Current Events Thoughts on these takes regarding Wano and the fandom

Wano suffers from the same problems as Dressrosa to many characters/plot threads and Oda being unable to handle or not wanting to dedicate time to give a satisfying conclusion.

Also doesn't help that Oda had treated the main threats Kaido and Big Mom like a joke. Just compare how Oda handled big mom and kaido to Enel in terms of being a powerhouse it's night and day
Not really. Dressrosa had very few questionable things (besides Rebecca), only it was overcrowded like you said. Dressrosa was essentially three arcs put into one awkwardly. The content for the most part was not a problem though.
You had a few instances here and there that were questionable (that vacuum lady, funk brothers betrayal..) but the pacing/execution was the main thing.

Wa No has major problems with the content in itself, and the list is very long.

Think like how Wano could have been written.In pretty much all battles in LOTR,the heroes get destroyed but somehow win.Wano war should have felt like a hard earned win with a lot of losses and grief.

I'm enjoying Wano on a reread- i finally found vol 93-98 to complete my set- yet I still remember how every short fight was "well, he is gonna give us the good stuff with ___" then "___" gets shortened & here we still are.

If i couldn't change anything narratively, I would have preferred if he did the " and we jump back 20 minutes to witness ___ Vs ___" narrative tool for each fight to maybe give a couple more pages but more importantly more focus. Jumping between 3 or 4 story threads/fights isn't entertaining and just feels sloppy.

Not really. Dressrosa had very few questionable things (besides Rebecca), only it was overcrowded like you said. Dressrosa was essentially three arcs put into one awkwardly. The content for the most part was not a problem though.
You had a few instances here and there that were questionable (that vacuum lady, funk brothers betrayal..) but the pacing/execution was the main thing.

Wa No has major problems with the content in itself, and the list is very long.
Wanos content is fine its the execution that leaves a lot to desire

I am loving all the attention it is getting now @Konstantis We have been saying the same thing for years now. Enjoy the pain that we have suffered already :josad: But I am good now, no need to rant about it, read other mangas. Start Tower of God, it is going great for now. Read Jujutsu Kaisen, Gege won't betray you (constant hype and he delivers!).
I dropped Mid Hero Academia. Bunguo stray dogs has good, give it a read. D. Gray Man is also awesome. Kingdom :stealthblack:

One Piece is Boruto level now, or even worse :kuzanope:
I started DGM but dropped it very early because I couldn't stand Lenalee and her constant crying. Does it get better? Would you suggest giving it a second chance?
Post automatically merged:

Yes,that is it.Oda hyped too much and didn't deliver.Too much side characters and we barely have that feeling of adventure,tension and the humor with The Straw Hats that we all love pre-time skip.

Oda is just bad at cutting of panels.The entire post-time skip could do with 30% less panels.Things would feel a lot more fluid.
Except for Zoro's portrayal, Oda fucked the Raid up. The one thing he did well (R5 vs Yonkos), he disassembled halfway to follow a tired formula.

Last edited:
There's a huge disconnect in the community.
Some people think that the Straw Hats faced setbacks in Act 1 and 2.
So in their mind, this has been a super difficult road to getting to Onigashima.
And because the road has been so difficult, we need good pay off, which is way Onigashima has been so easy.

Let's look at the crazy setbacks and danger the Straw Hats faced:

How does all this compare to Usopp getting robbed then leaving the crew, Robin getting kidnapped, and Luffy/Zoro getting completely embarassed by CP9?
@uyuu
Spawn already destroyed the idea that Wano had β€œlow” points here.

You can list events but that doesn’t indicate the tone or how characters were shown reacting.

Like I want to agree that F6 fights could definitely be better if they had just 2 full chapters of focus instead of 1/1.5 half assed chapters.

But P1 and Ulti fight would need an entire overhaul for them to be better.

I can't take Morj that seriously due to him pushing his theory all the time of raid failing, hence why to me he looks more like he's crying about that even behind these complaints.

He should have just dropped that theory after he was wrong and move on, then I would take his complaints more serious.

"King is only hope for Wano arc".

Yes, the character that did nothing for dozens of arcs, was known as "the background", had a half-baked backstory with some stupid forced parallel with Zoro to try and artificially hype it.
This is your "hope"?
^ coming from the same guy who said this
The OVERWHELMING majority of the people that support Sanji vs King, do it purely because they think it will be an amazing fightt (myself included)
sanjifans and backpedalling, always go together

I started DGM but dropped it very early because I couldn't stand Lenalee and her constant crying. Does it get better? Would you suggest giving it a second chance?

Except for Zoro's portrayal, Oda fucked the Raid up. The one thing he did well (R5 vs Yonkos), he disassembled halfway to follow a tired formula.
Yes, it gets better. The second last Arc is also a bit long, but still good to read. The last arc is going on and all the good stuff is getting revealed now.

Zoro vs King is the perfect representation of Wa No as an arc overall and how Oda misses the beat.

You are in the land of Samurai, the Samurai that have been low-key built up since Thriller Bark, you have one of the protagonists literally being called Mr Bushido and is a hardcore swordsman, and you let him fight against a dinosaur, hilarious.

Even funnier, the sword swallowers actually thinking it was a good fight.
The fight was goated but I can see where you are coming from ; denjiro could have been that character

Meme's role really damaged the arc. A retcon that could've decreased the garbageness of Meme's impact on Wano would've been Meme actually successfully entering Wano and invading Ringo or any isolated part of Wano mainland as a temporary base of operations for BMP before marching towards Onigashima to kill both Lufffy and Kaido, in other words the Yonko alliance never happens.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
Like I want to agree that F6 fights could definitely be better if they had just 2 full chapters of focus instead of 1/1.5 half assed chapters.

But P1 and Ulti fight would need an entire overhaul for them to be better.

I can't take Morj that seriously due to him pushing his theory all the time of raid failing, hence why to me he looks more like he's crying about that even behind these complaints.

He should have just dropped that theory after he was wrong and move on, then I would take his complaints more serious.
I disliked how both the F6 were basically defeated by Big Mom and it proved a missed chance for the SHs to grow expecially considering they hadn't had a compelling fight in forever :josad: