My Hero Academia - Chapter 336 : Villain

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Snce Aoyama was blackmailed and there weren't any deaths caused by him I imagine he'll be forgiven pretty quickly. But there has to be more fallout from this, you can't drag this plotline for almost the entire series and wrap it up on a whim...
Is it wrong that I think MHA was only good for Overhaul arc and the rest has been a very uninteresting unevenly paced/stakes meandering mess?

I got introduced via OH arc on toonami, went back and read&watched... and i dont care about their harry potter moments. We wasted something like 5-8 chapters on class a vs b but then actual good stuff gets rushed (and 3 chapters on crying to let deku come back to school). Oh, USJ moment is hype A.F, especially eng dub&music- all might vs nomu.

I've only kept reading in hopes we get anything like overhaul arc again, and nope! MVA was good. Soooo out of 330 chapters, i enjoyed maybe 45 of them. His writing is cringe inducing often times, too. It is sunken cost fallacy for me at the moment. He has taken every "please dont go this route" that i had in my head. Aoyama being traitor and regretting quirk , AFO wanting to possess Shiggy, Deku wanting to "save" shiggy (I'm sorry, i know its fiction, but talk no jutsu wouldn't work on nihilistic sociopathic serial killers.), Deku having several quirks, and most likely we will get the reveal that like Aoyama- AFO gave shiggy his quirk and probably even killed any hero who tried to head that way.

Is it wrong that I think MHA was only good for Overhaul arc and the rest has been a very uninteresting unevenly paced/stakes meandering mess?
TBH, I didn't really think much of the Overhaul arc. I much preferred the big war arc, even though I think that also had a lot of problems.

And I think the first hundred chapters of MHA were definitely its most solid overall.

MHA has a lot of "Okay, this is pretty cool stuff", but nothing I'd consider great overall.

Yup, Denki should’ve been the traitor instead. Give Bakugo an EOS villain and make characters like Jiro relevant for the final arc
TBF, Hori already sort of seems to have given something to Jiro in the latest arc, considering chapter 327. I can almost guarentee that her speech in 327 will have some relevance later on.

if AFO give aoyama quirk then will he explode like Lady Nagant? or AFO will know about aoyama betrayal?:noo:
pretty sure that,s not the only quirk AFO give to aoyama

I had a hunch it was him long back. This feels like the manga is moving towards final arcs .

I expect there will be fall out of aoyoma being traitor. All for one wanted to create division within heroes group .

TBH, I didn't really think much of the Overhaul arc. I much preferred the big war arc, even though I think that also had a lot of problems.

And I think the first hundred chapters of MHA were definitely its most solid overall.

MHA has a lot of "Okay, this is pretty cool stuff", but nothing I'd consider great overall.
Well said. I think that my thorough enjoyment of Overhaul arc was greatly enhanced by animation (that Deku punch at end where Chisaki looks up & Deku looks Insane 🤯) & Chisaki's Eng V.A.

MHA is one of the rare shows for me where Anime Adaptation>Manga, with some exceptions. MVA was butchered in anime, but overall I find it fits better as a show than manga, and I have a very hard time reading Horikoshi's fight paneling/choreography.

Horikoshi is talented & I believe his potential is greater than what we've seen. I have no doubts that while all mangaka hit speedbumps bc of weekly format, Horikoshi could most likely had made MHA much better without the weekly schedule. Whenever Hori spins his wheels and regurgitates stuff for a couple chapters it always smacked of him buying time/writers block. If he made a monthly series post MHA, I'd be eager to read it.

I will say that Stars N Stripes fight & death was one of the most badass &metal occurences (Twice, too, the man can make an impactful death) in recent memory of any shonen jump manga not titled "Chainsaw Man".

horikoshi is going for the double plot twist

hagakure is also a traitor, she ratted out aoyama to make herself seem less suspicious
Too good to be true...case Ayoama is lame lame lame villain, that already crying. But if Toru play everything like that, then she is mastermind, and not just a single bitch.
Still I really doubt that it is the case...
Post automatically merged:

I've only kept reading in hopes we get anything like overhaul arc again, and nope! MVA was good. Soooo out of 330 chapters, i enjoyed maybe 45 of them. His writing is cringe inducing often times, too. It is sunken cost fallacy for me at the moment. He has taken every "please dont go this route" that i had in my head. Aoyama being traitor and regretting quirk , AFO wanting to possess Shiggy, Deku wanting to "save" shiggy (I'm sorry, i know its fiction, but talk no jutsu wouldn't work on nihilistic sociopathic serial killers.), Deku having several quirks, and most likely we will get the reveal that like Aoyama- AFO gave shiggy his quirk and probably even killed any hero who tried to head that way.
MHA - MID Hero Acamedia dievolve into LMA - Lame Meme Academia