Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking a theory...
Luffy always call his nakama by his true name. If you think about it, Yamato is always called "Yamao" by him.
Maybe she won't join after all.
I would not like to take away the fun to Yamato fans, but... it's like this. And Oda said it in one SBS.
Kinemon and "you-know-who" have more possibility to join at this point than her

I believe most of them revolve around her becoming Zoro’s concubine :kawak:
The last role Luffy needs on his journey to laugh tale: Prostitute :milaugh:
Luffy always call his nakama by his true name. If you think about it, Yamato is always called "Yamao" by him.
Rip, I guess Chopper isn't joining the crew. Luffy called him by a nickname for the whole arc at that.

Yeah I also kinda discovered why
carrot4nakama was thinking that he was smarter than everybody else in the room. “Anyone who happens to disagree with him have no idea how the story works”. In other words he thought he had better education than everyone else but he ended up making himself like a total unreasonable and mean spirited asshole personally attacking others for their lack of reading comprehension according to him. It just goes back to the whole oh carrot is going to join the crew and there’s nothing you can do about it blah blah blah blah blah or you do not seem to understand how the story works yada yada yada”

Last edited:
I would not like to take away the fun to Yamato fans, but... it's like this. And Oda said it in one SBS.
Can’t believe I have to put these examples again, but here we go:

I've made a thread about this, and the hate toward Carrot is much more than just about some insult. It's the worst of our community. I'm fighting so much against it because I think we need to be better as a whole. Because through the hate toward Carrot, what do we have:

- The development of Toxic masculinity against a character for no reason other than because she is being "cute".
- The outright hate toward the furry community.
- The insult against fans and some cyberbullying on top of that.

And all of this start with little community like this forum.

So no, we are not really talking about great real life problems here, but.. yes a bit tho.

This is really a nice thing to say. Have a good life ! :sweat:
Just discovered he was banned.
Sleep well sweet prince.

And I will say it now that he's gone. I believe Yamato will join, but Carrot will be a stow away and join as well. Not going to fight any battle, but she did have a very large role in WCI, and since it's still a shonen, Carrot has the whole "cute but strong" feat that none of the crew has.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Damn now its just Yamato posts :crazwhat:
I could always take on the mantle... :kidsmile:

I have his Profile Picture ready to go at any time, all I'll need is a blog.

Post automatically merged:

Can’t believe I have to put these examples again, but here we go:

I would imagine he would actually call Yamato by her by name either after she saves all of his friends and allies again or when he asks her to join the crew. Either way, it'll probably be a nice focused moment.
:goyea:

Last edited:
I'll warn you, I won't be such a gentle dog if I do.
:getnappaed:
Pot.. Carrot may not be a Nakama, but you have me.
I'm reading One Piece and I can see that Carrot was in a very grey spot, where only Vivi has really only been before.
I tell you, everybody will think Carrot is on Zunisha, but she'll follow them in the Thousand Sunny.

I would also point out that except Robin, it's been extremely blatant when a strawhat was joining. After WCI it was quite important, but I think Oda screwed himself over in Wano not giving Carrot an opponent, nor something to do. I think it's being pushed as fanservice, "Make carrot join, think of the fanS". And I have the feeling she will.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Pot.. Carrot may not be a Nakama, but you have me.
I'm reading One Piece and I can see that Carrot was in a very grey spot, where only Vivi has really only been before.
I tell you, everybody will think Carrot is on Zunisha, but she'll follow them in the Thousand Sunny.

I would also point out that except Robin, it's been extremely blatant when a strawhat was joining. After WCI it was quite important, but I think Oda screwed himself over in Wano not giving Carrot an opponent, nor something to do. I think it's being pushed as fanservice, "Make carrot join, think of the fanS". And I have the feeling she will.
It's why I hope that she gets a big redeeming moment involving the Wano wildcards, I appreciate the support. :goyea:
My current stance on Carrot is that the door is still open until Wano ends, but I will be not surprised if she doesn't join.

It's why I hope that she gets a big redeeming moment involving the Wano wildcards, I appreciate the support.:goyea:
My current stance on Carrot is that the door is still open until Wano ends, but I will be not surprised if she doesn't join.
I think a lot of people make too much discussion on the stuff that happens in One Piece. That panel, that small piece of dialogue, he never called that way bla bla bla, the color, the cats. People forget that the plot is quite complicated, but the themes and rules of One Piece are still the ones of a Shonen.
Over analisys does more damage than benefits.
Carrot may joins because she's cute, she's been somewhat very relevant for a long while. she's popular among the fans and that's it.

In what volume? Dont remember this SBS

This is what Oda specifically said about the nakama nickname issue on Vol 96 SBS.

Fan: “Hello! I have a question! There are tons of people Luffy gives nicknames, but he doesn’t use nicknames for his crew members, why is that?”

Oda: “Well, Luffy is the kind of guy who doesn't want to remember any names because he doesn't care, so he makes up a name based on the respective person's look. But when someone joins his crew, he makes sure to remember their name properly,"

This is why the “Yamao” argument doesn’t work. Oda was only referring to people who have already joined the SHs. Yamato is not currently a straw hat so this doesn’t apply to her.

This is what Oda specifically said about the nakama nickname issue on Vol 96 SBS.

Fan: “Hello! I have a question! There are tons of people Luffy gives nicknames, but he doesn’t use nicknames for his crew members, why is that?”

Oda: “Well, Luffy is the kind of guy who doesn't want to remember any names because he doesn't care, so he makes up a name based on the respective person's look. But when someone joins his crew, he makes sure to remember their name properly,"

This is why the “Yamao” argument doesn’t work. Oda was only referring to people who have already joined the SHs. Yamato is not currently a straw hat so this doesn’t apply to her.
Hence why Luffy called half the crew by nicknames right up until the welcome parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.