Anime Discussion 86

Rej

Year of the black beard!

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41457/86

According to the Republic of San Magnolia, their ongoing war against the Giadian Empire has no casualties—however, that is mere propaganda. While the silver-haired Alba of the Republic's eighty-five sectors live safely behind protective walls, those of different appearances are interned in a secret eighty-sixth faction. Known within the military as the Eighty-Six, they are forced to fight against the Empire's autonomous Legion under the command of the Republican "Handlers."

Vladilena Milizé is assigned to the Spearhead squadron to replace their previous Handler. Shunned by her peers for being a fellow Eighty-Six supporter, she continues to fight against their inhumane discrimination. Shinei Nouzen is the captain of the Spearhead squadron. Infamous for being the sole survivor of every squadron he's been in, he insists on shouldering the names and wishes of his fallen comrades. When the fates of these young souls from two different worlds collide, will it ignite the spark that lights their path to salvation, or will they burn themselves in the flames of despair?

My personal opinion? Extremely underrated show, good mix of genres. You can clearly feel it is different from regular animes because it's source is a Light Novel. And the story is amazing. It uses great metaphors, philosophy and storytelling to get you attached to it's world and characters. If you are looking for a very intense and hooking war-drama, then this show should absolutely be your first decision.

Any fellow 86 enjoyers here? The second season (second cour) is currently (Fall Season 2021) airing and it's not to late to join the train!​

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I've been watching the series since its first episode:blush:
I love the direction, OST and characters.
Can't wait to see Shin and Lena reunion.
Pog, I just joined the train this fall season and I agree with everything.
Watching through S1 was a nervewreck (a positive one) as I wanted to know what happens with the 86 and I got thrilled by the thoughts and possibilities.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Pog, I just joined the train this fall season and I agree with everything.
Watching through S1 was a nervewreck (a positive one) as I wanted to know what happens with the 86 and I got thrilled by the thoughts and possibilities.
I'm glad you're enjoying the series. With the ending of that season, do u plan to read the light novel?

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I'm glad you're enjoying the series. With the ending of that season, do u plan to read the light novel?
I am not a reader type of person. Also I really enjoy the character designs.
I mean if I had more time and less shedule I would probably dive into the world of Light Novels. It's just so promising...but I don't have any energies left for that.

I am now glad that I can watch new episodes week by week until the season ends. Who knows what happens afterwards. Do you read the LN?

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
I am not a reader type of person. Also I really enjoy the character designs.
I mean if I had more time and less shedule I would probably dive into the world of Light Novels. It's just so promising...but I don't have any energies left for that.

I am now glad that I can watch new episodes week by week until the season ends. Who knows what happens afterwards. Do you read the LN?
Nah, i'm not a reader too, i only read 2 or 3 light novels ever:few:
I'm just asking because a new season usually takes 2 or 3 years come again, so reading the LN is the easiest way to caught up with the series.
Let's hope that a 2nd one will be announced by the end of the current, so we'll just have to wait one year:catpole:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Nah, i'm not a reader too, i only read 2 or 3 light novels ever:few:
I'm just asking because a new season usually takes 2 or 3 years come again, so reading the LN is the easiest way to caught up with the series.
Let's hope that a 2nd one will be announced by the end of the current, so we'll just have to wait one year:catpole:
Yeah, waiting would be tough tbh, it's already a pain with Re:ZERO or Konosuba.

But I peeked and 86 already has a spin off and both spin off and main show are ongoing. So we can expect alooooot of universe for this show. :josad: Gotta be following us probably for this decade and more than that.
Post automatically merged:

The rise of Vladilena Milize. :cheers:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
@Rej Great episode, and the ending? OMG:jinbewat:
I need the next episode now :crazwhat:
I have to watch tomorrow, my provider uploaded it quite late today ._. I am already super excited :pepapoo:

@Rej Great episode, and the ending? OMG:jinbewat:
I need the next episode now :crazwhat:
:nicagesmile: just saw it man
Shin is a real monster but god damn this show has a fucking twist every fucking episode, this is hell...waiting for another episode

:cheers: the new episode was amazing, so deep and so much conflict
I love Shin, he is my reaper:cheers:

Last episode was utterly goated. It emphasizes how the 86 are needed to win the war and how zhe federacy starts to built believe in them. This attack will prove the 86 to the world.
Also Shin and the voices. He clearly tries to find Lena after the annihilation of the republic. So sad. But we all know that Lena plot armored this through xD

Man next episode is getting delayed and that week after another delay ... its some hard news for us 86 fans.

Last edited:

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
:risitasad: man, they are like Oda, they deserve their break, I hope the last 2 or 3 episodes we will get will be damn bangers, we need to get back to Lena asap for my kokoros sake
I heard the production had some problems so these breaks are not for animators, they're probably in a insane overwork to finish the episodes :pepecry:
I hope 86 win some prizes because the staff deserve it.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I heard the production had some problems so these breaks are not for animators, they're probably in a insane overwork to finish the episodes :pepecry:
I hope 86 win some prizes because the staff deserve it.
yes agree, def contender for best debut show this year
also def show with best cliff hangers so far
I think I’m gonna check this out.
aye welcome to the train