Break Week Anyone else disappointed with how lackluster King turned out to be?

This is what happens to Zoro's opponents, they are hyped up and then Zoro finishes them in a couple of moves or even less like Daz Bones (1 hit KO). Whereas Luffy's opponents have real brawler fights, they take a lot of hits, they land a lot of hits and then Luffy finishes them off with an attack. Plus Luffy's opponents are the main villains of the arc so they get more panels.

I think we should have a thread where all the opponents that the Monster Trio defeated are listed and the damage they took as well as they dealt can be found easily, hopefully in a chronological order.

I think we have only 4 confirmed awakened users Doffy, Kata, Law and Kidd in the manga (Impel Down jailers were just meh) so either it is something ultra rare or every top tier is already awakened like BM, Kaido, WB, Admirals, Marco, King etc. and it serves no purpose to specifically highlight the special awakening that they have. It is hard to think that these top tiers are not awakened whereas Doffy and Kata are. I mean if we were not specifically introduced to Law's awakening where he can use his sword to pierce objects without damaging the object and then send shockwaves we would have thought that it was an in-built ability of the devil fruit. Maybe the things that we have seen the top tiers do is because they are already awakened and are able to carry out such feats because they are awakened.

FS is good but it is something that is not absolutely required for top tiers, it can complement a fighters specific style and would let them compete with others who are stronger than them but it is not game-breaking. It can be overcome with speed and huge AoE techniques which makes it kind of underwhelming. It is like ACoA and by this I mean the internal destruction, it has a specific use against things which cannot be affected from the surface and hence it is required to bypass that defense. For example it might be required against Kaido since his scales are just too tough or BM who is like an iron balloon (she did use Haki to defend against Luffy G4) but against Garp, Roger, WB etc. who can be damaged with normal attacks/haki attacks it is not required. We saw an example of it with Luffy hurting Garp at MF, Garp getting slashed by Morgan in the cover stories and Squard stabbing WB (apart from the all the other wounds that he got during MF). So these two advanced forms are good but have specific use cases where they can be the game changers and in other cases they provided little more utility. ACoC on the other hand is something that just outrights increases the offense and defense of the user and really propels characters into the top tier. But if two people who both have ACoC are not equal, for ACoC or CoC in general the character must become stronger themselves to increase the power of CoC/ACoC. For example if Nami were to get ACoC and clash with Luffy or Zoro she will get obliterated because she has not gotten the same level of physical strength and maybe her haki/will/spirit is also lesser than theirs.

I am quite happy that King did not get CoC because it would kind of establish that all right hands must have CoC (Marco did not have it) and it showed something else also that King was given this name by Kaido for his strength/endurance and this strength/endurance was sort of a natural gift. King had the strength and power but he did not have that ambition and his purpose was just to see Kaido become JB/PK and for that alone he wanted to get stronger/would not lose. It is a nice contrast to the SHPs because although they have got this combined goal of making Luffy the PK they also have their own ambitions and goals which gives them the extra edge to become stronger/better. Compare it to the other Yonko crews like WB or BM (we already have the Beast Pirates example) and we see that even the ones like Ace and Kata who one would assume have the highest potentials in their respective crews have no personal ambitions at all (Ace changed his after he joined WB whereas Kata never showed his). And I think the only other crews who are comparable in this regard to the SHPs are the Red Hair Pirates and the BB Pirates. Red Hair Pirates because they all made a name for themselves and Shanks recruited them afterwards, they already had an ambition or goal which made them stronger and they gained fame due to it. And BBP are a chaotic piece of bunch, they are the assumed second coming of the Rocks Pirates with the parallels etc., they seem quite independent and reckless. Their sole aim is to get stronger and is the reason why they are hunting the devil fruits. We just don't have much background for the members but I think when we do we will find that they also have individual desires to become stronger/better.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
This is what happens to Zoro's opponents, they are hyped up and then Zoro finishes them in a couple of moves or even less like Daz Bones (1 hit KO). Whereas Luffy's opponents have real brawler fights, they take a lot of hits, they land a lot of hits and then Luffy finishes them off with an attack. Plus Luffy's opponents are the main villains of the arc so they get more panels.

I think we should have a thread where all the opponents that the Monster Trio defeated are listed and the damage they took as well as they dealt can be found easily, hopefully in a chronological order.

I think we have only 4 confirmed awakened users Doffy, Kata, Law and Kidd in the manga (Impel Down jailers were just meh) so either it is something ultra rare or every top tier is already awakened like BM, Kaido, WB, Admirals, Marco, King etc. and it serves no purpose to specifically highlight the special awakening that they have. It is hard to think that these top tiers are not awakened whereas Doffy and Kata are. I mean if we were not specifically introduced to Law's awakening where he can use his sword to pierce objects without damaging the object and then send shockwaves we would have thought that it was an in-built ability of the devil fruit. Maybe the things that we have seen the top tiers do is because they are already awakened and are able to carry out such feats because they are awakened.

FS is good but it is something that is not absolutely required for top tiers, it can complement a fighters specific style and would let them compete with others who are stronger than them but it is not game-breaking. It can be overcome with speed and huge AoE techniques which makes it kind of underwhelming. It is like ACoA and by this I mean the internal destruction, it has a specific use against things which cannot be affected from the surface and hence it is required to bypass that defense. For example it might be required against Kaido since his scales are just too tough or BM who is like an iron balloon (she did use Haki to defend against Luffy G4) but against Garp, Roger, WB etc. who can be damaged with normal attacks/haki attacks it is not required. We saw an example of it with Luffy hurting Garp at MF, Garp getting slashed by Morgan in the cover stories and Squard stabbing WB (apart from the all the other wounds that he got during MF). So these two advanced forms are good but have specific use cases where they can be the game changers and in other cases they provided little more utility. ACoC on the other hand is something that just outrights increases the offense and defense of the user and really propels characters into the top tier. But if two people who both have ACoC are not equal, for ACoC or CoC in general the character must become stronger themselves to increase the power of CoC/ACoC. For example if Nami were to get ACoC and clash with Luffy or Zoro she will get obliterated because she has not gotten the same level of physical strength and maybe her haki/will/spirit is also lesser than theirs.

I am quite happy that King did not get CoC because it would kind of establish that all right hands must have CoC (Marco did not have it) and it showed something else also that King was given this name by Kaido for his strength/endurance and this strength/endurance was sort of a natural gift. King had the strength and power but he did not have that ambition and his purpose was just to see Kaido become JB/PK and for that alone he wanted to get stronger/would not lose. It is a nice contrast to the SHPs because although they have got this combined goal of making Luffy the PK they also have their own ambitions and goals which gives them the extra edge to become stronger/better. Compare it to the other Yonko crews like WB or BM (we already have the Beast Pirates example) and we see that even the ones like Ace and Kata who one would assume have the highest potentials in their respective crews have no personal ambitions at all (Ace changed his after he joined WB whereas Kata never showed his). And I think the only other crews who are comparable in this regard to the SHPs are the Red Hair Pirates and the BB Pirates. Red Hair Pirates because they all made a name for themselves and Shanks recruited them afterwards, they already had an ambition or goal which made them stronger and they gained fame due to it. And BBP are a chaotic piece of bunch, they are the assumed second coming of the Rocks Pirates with the parallels etc., they seem quite independent and reckless. Their sole aim is to get stronger and is the reason why they are hunting the devil fruits. We just don't have much background for the members but I think when we do we will find that they also have individual desires to become stronger/better.
Wtf dis man snapped 😭