Who is Stronger?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he wasn't. He started off as the most generic of the scabbards, became a bad guy with an interesting backstory, and then continued to be incredibly generic.

The anime did a better job of fleshing him out than the manga.

One Piece is a cliche series.

Yeah, but I do feel like they are very well drawn. Its just that some of them could be more fleshed out still, or haven't really gotten their due(Namely Kyoshiro and Kawamatsu).

The others like Raizo(fighting Fuku), Kinemon, Kiku, Ashura, Neko, Inu and even Izo(who has had a lot of nice interactions with Kiku), have had some really fleshed out stuff.

Kyoshiro and Kawamatsu need one stand out moment to really make them worthwhile additions to the raid. Kyoshiro had promise at the beginning, but hasn't done much since.
Kanjuro isn't generic, Kanjuro became more interesting than the other Scabbards once he was revealed as a villain. Nothing about Kanjuro is generic and he is also one of the more better villains of this arc, the only time I would say that Kanjuro was generic was back when he was still pretending to be a Scabbard.

Also just a reminder that so far other than Kaido and Perospero, Kanjuro is the only other antagonist that has actually defeated someone on the protagonist side during this raid/war.

Even though I like Raizo, he is imo one of the least interesting Scabbards and his fight with Fukurokuju doesn't suddenly make him a more better and interesting character than the others.

Raizo, Ashura Doji, and Inuarashi are the only Scabbards that did not make it on the top 200 in the worldwide global popularity poll and in fact none of those three made it on the top 100 for any region, making Raizo, Ashura Doji, and Inuarashi the three least popular Scabbards.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Kanjuro isn't generic, Kanjuro became more interesting than the other Scabbards once he was revealed as a villain. Nothing about Kanjuro is generic and he is also one of the more better villains of this arc, the only time I would say that Kanjuro was generic was back when he was still pretending to be a Scabbard.

Also just a reminder that so far other than Kaido and Perospero, Kanjuro is the only other antagonist that has actually defeated someone on the protagonist side during this raid/war.

Even though I like Raizo, he is imo one of the least interesting Scabbards and his fight with Fukurokuju doesn't suddenly make him a more better and interesting character than the others.

Raizo, Ashura Doji, and Inuarashi are the only Scabbards that did not make it on the top 200 in the worldwide global popularity poll and in fact none of those three made it on the top 100 for any region, making Raizo, Ashura Doji, and Inuarashi the three least popular Scabbards.
Kanjuro being revealed as the traitor was very nice. It was laid out from the get go with clues that people figured out even before the reveal. Good shit.
Kanjuro being a Kurozumi is fucking out of NOWHERE. It was made purely so we could be convinced that Kanjuro would betray Oden, even after the flashback when Kanjuro didn't show a single panel that could flash him as the traitor for the reader.
"Why the fuck does Kanjuro hates Oden? Even after the boiling scene and all...."
"Kanjuro is a Kurozumi".
"Understandable. Have a nice day.".

Oda didn't bother creating an engaging backstory for Kanjuro hating Oden. He just slapped the "kurozumi" name there so we would accept his hatred and that's it.
That part is absolutely garbage and lazy.

Kanjuro is the only villain besides Crydo and King who actually got some Ws.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Ok then using your logic Jinbei as the new world veteran should be over Sanji and Killer
lol why? all oda said was among the new generation of pirates the rooftop 5 are the strongest. he never said anything about vets like jinbe being stronger or weaker than sanji or killer.

fwiw i think jinbe is weaker than sanji and killer the moment the raid started. sanji's raidsuit gave him the edge over jinbe and killer is just stronger.

He is, but I don't think Oda gave him enough focus(I think the anime actually did a better job with literally everything about him up to Kiku "killing" him).
Yeah, Kanjuro taking out two of the scabbards was nice. I would have liked if Jack managed out to take out Inu at least in a draw or something like that.
Yeah, Raizo is pretty much "pre-reveal" Kanjuro tier in terms of interest, but I think that his conflict with Fukurokuju has the opportunity to make him more interesting. Giving characters panel space to do stuff does have that effect.
Don't really think popularity polls mean much, or hold much weight personally.

lol why? all oda said was among the new generation of pirates the rooftop 5 are the strongest. he never said anything about vets like jinbe being stronger or weaker than sanji or killer.

fwiw i think jinbe is weaker than sanji and killer the moment the raid started. sanji's raidsuit gave him the edge over jinbe and killer is just stronger.
Jinbei and Sanji aint supernovas, Jinbei was also a former warlord and low diffed a F6, similarly Killer does to an enemy of similar level, possibly worse.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Jinbei and Sanji aint supernovas, Jinbei was also a former warlord and low diffed a F6, similarly Killer does to an enemy of similar level, possibly worse.
you don't need to be a supernova to be called a rookie.

a severely nerfed killer was matching a pre enma two sword style zoro blow for blow before rengoku onigiri. it isn't hard to scale killer with pre enma zoro. and pre enma zoro was over pre powerup sanji.

I have soo much qestions:

- I wonder what the Killer and Hawkins are talking about,
- the whole thing about defeating Hawkins is for me incomprehensible so far,
- Sanji on the run from the tag after he and Zoro agreed that by defeating King and Quen they would bring Luffy closer to becoming the pirate king ??? - i don't think we know the whole context of this scene yet,
- secret meaning of the "Tower" card - "a new way" - what is that supposed to mean ???
- Kid and Law vs BM fight - maybe we'll see some new attack,
- cover page :D,

:shocking::neesama::kayneshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.