General & Others Crazy how Roger was able to keep up with Whitebeard.

HAKI = WILLPOWER Roger's was bigger than any other and that's why it was PK that's why only Luffy will surpass him, even though Shanks has a monster in haki ,
he doesn't have what Roger and Luffy have

D

Dragomir

Yeah, Roger being equal if not stronger than Whiteboard doesn't make much sense imo. Whiteboard basically had everything that Roger had (top tier haki, highly graded weapon, beastly physical stats) in addition to having the most destructive devil fruit. Roger being stronger because "better haki" is quite boring and uncreative. Same with Garp, he was able to keep up with those two because he punched really hard?

Imo, it'd have been better if Whitebeard just had basic haki and was as strong as he was primarily cause of his devil fruit. While Roger was the one with top tier haki and swordsmanship and kept on par with Whitebeard due to that. Otherwise, it just leaves a gap in logic for how Roger could conceivably be on the same level as Whitebeard when Newgate had everything he had and then some.

Yeah, Roger being equal if not stronger than Whiteboard doesn't make much sense imo. Whiteboard basically had everything that Roger had (top tier haki, highly graded weapon, beastly physical stats) in addition to having the most destructive devil fruit. Roger being stronger because "better haki" is quite boring and uncreative. Same with Garp, he was able to keep up with those two because he punched really hard?

Imo, it'd have been better if Whitebeard just had basic haki and was as strong as he was primarily cause of his devil fruit. While Roger was the one with top tier haki and swordsmanship and kept on par with Whitebeard due to that. Otherwise, it just leaves a gap in logic for how Roger could conceivably be on the same level as Whitebeard when Newgate had everything he had and then some.
then people would be saying that wb is carried by his fruit and anyone with his fruit would be as strong as him

GeneralP123

Beyefendi
โ€Ž

My point as well, i'd always give Whitebeard the slight edge.

Well, we saw Whitebeard and Roger have a single clash. Hardly enough to go on to be able to accurately tell how even their haki was. Remember, there is still one more variation of CoC that Oda has yet to explore. We aren't done yet with this ability.

D

Dragomir

then people would be saying that wb is carried by his fruit and anyone with his fruit would be as strong as him
More or less, yeah. Anybody can become as strong Aokiji if they had his fruit by mastering it and having good physicals stats. That doesn't diminish the fact that he mastered his fruit and utilizes it very well.

Anybody can become as strong as Luffy is right now if they had his fruit and CoC. I don't understand your argument.

It was fucking dumb. It'd make sense if Roger had stronger Haki than WB, but with equal Haki? Loop hole.

Roger and Shanks have the Plot Plot no Mi.

It was fucking dumb. It'd make sense if Roger had stronger Haki than WB, but with equal Haki? Loop hole.

Roger and Shanks have the Plot Plot no Mi.
You guys are acting like this is it for haki. Obviously Oda isn't an idiot and knows that there has to be some kind of equalizing factor at play. Like he just fucking decided, hurr durr, Roger and Whitebeard had equal haki, but Whitebeard has a broken Devil Fruit. Maybe the fans won't notice.

You guys are acting like this is it for haki. Obviously Oda isn't an idiot and knows that there has to be some kind of equalizing factor at play. Like he just fucking decided, hurr durr, Roger and Whitebeard had equal haki, but Whitebeard has a broken Devil Fruit. Maybe the fans won't notice.
Whitebeard is the strongest man in the world. There is no indication Roger has stronger Haki than him.

D

Dragomir

Well, we saw Whitebeard and Roger have a single clash. Hardly enough to go on to be able to accurately tell how even their haki was. Remember, there is still one more variation of CoC that Oda has yet to explore. We aren't done yet with this ability.
I think we can make that deduction from scaling alone by looking at how they both in their primes are top 5 in strength all-time in the verse. And with how Kaido is hyping up haki and the overall portrayal of it in the story, it's pretty clear that they both had top tier haki.

A third variation of CoC doesn't really change my point. If Roger had it, it would still just be that he had stronger haki. My critique here is that there's an oversaturation of haki in the power system. By having more and more characters have advanced versions of haki, it creates gaps of logic for why devil fruit-less characters can keep up with these other guys. If the explanation is that they have a stronger version of haki, another variation, or can punch really hard or swing a sword really hard then that's very uninteresting to me.

I think we can make that deduction from scaling alone by looking at how they both in their primes are top 5 in strength all-time in the verse. And with how Kaido is hyping up haki and the overall portrayal of it in the story, it's pretty clear that they both had top tier haki.

A third variation of CoC doesn't really change my point. If Roger had it, it would still just be that he had stronger haki. My critique here is that there's an oversaturation of haki in the power system. By having more and more characters have advanced versions of haki, it creates gaps of logic for why devil fruit-less characters can keep up with these other guys. If the explanation is that they have a stronger version of haki, another variation, or can punch really hard or swing a sword really hard then that's very uninteresting to me.
I sincerely doubt that's the route Oda is going for here.

I made a theory a long time ago that Devil Fruit abilities were human abilities, created by haki. That's why you see things like Ashura, Diable Jambe, Kings ability, electro, Kinemon Foxfire, Brooks Ice attacks etc... Etc... These things have to stem from somewhere. And unless Oda is going to introduce some brand new concept this late in the game to explain these no df abilities, then Haki seems to make the most sense.

D

Dragomir

I sincerely doubt that's the route Oda is going for here.

I made a theory a long time ago that Devil Fruit abilities were human abilities, created by haki. That's why you see things like Ashura, Diable Jambe, Kings ability, electro, Kinemon Foxfire, Brooks Ice attacks etc... Etc... These things have to stem from somewhere. And unless Oda is going to introduce some brand new concept this late in the game to explain these no df abilities, then Haki seems to make the most sense.
We'll see, with his poor handling of AdCoC and AdCoA, I don't really trust Oda to come up with some good and creative with haki.

WB ambitions in the end, weโ€™re just to be a family man. He technically as far as we know, never aimed for the top.

Rogers just much more of a conquer at heart

Once his ships successor takes center stage(shanks) weโ€™ll final start to grasp just how powerful Rogers was.