Break Week What do you guys think Oda was thinking when he was handling Usopp's character in Wano?

Oda: "Let's have Usopp lie to a little girl about magical healing toad oil, then kill off her guardian, so she can try to save him only to realize Usopp lied"

Editor: "Is this a tontatta situation? Is he going to learn anything from this and redeem himself in the future?"

Oda: "No but he will feel really bad"

Editor: "Uh ok you're the goat I trust your judgement"

Oda: "Let's give Nami a Luffy will be pirate king moment"

Editor: "Sounds nice, how do we set it up"

Oda: "Show a close up of Usopp getting his head cracked, Nami will be bruised up to imply she also got her head cracked, then Ulti and Page One will force Nami to lie about Luffy not being pk or kill her"

Editor: "We should make it more climatic don't you think"

Oda: "Hmm yeah I suppose, let's have Usopp tell her to lie, so when she refuses, her bravery means more"

Editor: "I didn't mean use Usopp to make it climatic, he's not doing so good in the popularity polls, people could misinterpret his actions here"

Oda: "I'll focus on him later, just trust me"

Oda: "Ok let's have Usopp spam pop greens then make funny faces when Page One gets up immediately"

Editor: "...."

Oda: "This fight is taking forever, why not just have Big Mom finish off the fight"

Oda: "Before this fight is done though I want Nami to earn Zeus and showcase more of her bravery"

Editor: "Alright I got an idea, what if she activates mother mode and knocks out Ulti and Page One for hurting Tama"

Oda: "Nami has a soft spot for children, so to add to your idea, let's make Usopp ask her to run away only for her to stand her ground and refuse to run away"

Editor: "Don't you think we are using Usopp too much to be her hype men? He's been sidelined for 6 years he needs some moments of bravery himself"

Oda: : "The audience should understand that Usopp is brave because he feels fear more than anyone else besides he has Elbaf, this is Nami's time to shine"

Editor: "Alright, let's just finish this fight"

Oda: "Alright let's foreshadow that Usopp will be Loki with a silhouette so his fans know i have plans for him in the future, let's also have him lie about defeating two tobiroppo"

Oda:" Let's also split Usopp up from Nami, so he can get his own moment, I told you I would give him a moment soon"

Oda: "Let's make Usopp struggle against fodder then get saved by Izo, but let's make Izo agree with his speech and notice him as God Usopp"

Editor: " Is this the moment you talked about earlier"

Oda: "Yeah pretty great right?"

Editor: "Why make Usopp struggle against fodder? Also Usopp got recognized from Izo for doing nothing this arc, we are in endgame, wouldn't it look bad if Izo is a more talented sniper than Usopp this far in the story"

Oda: "No, Usopp doesn't need to be strong or a talented sniper, he just needs to win by guts"

Editor: "Then why make him say he wants to sniper king during the training arc?"

Oda:"He lies lol, the audience wouldn't like a strong Usopp anyway"

Editor:"The audience don't like him now, hes ranked 25th place in Japan even though he's been in the show for 20+ years"

That Usopp is a veteran member of a top tier crew. He can stick to a plan and a mission, and hang on at a pirate battle of the highest level. God Usopp is fighting a Yonko crew having traded blows with an upper mid level fighter and helped convert a huge chunk of their staggering numbers. And likely still has the best of his abilities up his sleeve.

Usopp is one of a few characters that make sense in wano. He couldnt defeat ulti or page one and thats completely logical. The only think that annoyed me is how he tanked all these headbutts by her. Seriously for me oda did great with usopp unlike zoro, luffy or kid who were victims of bad writing.

Usopp is one of a few characters that make sense in wano. He couldnt defeat ulti or page one and thats completely logical. The only think that annoyed me is how he tanked all these headbutts by her. Seriously for me oda did great with usopp unlike zoro, luffy or kid who were victims of bad writing.
Oda treats Usopp like a punching bag, so him tanking those headbutts was logical, he can't keep getting beat up and never take any benefit from it endurance wise

Oda treats Usopp like a punching bag, so him tanking those headbutts was logical, he can't keep getting beat up and never take any benefit from it endurance wise
Back in PH, the excuse for Sanji getting beaten up by Vergo was how he was previously injured from Caesar. Meanwhile Usopp took the same hits and kept going.

Then Usopp recovers from a beatdown in DR while Sanji is sent away.

Now Usopp has brushed off a TR beatdown, which Sanji already showed was nothing to sneeze at.
If you genuinely liked usopp in this "war" then I know the bar for him is nonexistent in your eyes.
Or maybe you just did a shit job of setting a bar in the first place. Like the people who complain about Usopp and suggest that he should have saved Luffy from the sea after 1013. LMAO, pay attention.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Oda: "Let's have Usopp lie to a little girl about magical healing toad oil, then kill off her guardian, so she can try to save him only to realize Usopp lied"

Editor: "Is this a tontatta situation? Is he going to learn anything from this and redeem himself in the future?"

Oda: "Show a close up of Usopp getting his head cracked, Nami will be bruised up to imply she also got her head cracked, then Ulti and Page One will force Nami to lie about Luffy not being pk or kill her"

Oda: "Hmm yeah I suppose, let's have Usopp tell her to lie, so when she refuses, her bravery means more"

Editor: "I didn't mean use Usopp to make it climatic, he's not doing so good in the popularity polls, people could misinterpret his actions here"

Oda: "Ok let's have Usopp spam pop greens then make funny faces when Page One gets up immediately"

Oda: "This fight is taking forever, why not just have Big Mom finish off the fight"

Oda: "Before this fight is done though I want Nami to earn Zeus and showcase more of her bravery"

Editor: "Alright I got an idea, what if she activates mother mode and knocks out Ulti and Page One for hurting Tama"

Oda: "Nami has a soft spot for children, so to add to your idea, let's make Usopp ask her to run away only for her to stand her ground and refuse to run away"

Editor: "Don't you think we are using Usopp too much to be her hype men? He's been sidelined for 6 years he needs some moments of bravery himself"

Oda: : "The audience should understand that Usopp is brave because he feels fear more than anyone else besides he has Elbaf, this is Nami's time to shine"

Oda: "Alright let's foreshadow that Usopp will be Loki with a silhouette so his fans know i have plans for him in the future, let's also have him lie about defeating two tobiroppo"

Oda:" Let's also split Usopp up from Nami, so he can get his own moment, I told you I would give him a moment soon"

Oda: "Let's make Usopp struggle against fodder then get saved by Izo, but let's make Izo agree with his speech and notice him as God Usopp"

Editor: "Why make Usopp struggle against fodder? Also Usopp got recognized from Izo for doing nothing this arc, we are in endgame, wouldn't it look bad if Izo is a more talented sniper than Usopp this far in the story"

Oda: "No, Usopp doesn't need to be strong or a talented sniper, he just needs to win by guts"

Editor: "Then why make him say he wants to sniper king during the training arc?"

Editor:"The audience don't like him now, hes ranked 25th place in Japan even though he's been in the show for 20+ years"
I logged in just to like this post.

I more or less agree with this. Oda shat on Usopp because of Elbaf.

he was probably watching racist cartoons from the 1940s figuring how to give usopp a new look
I mean he did give Usopp the racist black lips.
Post automatically merged:

Back in PH, the excuse for Sanji getting beaten up by Vergo was how he was previously injured from Caesar. Meanwhile Usopp took the same hits and kept going.

Then Usopp recovers from a beatdown in DR while Sanji is sent away.

Now Usopp has brushed off a TR beatdown, which Sanji already showed was nothing to sneeze at.

Or maybe you just did a shit job of setting a bar in the first place. Like the people who complain about Usopp and suggest that he should have saved Luffy from the sea after 1013. LMAO, pay attention.
I had no expectations going into this 3rd act because Wano has been underwhelming.

Imagine thinking Oda would follow through on something he set up himself and pulls back only to have one of the main characters running around doing nothing while struggling with fodder.

Also you got a little bit of Odas cum on the side of your lip. You should wipe that since you can't stand people having a difference of opinion.

I'm not saying you can't like what Usopp has done, I'm just saying that if you did then the bar for him is nonexistent in your eyes because you care more about other characters and how they ate portrayed over the disaster that was the nami and usopp fight.

Bold of you to think that Oda was thinking when writing Usopp's character in Wano. :kata:

Usopp got done the worst out of all the Strawhats this arc tbh

No powerup, didn't even mention his CoO, ran away for like 15 chapters before getting offscreened along with Nami (who at least got a character moment), and was about to be killed by fodder

The only significant thing he's done in the entire arc that I can remember is turning the gifters into allies using Tama's dango and trying to protect Kinemon and Kiku before being saved by Izo

I'm hoping he unlocks CoC in Elbaf and gets a ton of character moments because that's the only way Oda can redeem himself after his piss poor treatment of Usopp in Wano. Even Chopper got more than him