News Jump Festa 2022

I love the passive-aggressive stance you show on full display here (all while you pretend to be calm and collected).

So childish and cringeworthy.

You really think starting sentences with "Larry,..." or coming up with "I know English isn't the first language for many" makes you look dominant or in charge here?

You just look even more like a clown (not that this wasn't your image here in the first place).

I don't need to resort to such pathetic weasel methods. I say it straight to your face what you are.

You are a clown with a mediocre intellect, yet a massive dunning-kruger syndrom.

That's all I have to say to you. Cheers.
I'm not passive aggressive. I also think you sound like a fucking idiot, but this is because of the topic. If we're not discussing One Piece then it's strange, because we don't know each other at all outside of this forum. The simple point is that you can't justify why you were certain that Oda would go one way and how he was a weak writer because of it, and now that he's gone the other way he's still a weak writer regarding this actual development in the plot.

You have gone away from even trying now and try to get personal. All of this just comes off as a way to skate around saying that you were wrong. By all means criticize something like the inconsistencies in Haki or the ridiculousness of plot quirks like the no killing thing, but there just hasn't been anything for you from where you stand.

Good Lord, if you really think OP is a storywriting masterpiece you simply enjoyed some very lackluster education.

Unfortunately you're unable to understand even simple explanations.

Yes, OP is predictable as fuck. The problem was that me and quite a few others knew that two years ago, too, but were too naive (still had hope) and proud (big homers) to actually admit the arc will most likely play out as really every single OP arc before it.

That's everything there is to it. We knew how it would end, but claimed otherwise because of homerism and hope.

Gladly most of us here let that teenager phase behind us and can now objectively judge Oda's writing.
Dude one piece is 24 years old. What are you talking about? If you are new then thats ok, but if you are fan for like 10 years or more then you dont make any sense. The sample is just too vast (24 years and over 1000 chapters). You should know by now what this manga is about. How can you be surprised by anything? Hope? Hope about what? Is oda going to change his storytelling after such a long time? Obviously not!

You remind me of some star wars fans that still expect a great movie even though it was never good to begin with. Just some cool idea(lightsabers) back to the 70nties and only 2 or 3 decent movies and thats it.

You remind me of some star wars fans that still expect a great movie even though it was never good to begin with. Just some cool idea(lightsabers) back to the 70nties and only 2 or 3 decent movies and thats it.
You just described post-skip OP to a tee.

I'm not passive aggressive. I also think you sound like a fucking idiot, but this is because of the topic. If we're not discussing One Piece then it's strange, because we don't know each other at all outside of this forum. The simple point is that you can't justify why you were certain that Oda would go one way and how he was a weak writer because of it, and now that he's gone the other way he's still a weak writer regarding this actual development in the plot.

You have gone away from even trying now and try to get personal. All of this just comes off as a way to skate around saying that you were wrong. By all means criticize something like the inconsistencies in Haki or the ridiculousness of plot quirks like the no killing thing, but there just hasn't been anything for you from where you stand.
What other way has he gone?

He went down the exact same way he always does. He is a fecking one-trick pony.

I even explained THREE TIMES already how to correctly interpret my comments.

Yes, I wrote that the raid will fail 2+ years ago.

Yes, I was a hopeless optimist/OP stan back then and quite obivously those posts turned out to be wrong.

However, my current post clearly works under the assumption that rational OP fans (like the current version of me) were looking at the Wano arc back then.

Every rational fan, who trusts his brain instead of his heart, already knew what would happen.

Was that easy enough now?

I'm not even starting to talk about inconsistencies or his hesitance to write consequences for characters. In this post I solely criticize him for only being able to write the exact same scenario for each and every major arc.

As you love to bring up old quotes, here is what I wrote several months ago in the waiting room thread (look it up):

"You have to master that phase of denial.

It is the Wano endgame (and no, I don't like it either).

I really like Morj, but I think he and a lot of guys here vastly overestimate Oda (to be more precise: the complexity of OP).

It's a standard shonen manga, nothing more.

Oda is applying the same old arc structure he has used for 20+ years here:

1. Arrive at the new island.
2. Split up, have some short adventures, meet the locals and learn about the problems on the island.
3. Face the enemies for the first time and suffer some kind of "defeat".
4. Flashback about some local hero.
5. Rebound and regroup, preparing to go for the final battle.
6. Some big overlaying threat that threatens to kill the entire island is introduced (nuke in Alabasta, Advent of Thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in EL, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in DR, Onigashima dropping down in Wano etc.)
7. Final fights are being set up.
8. SH crew beats their opponents.
9. Luffy beats the main villain in a long fight, island-wide threat is banned in the last second.
10. Everyone regenerates, then they celebrate and leave the island.

It has been the exact same thing here in Wano.

This isn't some great or complex work of literature.

It's a fucking shonen manga and Oda isn't Shakespeare or GRRM. He is using his usual arc blueprint once again - the raid is going through.

If you like that rather "simplistic" writing style or not is written on a different piece of paper ... "

Last edited:
You are definitively the #1 user here imho.

I mean worstgen has some critical minds towards One-Piss and yet you are the most critical.👍
Don't mistake it for just brainless OP bashing though.

I still very much like the world and overall work Oda has created.

Tons of credit to him for that.

I just think that in the boundaries of that amazing world his actual storytelling leaves a lot to be desired, especially post-skip.

Every single major arc the same blueprint how it goes down, the same insanely dragged out second half of the arc (see Dressrosa, WCI, Wano) never any consequences for the heroes, same old jokes again and again, power system has turned into a mess etc.

You just described post-skip OP to a tee.

Yes, I was a hopeless optimist/OP stan back then and quite obivously those posts turned out to be wrong.

However, my current post clearly works under the assumption that rational OP fans (like the current version of me) were looking at the Wano arc back then.

Every rational fan, who trusts his brain instead of his heart, already knew what would happen.

I'm not even starting to talk about inconsistencies or his hesitance to write consequences for characters. In this post I solely criticize him for only being able to write the exact same scenario for each and every major arc.

As you love to bring up old quotes, here is what I wrote several months ago in the waiting room thread (look it up):

"You have to master that phase of denial.

It is the Wano endgame (and no, I don't like it either).

I really like Morj, but I think he and a lot of guys here vastly overestimate Oda (to be more precise: the complexity of OP).

It's a standard shonen manga, nothing more.

Oda is applying the same old arc structure he has used for 20+ years here:

1. Arrive at the new island.
2. Split up, have some short adventures, meet the locals and learn about the problems on the island.
3. Face the enemies for the first time and suffer some kind of "defeat".
4. Flashback about some local hero.
5. Rebound and regroup, preparing to go for the final battle.
6. Some big overlaying threat that threatens to kill the entire island is introduced (nuke in Alabasta, Advent of Thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in EL, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in DR, Onigashima dropping down in Wano etc.)
7. Final fights are being set up.
8. SH crew beats their opponents.
9. Luffy beats the main villain in a long fight, island-wide threat is banned in the last second.
10. Everyone regenerates, then they celebrate and leave the island.

It has been the exact same thing here in Wano.

This isn't some great or complex work of literature.

It's a fucking shonen manga and Oda isn't Shakespeare or GRRM. He is using his usual arc blueprint once again - the raid is going through.

If you like that rather "simplistic" writing style or not is written on a different piece of paper ... "
That has nothing to do with the fact that you are unable to predict many things at the same time, lol, or that there are completely different arcs available as well. The endgame calamity didn't even appear in the first 20 volumes (20 years ago). Baratie, Foxy, Thriller Bark, Sabaody to Marineford, Zou, WCI... your archetype struggles to define them

"He's predictable except when he's not" is a poor statement. For one thing you deny the possibility of Zoro killing Kaido, and you will keep all of your Wano predictions crudely vague and pat yourself on the back for being relatively close to the mark

Oh and I actually remember that bullshit post now. Your "rinse and repeat" includes Oda having his characters arrive at the island. Fucking of course they do, how is that repetition and not actually just the premise of the story? They've flown to islands, sank to islands, got blown to islands, teleported to islands, etc.

Last edited:

the Raid will actually fail tho

I think it's still fairly obvious that's what gonna happen

the Raid will actually fail tho

I think it's still fairly obvious that's what gonna happen
And how should that happen?

You realize that if the raid fails now, all the lesser antagonists that Oda spent the past year on (King, Queen, flying 6 etc.) will be back, too?

You would basically have to defeat them AGAIN.

Not happening.

And how should that happen?

You realize that if the raid fails now, all the lesser antagonists that Oda spent the past year on (King, Queen, flying 6 etc.) will be back, too?

You would basically have to defeat them AGAIN.

Not happening.
the fights weren't just about defeating them, all fights were either used to reveal important plot elements or lay the ground work on how the SHs will develop their powers going forward so that he won't waste time on showing or explaining how the SHs will get much stronger in the redemption phase

You can analyse all the fights , none of them would be considered a waste in the context of the raid failing, Oda made sure of that, there's also an added factor in building a Rivaly between beast pirate and SHs

The Raid failling was always going to be a handled as a big twist, that's Oda style, but that can't happen if SHs lost before Luffy, and Oda can't start with Luffy fight since that will make it obvious too, nonetheless the hints are there if you look for them

the fights weren't just about defeating them, all fights were either used to reveal important plot elements or lay the ground work on how the SHs will develop their powers going forward so that he won't waste time on showing or explaining how the SHs will get much stronger in the redemption phase

You can analyse all the fights , none of them would be considered a waste in the context of the raid failing, Oda made sure of that, there's also an added factor in building a Rivaly between beast pirate and SHs

The Raid failling was always going to be a handled as a big twist, that's Oda style, but that can't happen if SHs lost before Luffy, and Oda can't start with Luffy fight since that will make it obvious too, nonetheless the hints are there if you look for them
Just ask me 1 question do you really want to see Sanji and Zoro defeating King and Queen again.

Its so obvious that Raid is not failing at this point Strawhats already surpassed Beast Pirates. Only BM and Kaido is left.

Just ask me 1 question do you really want to see Sanji and Zoro defeating King and Queen again.

Its so obvious that Raid is not failing at this point Strawhats already surpassed Beast Pirates. Only BM and Kaido is left.
I know what am saying , obviously they won't fight the same King and Queen they fought already , their next fight will be when their calamities mean something , Queen will resemble a plague and King the Wildfire

Queen spent the entire Raid just fooling around and making dumb games, he's obviously not that invested

and with King Oda gave the biggest hint , King promised Kaido he will make him King as long as he continue to be the strongest

but King saw Kaido against Oden, and currently against Luffy he's not doing well, Kaido currently just want to die , there's a contrast between the Kaido King first met and Kaido now

again the hints are there , but Kaido need to be the one who start the comeback like anyone sensible would think

I know what am saying , obviously they won't fight the same King and Queen they fought already , their next fight will be when their calamities mean something , Queen will resemble a plague and King the Wildfire

Queen spent the entire Raid just fooling around and making dumb games, he's obviously not that invested

and with King Oda gave the biggest hint , King promised Kaido he will make him King as long as he continue to be the strongest

but King saw Kaido against Oden, and currently against Luffy he's not doing well, Kaido currently just want to die , there's a contrast between the Kaido King first met and Kaido now

again the hints are there , but Kaido need to be the one who start the comeback like anyone sensible would think
I thought you were trolling but it's funnier if you aren't.

Being sure of a failure was always very silly, when you consider that Oda explicitly mentioned he has Luffy fail and that already happened in Kuri. If the fact that his early adversity against Apoo and Ulti clearly warranted redemption was too subtle, all you had to do was consider the fact that Oda was bringing the crew back together after two years. Does that sound familiar? Like something he'd do to create a failure scenario? After drilling our heads with Zoro's speech in PH and all that.

80 chapter in the raid longer than Alabasta Skypiea WCI just for it to fail :denzimote:

Dude what you are saying makes no sense we got our fights with character development Zoro and Sanji are stronger than them. Raid failing stupid theory based on there is no tension in this arc.