Has Queen been defeated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are exaggerating the intent of my comments. If it continued next chapter, I'd just expect more back and forth, that's it. More Ifrit Janbe moves. A few final moves from Queen that actually feel like his strongest attacks were used.

Did you even see a final major attack from Queen? I didn't. Please don't act like it was the winch move lol
It feels like his "final major attack" was the ability to use all Germa powers. I'm not sure Oda knows what else to do with him.

Meh, I think it was obvious that Jimbe won. People were just in denial.

And what would the purpose of that be? Why stretch the fight even further? Narratively, what purpose does that serve?

Normally, if Queen didn't fall here, we'd expect him to fall in the next chapter named after Sanji's power up, but that can't happen anymore.

I don't see the point to keeping Queen around.
This would be like asking why Oda gave us multiple chapters of fight scenes for Queen and King the past 10 chapters.

Because more fighting means more intensity of the fight. That's it. I'm not saying it's happening. Just that Queen's durability is fucking stupid and classic Oda left it on a cliffhanger.

Compare this to 1026 with Jack and Peros. He ended it right there. If it happens next chapter I could care less.

Why do I read this fight was a mid diff for Sanji ? Like how was it a mid diff ? :milaugh:
That's usually how it goes.

I mean look back at all of Sanji's fights.

He always fights the 3rd strongest ( second if we don't count the captain) usually mid diffs them and walks away somewhat clean.

Zoro and Luffy are the ones that mainly struggle.

So while people argue zoro can be closer to Luffy, you can make an argument that Sanji is closer to Zoro. Which is why you see Zoro go back and forth where he looks good alongside Luffy and Sanji.

This fight definitely isn't over. Even if Queen is shown "defeated" next chapter, he's getting back up at some point. There is no way this fight ends with an attack that looks less potent than Hell's Memories.
Here we go again

Who told you it's less potent ?
A combo series of attack > 1 move
HM wasn't even imbued with CoA and super speed

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Just that Queen's durability is fucking stupid and classic Oda left it on a cliffhanger.
It's not a cliffhanger. This is exactly like the end of Jimbe vs Who's Who.

It feels like you're just dissatisfied with the battle, but it was concluded similarly to Sanji vs Jabra.

But he can't do whatever he wants. It takes a lot of time/effort to draw an action packed chapter with double spreads like this. He has a schedule he has to follow, especially with the movie coming out. Red will reveal a lot of lore that has to take place post-Wano.

I'll tell you the same thing that applied to Morj and his "raid failling": There is no time.
What does this got to do with movie red ?

He is not incharge of script. The movie is non canon so he wont care if studio writes non canon storylines .

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I also hope this isn't the end of the evil Sanji storyline. Oda has the opportunity to do something great here, i'd be dissapointing if the conclusion to that was just that Queen hit the Geisha, Sanji isn't really fighting with his find, and he got the germa power up with no consequences.
I think there'll be a moment between him and the Courtesan, where he tries to fight whatever influence may be afflicting him. We know he did black out at one point, so some process is occurring. Knowing Oda, it won't lead to anything tragic, but rather Sanji's will overcoming whatever hardwiring that comes with his mutation.

Status
Not open for further replies.