Questions & Mysteries Did Oda plan Nika from the beginning? And an interesting SBS detail...

Did Oda plan Nika from the beginning? And an interesting SBS detail...

• Yes, Oda planned Nika from the beginning

• No, Oda never planned Nika from the beginning

• Not sure / undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
D: ''Odacchi, greetings! I've been harboring some doubts lately. In Chapter 277 of Volume 30, when Luffy is trying to escape from the giant anaconda, he opens up the snake's eyelids, but how can he do that when he's inside the eye? Please ask Luffy how he did that!!''

Oda: ''Yeah I know, that didn't make any sense. Luffy! Come here!!''

Luffy: ''What? What's the problem? There's nothing wrong about this.''

Oda: ''Yes there is! How do you raise the eyelid from inside the eyeball? And while we're on that subject, how can you be INSIDE the eyeball in the first place?!''

Luffy: ''It's all right, don't worry about it. Wasn't it funny?''

Oda: ''Yeah, I guess it was! That's the key.''

Luffy: ''Yep yep, ahahaha.''

Oda: ''Ahahahahaha...''

----SBS Volume 34

And the last chapter:

Luffy does a similar thing with Kaido's eyes.

What do you guys think? Did Oda plan this from the beginning?

Tags;

The thing you mentioned is just a coincidence. But I do think oda planned this from the beginning. I cant imagine such an important part of the frame story being retconned.

We have to remember that the plot with the wg and gorosei goes back to more than a decade ago. So it's not hard to imagine oda already planned things out. It's just that the wg frame story comes out very slowly in real time.

So far, the frame story goes like this:
Blackbeard kills Thatch. Ace hunts him down.
Luffy beats crocodile, leaving a space in shikibuckai.
blackbeard captures ace.
Wg and whitebeard fight, leading to the latter's death and blackbeard getting two fruits and becoming new yonko.
In part ii, the reverie happens, but we don't know what happened there yet.
Im wants someone eliminated. It looks like vivi, shirahoshi,
Gorosei learn of luffys fruit.

As you can see the big plot is not much, but it took decades to reach this point. Oda could have easily planned it out from the start.

i remember that sbs.
i'm not sure if he specifically planed for nika, but i always knew luffy has the ability to ignore the rules and logic of the worldbuilding for the sake of being "funny", and his struggles always seemed fake and hollow to me.

oda did hint that luffy might be a god, or at least can perform miracles, during skypia chapter 297, impel down chapter 539.

D: ''Odacchi, greetings! I've been harboring some doubts lately. In Chapter 277 of Volume 30, when Luffy is trying to escape from the giant anaconda, he opens up the snake's eyelids, but how can he do that when he's inside the eye? Please ask Luffy how he did that!!''

Oda: ''Yeah I know, that didn't make any sense. Luffy! Come here!!''

Luffy: ''What? What's the problem? There's nothing wrong about this.''

Oda: ''Yes there is! How do you raise the eyelid from inside the eyeball? And while we're on that subject, how can you be INSIDE the eyeball in the first place?!''

Luffy: ''It's all right, don't worry about it. Wasn't it funny?''

Oda: ''Yeah, I guess it was! That's the key.''

Luffy: ''Yep yep, ahahaha.''

Oda: ''Ahahahahaha...''

----SBS Volume 34

And the last chapter:

Luffy does a similar thing with Kaido's eyes.

What do you guys think? Did Oda plan this from the beginning?

Tags;
Omg its a good find. And yes, i see it as Oda's plan from the start then.

I mean, it's pretty blatantly obvious that this was always meant to be Luffys true abilities. The story is absolutely riddled with instances of looney tune like moments, sprinkled throughout. Oda had been telling us for years. Not to mention this ability is literally the embodiment of everything Luffy stands for, and is tailor made to fit him perfectly. That doesn't come from just slapping it in there randomly because you thought about it years later.