Screenplay | 山崎亮 - Ryo Yamazaki
Art | 土居ゆりの - Yurino Doi
Animation | 久田和也 - Kazuya Hisada
Direction | 中島豊 - Yutaka Nakashima
Storyboard | ___
Airdate: October 24, 2021

Episode 997 PREVIEW

OP 23 - TV Size

Good episode - just finished watching. Ulti vs Yamato was great, but I also really enjoyed the scene with Zeus and Nami. That was hilarious. Nami REALLY frightened him lol.

Also, WsW is on his way to take care of some "business!!!!" I'm so HYPED.

W

Wonderful World

I really love both Yamato and Ulti's voice actors. Tomoyo Kurosawa brings Ulti to life with her energetic voice acting, and Saori Hayami brings passion to Yamato. I know most people might disagree, but I do enjoy the occasional filler scenes the anime gets.

As much as I've been enjoying the manga, I have to say I'm more so looking forward to seeing everything animated since Wano has been outstanding so far.
Post automatically merged:

When is Sanji vs King?
I'm assuming the next episode, but I could be wrong.

• That intro card with Oden's shooting stars:steef:

• Funny that the Scabbards are content just digging their swords into Kaido while Izo keeps blasting that mofo.

• Imagine if Ulti is not a mace expert and just really good at improvising with a weapon she swiped from a grunt.

• Shinobu VS three Calamities. :madmonk:(Jinbe): Nico Robin, stay here and grab me my popcorn.

• Where was Nami hiding that rod?:catblush:

• Really loving the extra gigantic Big Mom this episode. She steps on fodder like cockroaches.

• Lv 1. is seeing Nami's scary face, Lv. 99 is hearing her creepy laugh.
  • Kaido made the Scabbards bleed just by flexing so hard they flew off like Pop Up Pirate pieces.:finally:
A decent first half followed by a strong second half. Good to see side battles like Nami+Carrot's combo, Luffy vs Big Mom and especially Yamato vs Ulti getting blessed with dat animation. Nami making faces at Zeus as her eyes were covered to suddenly reveal a blank expression paired with an eerie tone and laugh as the scene fades to bloody red was unexpected character acting gold. OST choices a little iffy in this one. The two epic Oden tracks ended anti-climactically still going after their moments had passed. In general, I noticed a lot of awkward silence in what is now an active war zone with thousands of samurai on the offensive. Marineford filled the background with sfx for sword clashes, cannons and gunfire so we'll see if that changes with Luffy's declaration.

Starting to get curious what event is lining up for Episode 1000, but every episode until then should be on this level at minimum to help with the build up.

I really love both Yamato and Ulti's voice actors. Tomoyo Kurosawa brings Ulti to life with her energetic voice acting, and Saori Hayami brings passion to Yamato. I know most people might disagree, but I do enjoy the occasional filler scenes the anime gets.

As much as I've been enjoying the manga, I have to say I'm more so looking forward to seeing everything animated since Wano has been outstanding so far.
Post automatically merged:

I'm assuming the next episode, but I could be wrong.
Yeah tomoyo kurosawa and saori hayamin greatness my favourite VA
:finally:

I'm very pleased with Saori Hayama, though I really wanted to see a Kana Hanazawa Yamato. It's still a win-win for everyone!

:cheers:
Yeah…i didnt expected hayamin will voice yamato at all lol great it fits her…I am also waiting for kana hanazawa and ai kayano to make appearance in OP …imagine oda create another 2 characters that will join straw hats and toei will cast those 2 as VA we will get the big 3 VA in OP lol…
:steef::steef::steef::steef::steef: