Rengoku vs Giyu

Who wins?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Pretty hard to judge but something telling me that Giyu going to lose against Rengoku.
As @Zoro D Goat post above, Rengoku actually did it pretty well alone against Akaza and we see how all three uppermoons destroy Hashiras right and left,it took 3-4characters at once+luck to beat one of them. The way and how long fought Akaza one vs one and then the way how other Hashiras couldn't even hold for mera minutes against one uppermoon shows that Rengoku was one of the strongest Hashira(not the strongest thought).

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Pretty hard to judge but something telling me that Giyu going to lose against Rengoku.
As @Zoro D Goat post above, Rengoku actually did it pretty well alone against Akaza and we see how all three uppermoons destroy Hashiras right and left,it took 3-4characters at once+luck to beat one of them. The way and how long fought Akaza one vs one and then the way how other Hashiras couldn't even hold for mera minutes against one uppermoon shows that Rengoku was one of the strongest Hashira(not the strongest thought).
The thing is Akaza wasn't that serious against Rengoku at first and when he was he killed him pretty easily. The same move that killed Rengoku was easily handled by Giyu, which shows that base Giyu has much better defense. Rengoku might have an edge when it comes to offense but he'd be hard pressed to make it count most of the time.

They are evenly matched when it comes to pure strength, indicated by the arm wrestling tourney(disregard the Uzui and Shinobu markings lol, they are irrelevant for this one, I cbb to look up the page again)

But Rengoku has a small edge when it comes to running speed

As for the battle with Akaza, Giyu was at a disadvantage since Akaza seems to be very familiar with water pillars, so he could anticipate Giyu's moves that way.

Either way, this is a difficult matchup to argue. Both sides could get the W imo.

The thing is Akaza wasn't that serious against Rengoku at first and when he was he killed him pretty easily. The same move that killed Rengoku was easily handled by Giyu, which shows that base Giyu has much better defense. Rengoku might have an edge when it comes to offense but he'd be hard pressed to make it count most of the time.

They are evenly matched when it comes to pure strength, indicated by the arm wrestling tourney(disregard the Uzui and Shinobu markings lol, they are irrelevant for this one, I cbb to look up the page again)

As for the battle with Akaza, Giyu was at a disadvantage since Akaza seems to be very familiar with water pillars, so he could anticipate Giyu's moves that way.

Either way, this is a difficult matchup to argue. Both sides could get the W imo.
Yeah the arguments are good, kinda feel the same and couldn't decide first which I give my vote, overall I had them equal too.

But hell Uzui seems pretty strong, in both speed and power he has great ranks.
Would like to see your Hashira ranking,Light.^^

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Would like to see your Hashira ranking,Light.^^
Himejima>Sanemi>Iguro/Muichiro/Giyu>Mitsuri>Rengoku>Uzui>Shinobu. Tho Rengoku might have a chance against Mitsuri, I wasn't really impressed with her that much tbh.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
But hell Uzui seems pretty strong, in both speed and power he has great ranks.
Aight. Tho shame he didn't have a mark too. Uzui Rengoku and Shinobu go to the bottom of the list simply because of that.

Non mark hashira list would be more interesting imo.

I'd have it something like

Himejima>Sanemi>Rengoku/Giyu/Iguro>Uzui/Muichiro>Mitsuri>Shinobu.

Rengoku without mark almost kills Akaza. While Giyu with mark couldn't even kill Akaza's boredom.
He almost โ€œkillsโ€ casual Akaza who was attempting to recruit him till the end.

Point standa though, Rengoku>>>> Gyu.
Post automatically merged:

Rengoku matched Akaza in base, you could argue slightly weaker, it honestly doesn't matter.

Giyuu with 6 more months of experience (I believe that's the timeskip between Rengoku death and the final battle) Post Hashira Training + Slayer Mark + STW + Occasional help from Tanjiro was only able to overwhelm Akaza for basically a few panels, and then Akaza immediately climbed up to Giyuu's level and matched him evenly.
Also the whole leg attack bullshit being stronger than Akaza's punches make no sense, All of Akaza's strongest moves are his punches, and the Soryu style which he uses focuses on punching attacks, I would argue his leg kicks are actually much weaker than his more fist focused attacks. irl physics don't have to make sense in demon slayer.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Rengoku matched Akaza in base, you could argue slightly weaker, it honestly doesn't matter.
Akaza was holding back, like you said, and was holding back a lot.

Giyuu with 6 more months of experience (I believe that's the timeskip between Rengoku death and the final battle) Post Hashira Training + Slayer Mark + STW + Occasional help from Tanjiro was only able to overwhelm Akaza for basically a few panels, and then Akaza immediately climbed up to Giyuu's level and matched him evenly.
They performed similarly against Akaza. Of course Giyu without the mark. Akaza was more serious then.

Also the whole leg attack bullshit being stronger than Akaza's punches make no sense, All of Akaza's strongest moves are his punches, and the Soryu style which he uses focuses on punching attacks, I would argue his leg kicks are actually much weaker than his more fist focused attacks. irl physics don't have to make sense in demon slayer.
?

Rengoku high diff

Put a much better performance in a one on one

Giyu was getting trashed where goat rengoku was very impressive
truth

Rengoku is the second weakest hashira. Giyu is the 4th strongest hashira. Giyu wins.
how can u say like that when it comes to rengoku vs giyu strength ,rengoku without mark is only 50% and akaza with 50% potential and giyu with mark 100% and so that akaza showed his full potential 100%. Giyu got the help of tanjirou that who uses hinokami kagura greater than every breathe form . One more imporatant thing is rengoku was not having any of the tsugoku and he was the tsugoku for mitsuri . Rengoku was known with only 6 forms and the 9th form rengoku was created by him learning with three volumes of guide but giyu has tsugoku and always missioning with shinobu. Finally when it comes giyuu vs rengoku i would say Rengoku > Giyuu

Last edited: