Character Discussion Oda overshadows Eustass Kid's potential?

What potential? People need to stop actiing like just because the guy had a higher bounty than Luffy prior to the tiimeskip he is the next Whitebeard or Luffy "rival".
He has CoC and top tier potential, which basically means he'll be a future yonko
Post automatically merged:

I think Oda intends for Luffy's goal to be truly unique. Like Law made a passing comment about one piece pre-skip, but it turned out his life's goal was to kill doffy.

I feel like Oda will do something similar for Kid where while Kid does care about being PK, his life's goal is killing shanks.

Don't run in front of the train! Considering the fact that advanced CoC is the biggest plot convenient for Oda, and considering the fact that Oda seamlessly hands adCoC tags left and right, it is possible–although very slim possibility at that–that Kid might be able to pull something from his bag of plot armors that Oda had conveniently handed him when he revealed that he has CoC.
:goyea:
So, I expect Kid to "eventually" receive adCoC for sake of doing so. I don't see him doing any significant act after that–well, maybe knocking off Big Mom from Onigoshima.

Kidd will be a Great Pirate aka a Yonko in the future.
Hard to tell, Oda kind of ambiguously foreshadowed that in case if something happens to Meme, then Katakuri would be the one to become the next captain of the entire Meme pirates. So, it's either Kid or Katakuri that will replace Meme as the 4th Emperor after her death, the question is which one?
Big Mom pirates are much more powerful than Kid pirates, the only relatively strong guy in Kid's crew is killer, so in case if Kid doesn't do anything significant and doesn't get any new crew members, then Katakuri would easily replace him.

Hard to tell, Oda kind of ambiguously foreshadowed that in case if something happens to Meme, then Katakuri would be the one to become the next captain of the entire Meme pirates. So, it's either Kid or Katakuri that will replace Meme as the 4th Emperor after her death, the question is which one?
Big Mom pirates are much more powerful than Kid pirates, the only relatively strong guy in Kid's crew is killer, so in case if Kid doesn't do anything significant and doesn't get any new crew members, then Katakuri would easily replace him.
I think if Big Mom falls, Katakuri and the big mom pirates are getting destroyed. Unlike Kid, who owns basically nothing, the Big Mom pirates control a vast swath of territory and are in possession of a road poneglyph as well as a few other poneglyphs. Totland will be a major target by the other emperors, supernova, and marines. Without Linlin, they won't be able to protect themselves and will probably be defeated.

Also Linlin had a lot of enemies and Kid is a CoC user. I think a lot of powerful people will flock to his crew after he beats big mom with Law.
  • possibly big mom's ex husbands
  • some giants
  • Who's Who(because he also has a grudge with shanks)
  • weak supernova who can't survive in the new world by themselves(ex. Hawkins, Bonney, ect)

I think if Big Mom falls, Katakuri and the big mom pirates are getting destroyed.
I don't know about that. Oda is very ambiguous about Katakuri: on one side he seems to be useless after WCI, on the other side Luffy's relationship with Katakuri are going to be important for the sake of the Big Mom pirates.
Katakuri was clearly worrying about Luffy based on his conversation with Brulee. He was holding back against Luffy and didn't really show his full arsenal of abilities–mostly copying Luffy's own techniques, showing how to improve his abilities further. (see above☝️) He essentially trained Luffy and even motivated him during the fight. Luffy and Katakuri have a primes to fulfill: Luffy promised to defeat Meme and Katakuri is waiting for him. So Kid defeating Meme is a big question for me to say the least, I don't see Law and Kid defeating Meme, and Oda's early-on set ups are showing it.

I'm not saying I want this to happen, but Oda is very repetitive in his writing, you kind of see where he can go–if he wants to–with Katakuri: and this foreshadowing with Katakuri becoming the next captain after Meme's death is a reinforcing sign to it.
Also Linlin had a lot of enemies and Kid is a CoC user. I think a lot of powerful people will flock to his crew after he beats big mom with Law.
I don't know who and when, but with every chapter In Wano, I fill like Oda is pushing the idea that Kid isn't ready yet. I can see Kid having some sort of timskip after Wano: recruiting new strong crew members, training his haki, finding out about CoC etc. And replacing Shanks after his death. Seems like a possibility to me!

Last edited:
What potential??
He literally garbage
His technique is not even good
His crew not helping at all except killer of course
I dont get it
Why in one piece, people who have ambition or dream can beat someone who have experience, decades of training and battle. Who also have the same dream
Like how ???
So in one piece
Ambition >>> experience
Real world doesn't work that way....
If you want to beat someone who have more experience than you are, you must work as a team, coordinating attack and Strike
not because you get power up because you have a DREAM
This is one piece for a god shake
Not a Fairy tail !!!
Oda sure become an old man

Kidd will come good. The moment he truly arrives at the top Luffy won't call him "Jaggy" but Eustass or Kidd and it will be the same the other way around (Monkey or Luffy, not Strawhat). It would show that they truly acknowledge one another.

Oda already said that he just mande supernova for Sabaody Arc to hit. He thought Kid would be a great rival to Luffy post timeskip but turned out to be false and Law had way more importance than Kid.

Oda is literally lost with Kid. Not Supernova since Bege was written pretty well.

Kidd is doing alright imo

He was arguably never destined to become Luffy's Whitebeard also cause Luffy will likely never keep traveling the seas as a captain for ages when the SHs will attain their dreams, if any he demonstrated more power than I preemptivated. 🤔

In your opinion, does Oda overshadow the potential of Eustass Kid??:kidsmile:
Yeah I think so. Luffy doesn't really have a good rival in terms of strength right now and it would be great if there actually were.
That being said, I don't think kidd and law should beat big meme this arc.
He should suffer a serious loss and then have the chance to reflect on his worthlessness.