvernment, she was not abandonned by pirates, she did not lost her parent (at least until now), she was not robbed of her villlage and never leaved 50 years alone nah.. she is just a bunny girl who wanted to go on an adventure. And that precisely why she is the best character for the last post as a strawhat.

I have an hypothesis - also I would need confirmation - that Oda crafted Carrot in order to give a second blow of innocence to the s tory, much like Luffy was at the beginning. And I think, but I could be wrong, that Oda crafted specifically Carrot for someone: his daughter.

Carrot was the age of his first girl at the time of her introduction. A girl going out to sea at that moment would be perfect for that.

This has yet to be confirmed but I like this hypothesis.

Yes my point.. every chapters. Stating the obvious is part of the analysis. Sometime it's obvious, sometimes it's not.
Her having a good lifestyle and having major event that we don’t know the history between two characters doesn’t make her a strawhat at all. She didn’t even experience hardship several years desperately looking for friends to accept her and she didn’t even struggle. She had wonderful and peaceful life in zou and she was well respect individual until jack arrived.
But all of carrot personal trauma has already been dealt by with other characters. So, there isn't really any motivation for her to continue on further with the strawhats Not to mention that since the strawhats are taking their first yonko it wouldn’t feel rewarded because she hadn’t done anything to earn it. Plus, she doesn't talk about anything regarding her own backstory that could lead to other arc or the dawn pedro spoke of. Ussop when we are entering ongishima took over her role being look out. Her fight was completely skip over handed it over by someone else. IF you took carrot out of arc it wouldn't change anything at all. Robin might be side character in that arc she at least in important character later in the story. Without her involvement we wouldn't finding clues for laughtale and in alabasta vivi might be dead. The bomb would explode kill everyone including the strawhats.

(6) Usopp Attack the Onigashima's Guard | Usopp's Sniper Skill | One Piece Episode 983 - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.