General & Others Could the editors be forcing Oda's hands to make Luffy an overpowered protagonist?

A bit of light spoilers for the my hero academia manga

In the manga, Deku and bakugo were rivals and were near equals in strength. Then at one point, Deku awakened multiple Quirks, became one of the strongest superheroes, and bakugo, his former rival, basically became a glorified sidekick.
What happened in my hero academia imo speaks on the appeal of overpowered protagonists. As we know, editors tailor their series in order to keep them selling. If a trope is popular and it sells, an editor might force the author's hand to implement it in the story.

I just wonder if that could perhaps be what is happening to Luffy. We have seen over the past 2 arcs how Luffy has gained advanced versions of all 3 forms of haki, and how subsequently, the gap between him and the other characters in the story has widened. Oda does, of course, give other characters power ups. However even when this happens, those power ups ultimately fall short of what Luffy has received.

But what I see as the ultimate nail in the coffin, Luffy's own version of Deku's multiple quirks, is his DF. For 90% of the story, we were led to believe that Luffy has a weak DF that he makes strong by his own ingenuity and strength. And yet in wano, we received hints that it could be something more. From Who's Who, we learned that the WG used to be in possession of Luffy's DF until shanks stole it from them. And now we hear of the existence of this legendary DF that is so dangerous that the WG changed its name. God knows what this DF is but given the hints from Who's Who earlier in the series, there's a big probability that it could be the gomu gomu no mi.

I know at least from Zoro fans there will be a lot of cope being passed around and I get it, because frankly this is a shitty decision on Oda's part if its true. But I think if we are being objective, we should prepare for the very real possibility that soon, Luffy might be so strong that the only people who can even compare to him are the main villains of the upcoming arcs. Zoro, Shanks, Dragon, and a whole host of other strong characters will very likely be irrelevantized by Luffy's strength.

The same protagonist across 100 volumes is unheard of, and even now he's only received literally the same power up as Zoro lol. Cope.
Zoro got worse versions of Luffy’s power ups, which basically proves my point
Post automatically merged:

Anyways I’m not going to be the one coping. I’ve said Luffy is comparable to Zoro for a while now. I’m just not sure if that’ll always be Oda’s plan.

There is really no cope Zoro has been progressing at an incredible rate he will continue to grow after this arc getting the some PU as Luffy is a proof Oda will always have them close. Perhaps also a hint there is more to come from Zoro the more shine Oda gives Luffy the likelihood of Zoro sending Kaido head flying increase imo. Reminder Zoro with his CoA alone almost killed Kaido earlier in the arc it's Luffy moment we can let him have his shine he is the captain after all

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
How is a worse version possible? Zoo didn't even have that Haki and was able to cut Kaido, now he's considerably stronger. Even if he doesn't kill Kaido, you wouldn't be able to hear the end of this until Oda actually compares them.

No other manga will even leave the question on the table
He has a worse version because he can barely use it for more than 5 minutes lol

Not at all Kaido was never going to be unscathed especially in his dragon form if Hiryu kaen landed on him, there is a reason Oda had Zoro miss. This with just his CoA alone now he unlocked CoC on top of this

Post automatically merged:

Nowhere does it say that Luffy lost because he was still getting used to his aCoC

People really think Zoro and Luffy were equals at some point in this story lmao
I mean you really shouldn't be saying that as a Sanji fan considering Oda went out of his way in Whiskey Peak to have them stalemate each other and have them both say they wanted to find out who was stronger. If you ignore that kind of portrayal then you're basically admitting that any Zoro/Sanji parallelism means basically nothing for the Zoro = Sanji arguments

And I don't even believe that Luffy and Zoro are equals, but saying that's never been presented at some point in the story is just dishonest

How the hell would hiryu kaen have killed kaido when his strongest attack couldn’t
I don't think Hiryu Kaen would've killed Kaido, but it doesn't really make sense to think that Ashura was actually a full strength attack considering Zoro was essentially dying by that point. It's interesting that the only times Oda has ever used Zoro as a hype tool for Luffy (vs. Arlong, vs. Kaido), he made sure that Zoro was in terrible condition.

Besides, I don't really know why Oda would let all of the other 4 supernovas on the roof get their attacks in on Kaido, but when Zoro goes in with Hiryu Kaen, he makes it miss. The only logical explanation for that is that Hiryu Kaen would have done more damage to Kaido in that moment than what Oda was okay with, but exactly how much damage remains a mystery