Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By now is quite clear that Carrot travel with the SH is a paralel to Neko&Inu travel with Roger, they get in the ship, Go through some adventures, but didnt really join the crew and when the time for the real crew go to Laftel came, they stay in Wano. Carrot adventure will be like this, befriend the SH, hide to enter the ship, go with them to WCI, fight with the mink in Wano them go back to Zou until we see her, the Minks and Zunesha again in the final War

But the 15 that Yamato has gotten already isn't?
:choppawhat:
Yup. The reason is simple, the arc of character of Yamato is not directed at the sea, but toward the protection of Wano / Momo / and the samourai. So even if Yamato had a lot of shining moment, they does not really count as recrutment material. We would need a new arc of character for that. (and it's still possible that we get one)

On the other hand there is only one pass for Carrot, it's Pedro's word "Luffy and his crew might be the one our race await for generation ... One day you will realize why it is so important for Luffy and his crew to sail away". No other arcs have been setup for carrot.

And those words are putting Carrot directly on the pass of the sea that why if Carrot shines it will be only for this reason "the comprehension of Luffy's importance and the mink's relation to the dawn."

So if Carrot shines and their is a questionment from Carrot, this is it, it would be only a matter of time before Carrot chooses to sail away once again, for the mink.. and Pedro. (the best thing is, Oda does not even need that cahracter arc to make Carrot sail away once again)

That's why I say, "one shining moment is all it will take"

Yup. The reason is simple, the arc of character of Yamato is not directed at the sea, but toward the protection of Wano / Momo / and the samourai. So even if Yamato had a lot of shining moment, they does not really count as recrutment material. We would need a new arc of character for that. (and it's still possible that we get one)
Yamato staying to protect Wano? She already confirmed to leave Wano and sail the sea after the defeat of Kaido and on top of that telling us she wants to join the SHs.

if it’s on Luffy to choose between the two it’s a clear answer of Yamato.

By the chance of a miracle happen and she does something useful soon, the crew ain’t gonna be like great Carrot now you are worthy of being a crew member lol. Not like she has the power to do so unlike guess who? Yamato. Even atm Yamato is being more useful than Carrot ever was xD

I ain’t gonna be surprised if Oda repeated the Pedro Roger moment in a similar way with Carrot and Luffy lol.

Not at all. I can see Law even joining the crew tbh but Kid has never been portrayed that way even a little bit. You're way off on this one.
So far he's been a reliable ally, he showed an insane amount of trust in luffy

He won't join the grand fleet, but so far he showed the exact same traits as Cavendish for instance lol, also don't take it too seriously, it's just a joke

Yamato staying to protect Wano? She already confirmed to leave Wano and sail the sea after the defeat of Kaido and on top of that telling us she wants to join the SHs.

if it’s on Luffy to choose between the two it’s a clear answer of Yamato.

By the chance of a miracle happen and she does something useful soon, the crew ain’t gonna be like great Carrot now you are worthy of being a crew member lol. Not like she has the power to do so unlike guess who? Yamato. Even atm Yamato is being more useful than Carrot ever was xD

I ain’t gonna be surprised if Oda repeated the Pedro Roger moment in a similar way with Carrot and Luffy lol.
Wrong. Yamato has never been confirmed to leave Wano. All we know is taht it was Yamato's wish until now, that's all.

:kayneshrug:
Not to mention that there is only one time where Yamato was "set up" to stay and protect Wano

..And it was done by the villain
Exactly, that is exactly what Yamato's story arc is: an ironic one. While it's true Kaido does want Yamato to be Wano's guardian deity, it's argumentation is only based on the will to not let Yamato gain her freedom.

In fact, What is setup here is Yamato refusing to go at sea to protect Wano, on the base of her own FREEDOM.

Basically, Yamato will CHOOSE to protect Wano, not the opposite. Much like Oden choosed to come back to protect Wano.

Concerning the dialogue of Yamato and Luffy, I analysed it here . There is no world where a character give that type of sentence where the sentence can became completely true.

Exactly, that is exactly what Yamato's story arc is: an ironic one
:seriously:
While it's true Kaido does want Yamato to be Wano's guardian deity, it's argumentation is only based on the will to not let Yamato gain her freedom.
We dont know that, at least not if its ONLY because of that, his reasoning is very much a mystery

Basically, Yamato will CHOOSE to protect Wano, not the opposite. Much like Oden choosed to come back to protect Wano
Ok, where are the hints or set up for that, the basis of this theory?
Much like Oden choosed to come back to protect Wano.
Its HEAVILY implid that Oden came back and decided to stay not only because of his family and so on, but because of what he found out about the prophecy
and Yamato knows about that prophecy and still wants to go, so I cant see how she would mimic that when Momo is already fulfilling that part of the prophecy
Concerning the dialogue of Yamato and Luffy, I analysed it here
"Here Yamato implies that he wants to go on the Sunny because of he followed his logic (because Luffy is Ace's brother). Implying that the reason is not Luffy but his reasonning."
No, we know now that its not just because of that reasoning, she wants to go with Luffy for at least 3 reasons
-Ace's brother
-Joy boy
-Actual respect for his achievements, thats why she even knows the name of his crewmates already

"For example: Robin forced Luffy's hand.. yes.. but for a good reason: Luffy saved her, he was therefore responsible for her being alive and without nowhere to go. "
I fail to see how this instance was fine but not Yamato's request, that was way more forceful while Yamato just had a weird reasoning, also Oda purposefully not giving us an answer instead of a straight up "no" makes it even less unlikely to be read in such manner

Then you proceed to show examples of Oda subverting expectations, but in your examples(Vivi and Sanji) both had a simultaneous build up for said subversion, setting up the ground for it
So much that I would hardly call Sanji's case a subversions at all, and the other examples you gave are hardly comparable to these ones since they were plot related and not regarding a character doing or not doing something specifically

"A good reader of One Piece will know that all the mugiwara will follow Luffy because of HIM FIRST"

Wrong. Yamato has never been confirmed to leave Wano. All we know is taht it was Yamato's wish until now, that's all.
She wants to leave Wano there’s nothing forcing her to stay. Her job isn’t to protect Wano after Kaido’s defeat. Yamato wants to go on adventures and she will. You seriously think Carrot has more chances of leaving Zou her own country while Yamato isn’t lol. You can’t even convince yourself that Oda will not have Yamato’s wish come true. It’s too clear the statement of Yamato leaving Wano and joining the SHs are much better and higher than Carrot joining the crew.

The think here is quite simple, there is no need to complicate things. Yamato wants to go to see just like oden, he thinks Luffy is the best person to take him to see, Luffy accepted robin who was an enemy when she asked without questions. Yamato is already and ally so if she asks again after the fight Luffy won’t say no. As for carrot I can’t say she won’t join. But to me she doesn’t really fit in or better said I don’t really care for her. But that is my opinion and that doesn’t mean anything. But Carrots wish already came true kinda. She wanted to leave Zou and go to see. She has done that. Time for to go home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.