General & Others A lot of Sanji fans aren't really Sanji fans they're Zoro fans.

Dear Worstgen,

I have a theory about the Sanji fanbase. I understand I will get a lot of hate or be bashed for this but it needs to be said.

A lot of Sanji fans are Zoro fans in disguise or denial. There are a few legitimate Sanji fans that are genuine here but not many. I'll try to explain myself in this thread.

Part 1. The Zoro Obsession
I'll start with a question. If the so-called fans like Sanji so much, why do they try to glue him to Zoro? Regardless of if it makes since within the context of the manga or not. Every time Zoro grows somehow in their mind Sanji grew at the same rate regardless of feats. Here are a few examples:
Zoro defeated King a YC1 and Sanji fans place Zoro at YC1 tier. Sanji defeated Queen a YC2 yet by some miracle Sanji fans place him at YC1 tier just like Zoro.
Sanji fans claim King and Queen are paralleled as equals due to their bounties so their strength is the same. This is despite the fact the in King’s Vivre Card written by ODA it states that King is the strongest Beast Pirate after Kaido.

They also discount the fact that bounty doesn’t equal strength Kidd had a high bounty than Luffy pre ts because Kidd killed people Luffy didn’t. So basically, who cares what Oda said Sanji is wherever Zoro is?

If you want Sanji to be Zoro why not just admit to being a Zoro fan? They are and just don’t know it yet but hopefully, this post enlightens them.

Part 2. The Monster Trio

When Jinbei joined the crew, it was clear that he was stronger than Sanji at that point in time. Don’t rage just yet Sanji boys (Zorofans in disguise) I think Sanji is stronger than Jinbei now. However, Sanji fans couldn’t handle that because Zoro was still stronger than Jinbei initially. What did the Sanji boys do they used the monster trio excuse and said one of two things:

Jinbei isn’t stronger than Sanji despite the fact that Jinbei had more impressive feats such as throwing Big Mom (a Yonko) off of the Sunny, fighting Ace for five days, destroying WsW (yes this is prior to the Sanji buff), surviving a magma fist. I forgot to mention he got rid of Big Meme a second time in Wano.

Or they say thing like Jinbei is stronger than Zoro and Sanji because Sanji and Zoro are equal. This is despite the fact that Zoro showed us that he was more powerful than Sanji and Jinbei since the beginning of the New World. I’ll go arc by arc:

In Fishman Island Zoro fought Hordy Jones (Luffy’s Opponent) & the Octopus guy who he destroyed while Sanji and Jinbe tag teamed Wadat*fucking*sume. It’s not the strength that matters there but the portrayal, Zoro was clearly being separated.

In Punk Hazard Zoro destroyed Monet (a Logia) without even cutting here with Haki he defeated her. Meanwhile Sanji gets his leg cracked by Vergo, (his leg is his strongest weapon) no only that DJ didn’t do Jack shit to Vergo.

In Dressrossa Zoro defeated Pica (someone with the same rank as Vergo) with no difficulty outside of the chase. Zoro also clashed with Fujitora (an admiral) who acknowledge Zoro’s strength and told his men to step back indicating it was going to be a tough fight. Meanwhile Sanji got neg diffed by Luffy’s villain (Doffy) who trolled his strength and immediately destroyed him. If that’s not clear separation what is?

On WCI Sanji got swatted by Daifuku, Judge grabbed him by his DJ and threw him, and he couldn’t save Luffy (who’d defeated a YC3 & a YC1) without Germa’s help. Not to mention Luffy fought a similar army minus Oven. Luffy also mentioned if they came to fight, they would have brought Zoro.

By the way the Monster Trio is fan made. There isn’t a golden rule saying it can’t be broken.

Last edited:
I disagree.

As someone who’s watched ruroni Kenshin what of Zoro’s feats isn’t impressive ?
Really bro? You really diss swordsmanship like that?
Post automatically merged:

I

I love Ruroni Kenshin but this is One piece.
You indirectly admitted that Zoro is a garbage swordsman. Thank you my job in this thread is over.

You sure you aren’t a Sanji fan yourself?

“The Zoro Obsession”
*Proceeds to create an entire thread about Sanji…..* 🤦🏾‍♂️
I don’t have a Zoro obsession, but I am not a Sanji fan. I was pre timeskip but Oda fucked Sanji up. I feel like with majority of Sanji fans you can’t have a reasonable debate that’s where my issue is.
I respect Sanjis strength I think he’s YC2 because that’s what the story has shown us. I think Zoro is YC1+ because that’s what the story has show us. I should clarify YC2 I think Sanji beats every YC2 that we’ve seen but losses to every YC1. I think that’s a fair placement.
Post automatically merged:

Oda entitles Sanji and zoro as the wings

Z bois : its always them sanji fans ofc they wana glue zoro and sanji together

there are just alot of flaws and just random cherry picked minority assumptions here

i actually thought it'd be a more touching post.. but yea kinda let down
I’m not a ZBoi I’ve had multiple debates with them to. I forgot to mention the wings thing in my post that’s one of the dumbest arguments I’ve seen I should edit it.

I’m not a ZBoi I’ve had multiple debates with them to. I forgot to mention the wings thing in my post that’s one of the dumbest arguments I’ve seen I should edit it.
don't add it if you really don't wanna contradict everything you just ranted about sanji fans assuming some

a zoro fan here is a Z boi i don't give a shit to vendettas among yall.. whats common is that some can't even define what a fan is.

don't add it if you really don't wanna contradict everything you just ranted about sanji fans assuming some

a zoro fan here is a Z boi i don't give a shit to vendettas among yalls.. what common is that some can't even define what a fan is
If you consider me a ZBoi so be it. I am not a toxic fan though I’ve seen some crazy shit like Zoro > Luffy and I don’t subscribe to ZKK either never have.

I’m definitely a Zoro fan though.

If you consider me a ZBoi so be it. I am not a toxic fan though I’ve seen some crazy shit like Zoro > Luffy and I don’t subscribe to ZKK either never have.

I’m definitely a Zoro fan though.
i my self am a z boi but when i state the term it exempts me.. interesting innt

Regardless your whole post is about randomized assumptions by a random demographic withing sanji fans in totality that may honestly not even sharre the same opinions.. some of the thing you said need some fact checking too

even if i give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that every sanjifan does subscribe to whatever you have listed.

the fact that oda has sanji and zoro share the same responsibility and hierarchy in the crew just demolishes the notion itself

Just a heads up, there are quite a bit people who like both Z & S. Or usually, because the shounen influence, likes all monster trio. Maybe less here because this is a Zoro forum, but its more apparent in other communities. Try visiting them.

Also, a lot of One Piece fans (whoever their favorite is), will almost always like Zoro. He is one of the series' charm, and his badass moments are there/drawn by Oda to hook up shounen readers. This is literally his role, to fight & win.

Oda used Luffy to convey his ideals.
Oda used Zoro to show cool moments.
Oda used Nami for fanservice.
Etc.

TLDR: You ARE supposed to be impressed by Zoro, Oda makes him badass to gain popularity for One Piece series.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Again you have not watched/read ruroni kenshin so stop talking surface level things without knowing. As a Zoro fan i know you are content with zoro bowing down to the king of the pirates.
actually i have watched it.
I'm just making fun of your stupidity in comparing 2 characters from different series,i could just as easily ask why you are content with a bitch ass protagonist that uses a killing instrument to not kill people.
If you read one piece you would know zoro doesn't care to being pirate king he simply joined forces with luffy because it was the most convenient path towards his dream.
But i can't expect you to understand that.

bruh what are you on about.. i get the pacing in the mangs was trash.. even swordsmanship was as clean as you'd expect but leave it to the anime to elaborate on it..

why fret over nothing
stay out of this sanji fan.

actually i have watched it.
I'm just making fun of your stupidity in comparing 2 characters from different series,i could just as easily ask why you are content with a bitch ass protagonist that uses a killing instrument to not kill people.
If you read one piece you would know zoro doesn't care to being pirate king he simply joined forces with luffy because it was the most convenient path towards his dream.
But i can't expect you to understand that.
Do you remember anything about it though?