Current Events PSA: Zoro getting CoC was always the plan

Is splitting the sky the pinnacle of advanced Conqueror's Haki?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
1033 has truly caused an outpouring of rage and salt within the community since Oda revealed once and for all that Zoro has Conqueror's Haki, with users on this forum finding various ways to cope with the pain. Among some of the more amusing claims include the following:

1. Zoro getting CoC is an asspull
2. Zoro getting CoC turns One Piece into Naruto because... reasons
3. Oda's handling of CoC is suddenly problematic because 'He HaSn'T ExPlAiNeD aNyThInG'

Leaving this thread as a gentle reminder that Zoro was always going to get CoC and that Zoro immediately unlocking advanced CoC makes perfect sense given what we know of his character.

CoC isn't supposed to be terribly uncommon
Chinjao said it here first. It's not that big a deal in the New World, and simply having CoC doesn't necessarily make one a top tier. I can't believe I'm having to point this out given that literal children can unlock Conqueror's, but here we are.

Of course, having a strong will means you can develop stronger haki in general, but the basic level of CoC in and of itself isn't indicative of how strong an individual character is.

Zoro is a Haki genius
Zoro unlocked regular haki much earlier than Luffy. His fight with Daz Bones awakened his Observation and gave him the Breath of All Things ability, also known as Ryuou or advanced armament.

Zoro unlocked COO alongside CoA despite COO not being his specialty. Jury's still out on whether Ashura itself is advanced CoC or is only used in conjunction with advanced CoC, but it makes sense either way. Zoro's near-death experiences have given him extremely accelerated growth in all three forms of haki, which meshes easily with information we've already been given:

Zoro's handicaps make his fights harder
Zoro has continuously been fighting with handicaps. Pre-timeskip, this was the injury he received from Mihawk, which was explicitly stated to require 2 years to heal.

Post-timeskip, Zoro has been holding back for the most part, only truly giving it his all in the rooftop battle and revealing the upgraded version of his ultimate technique. However, 1033 revealed that Enma has been handicapping Zoro all along, requiring him to release immense amounts of haki to properly use the sword. Unusued to the sword's overwhelming temperament, Zoro has not been able to fight freely and at full capacity the way Oden would have:

Enma is constantly stealing the user's Haki. We've seen what Haki depletion does, with Luffy turning into a useless sack and needing to be lugged around and babysat during G4's downtime. Despite Zoro having fought two yonko and now King with Enma, he's still got Haki left for his second round with Kaido's right hand, even declaring that he will not try to reduce or stabilise his Haki output. This goes back to Zoro being a Haki genius, which makes perfect sense given that Zoro's willpower is second to none.

Haki is not a hard magic system
Like it or not, Haki has always been a very nebulous concept, and it's unlikely that Oda has everything planned out for how it is to be used. However, CoC was hinted to have some use in combat when Shanks used it to crack the Moby Dick. Since Kaido revealed that CoC can in fact be used as a coating, it's safe to say that Oda will need to explain how it differs from CoA in more detail. The point remains, however, that Zoro unlocking and using CoC is a logically consistent powerup and if readers had complaints over the offensive use of CoC, they should really have complained when it was used by Luffy and Yamatrash first.

It was never really explained how Whitebeard and Shanks split the sky, or how Big Meme and Kaido replicated that feat many chapters later. However Luffy vs Kaido, and Whitebeard's comments to Shanks about his duels with Mihawk still ringing in his ears imply that CoC greatly enhances the user's destructive capabilities. Now we know that CoC was involved, both on the Moby Dick and almost certainly in the Mihawk/Shanks duels. Thus, advanced CoC is not, in fact, an asspull.

I hope I've sufficiently made my case for why ch. 1033 was perfectly consistent with previous story events and exposition surrounding Haki as a power system.

TLDR; Zoro has CoC. This makes sense. Cope harder.

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Dr. Spook
@Dragoban
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoku
@HeroesNZ
@Herrera95
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@LuthonTheDragDown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@marimoheado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@princeley
@Punpun
@queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadowStyle369
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@ten yaksha blother
@Thabeast
@TheKnightOfTheSea
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@Xione
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo

Last edited:
I voted yes at first, but changed it to no.

I just think Oda can make a lot of different shit going forward, stuff that can be more important / powerful than the sky splitting.

Such as how the fuck Zoro does Asura with CoC?

We need to learn more in time.
I don't think splitting the sky is the height of advanced CoC. Shanks and Whitebeard did it with neither party intending to kill the other, and both walking away from the clash unharmed. Simply splitting the sky would not make Whitebeard remember Shanks and Mihawk's duels. If Oda's joke becomes reality, and Zoro's CoC can cause earthquakes, that could be something to explore in future fights.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Even in the Post Timeskip, we've had instances like him commenting about Luffy's Conquerors Usage in FMI, Monet in Punk Hazard and Urashima being threatened by Zoro's aura in Wano.

Luffy knew Ryou at the rooftop, was a Conqueror and was able to pick up the basics of flowing his Conquerors Haki once he was hit by Kaido's Conquerors infused attacks. Zoro also knew Ryou (ever since the Timeskip!), was revealed to be a Conqueror all this while and was also hit by Kaido using Conquerors infused attacks.

People claiming that Zoro picking up the basics of flowing his Conquerors Haki is an asspull are either ignorant or just hard coping at this point.

1033 has truly caused an outpouring of rage and salt within the community since Oda revealed once and for all that Zoro has Conqueror's Haki, with users on this forum finding various ways to cope with the pain. Among some of the more amusing claims include the following:

3. Oda's handling of CoC is suddenly problematic because 'He HaSn'T ExPlAiNeD aNyThInG'

Leaving this thread as a gentle reminder that Zoro was always going to get CoC and that Zoro immediately unlocking advanced CoC makes perfect sense given what we know of his character.

Chinjao said it here first. It's not that big a deal in the New World, and simply having CoC doesn't necessarily make one a top tier. I can't believe I'm having to point this out given that literal children can unlock Conqueror's, but here we are.

Of course, having a strong will means you can develop stronger haki in general, but the basic level of CoC in and of itself isn't indicative of how strong an individual character is.

Zoro is a Haki genius
Zoro unlocked regular haki much earlier than Luffy. His fight with Daz Bones awakened his Observation and gave him the Breath of All Things ability, also known as Ryuou or advanced armament.

Zoro unlocked COO alongside CoA despite COO not being his specialty. Jury's still out on whether Ashura itself is advanced CoC or is only used in conjunction with advanced CoC, but it makes sense either way. Zoro's near-death experiences have given him extremely accelerated growth in all three forms of haki, which meshes easily with information we've already been given:

Zoro has continuously been fighting with handicaps. Pre-timeskip, this was the injury he received from Mihawk, which was explicitly stated to require 2 years to heal.

Post-timeskip, Zoro has been holding back for the most part, only truly giving it his all in the rooftop battle and revealing the upgraded version of his ultimate technique. However, 1033 revealed that Enma has been handicapping Zoro all along, requiring him to release immense amounts of haki to properly use the sword. Unusued to the sword's overwhelming temperament, Zoro has not been able to fight freely and at full capacity the way Oden would have:

Enma is constantly stealing the user's Haki. We've seen what Haki depletion does, with Luffy turning into a useless sack and needing to be lugged around and babysat during G4's downtime. Despite Zoro having fought two yonko and now King with Enma, he's still got Haki left for his second round with Kaido's right hand, even declaring that he will not try to reduce or stabilise his Haki output. This goes back to Zoro being a Haki genius, which makes perfect sense given that Zoro's willpower is second to none.

Like it or not, Haki has always been a very nebulous concept, and it's unlikely that Oda has everything planned out for how it is to be used. However, CoC was hinted to have some use in combat when Shanks used it to crack the Moby Dick. Since Kaido revealed that CoC can in fact be used as a coating, it's safe to say that Oda will need to explain how it differs from CoA in more detail. The point remains, however, that Zoro unlocking and using CoC is a logically consistent powerup and if readers had complaints over the offensive use of CoC, they should really have complained when it was used by Luffy and Yamatrash first.

It was never really explained how Whitebeard and Shanks split the sky, or how Big Meme and Kaido replicated that feat many chapters later. However Luffy vs Kaido, and Whitebeard's comments to Shanks about his duels with Mihawk still ringing in his ears imply that CoC greatly enhances the user's destructive capabilities. Now we know that CoC was involved, both on the Moby Dick and almost certainly in the Mihawk/Shanks duels. Thus, advanced CoC is not, in fact, an asspull.

I hope I've sufficiently made my case for why ch. 1033 was perfectly consistent with previous story events and exposition surrounding Haki as a power system.

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Dr. Spook
@dynamight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Herrera95
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@LuthonTheDragDown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@marimoheado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@princeley
@Punpun
@queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadowStyle369
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@ten yaksha blother
@Thabeast
@TheKnightOfTheSea
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@Xione
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo
We rise boys, I knew, the moment I heard White Beard talking about Shanks&Mihawk duel being legendary, I knew that Zoro will become a monster hacky user. His dedication,will,ambition,trust is all put into the blade and the blade will is reinforcing that.
If the OP community is calling Shanks the monster hacky (mihawk is even a step further) then Zoro will become the god hacky user.
I knew that Zoro unlock as first the hacky, Luffy had the df power for the first part of the journey but Zoro coudnt relay on df power so Oda explore hacky first with Zoro. Great and yes Asura will become the peak of adv coc hacky :kata:

Having CoC partially ruins Zoro's character because it's an ability you can't obtain or train. Either you are a CoC user or you are not. No matter how much Helmeppo or Kuina tried to become the strongest swordsman, they wouldn't be able to reach that. And it's even more true now that CoC is necessary to wield the strongest swords.

If Zoro fans are happy with this, I'm happy for them.

Zoro is a Haki genius

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Dr. Spook
@dynamight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Herrera95
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@LuthonTheDragDown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@marimoheado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@princeley
@Punpun
@queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadowStyle369
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@ten yaksha blother
@Thabeast
@TheKnightOfTheSea
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@Xione
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo
Zoro won’t split the sky he will cause earthquakes and divide hell itself with his CoC.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Having CoC partially ruins Zoro's character because it's an ability you can't obtain or train. Either you are a CoC user or you are not. No matter how much Helmeppo or Kuina tried to become the strongest swordsman, they wouldn't be able to reach that. And it's even more true now that CoC is necessary to wield the strongest swords.
If having CoC alone is enough to become the WSS, he would've become the WSS as a kid.

Being born a Conqueror, does not invalidate all the struggle he went through to reach his goal.

If Zoro fans are happy with this, I'm happy for them.
Don't see how it ruins Zoro's character given that this man's goal was always to be the king of swordsmen. His predecessor, Ryuma, was called the king, and spoke of a 'warrior soul' that captures the very essence of Zoro's character.

Furthermore when addressing Zoro, Mihawk states that he will await him at the top, using language that portrays himself as a king on his throne:

この世界最強の座にて貴様を待つ
この世界最強の座に - at the top
座 - seat

Mihawk is the current king of swordsmen. Zoro will defeat him and claim Ryuma's title for himself. That's Zoro's character, that of an ordinary man making himself a king. Cry harder if you don't like it, this is the manga you've been reading for 1000 chapters.

Imagine claiming spitting the sky isn't the highest CoC clash feat when Oda hyped it over and over

Then go on to talk more about Mihawk then say Zoro having adcoc just when he unlocks coc isn't asspull

For you guys Zoro who doesn't know he has CoC, can unlock adcoc easily isn't Asspull
But Luffy and Yamato having adcoc for you guys is a problem

Lol :suresure:
Imagine writing many things to justify Zoro asspulling adcoc easily even tho he can even use CoC consciously. In one chapter he went from basic coc to adcoc in the same chapter when he still doesn't know he used CoC.

Imagine claiming spitting the sky isn't the highest CoC clash feat when Oda hyped it over and over

Then go on to talk more about Mihawk then say Zoro having adcoc just when he unlocks coc isn't asspull

For you guys Zoro who doesn't know he has CoC, can unlock adcoc easily isn't Asspull
But Luffy and Yamato having adcoc for you guys is a problem

Lol :suresure:
Imagine writing many things to justify Zoro asspulling adcoc easily even tho he can even use CoC consciously. In one chapter he went from basic coc to adcoc in the same chapter when he still doesn't know he used CoC.
cope