Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It was the hug. A panel with IMMENSE importance in the context of the story. What you are describing was a mear setup for the real celebration to come.
No it wasn’t. The hug was jinbe arriving and they welcoming him. Then Luffy says let’s have a toast. They say they don’t have sake. Zorro(the Sakehound, get it like bloodhound) smells some. They get it and start drinking. Luffy says let’s celebrate properly after we win. The panel you say, while important is not a celebration, it’s a welcoming.
Post automatically merged:

no one wants to do that

No it wasn’t. The hug was jinbe arriving and they welcoming him
That's called a celebration.

Then Luffy says let’s have a toast
And they didn't

Luffy says let’s celebrate properly after we win
Precisely, no celebration here

while important is not a celebration, it’s a welcoming.
It is tho. Call it whatever you want.. that moment is until further celebration, the most important one.

The reason for this debate is meaningless. Carrot was no present is the setup of the toast for obvious reason. But she was in the first celebration moment for less obvious reason. Making this moment - for Carrot - very important in term of storytelling.

Putting Carrot is center of one of the most important panel in One Piece in a long time is VERY notable. Nothing you will say will counter that. Just accept that hint as it is and stop delaying the inevitable.

No, that's your agenda. I never said Carrot was a strawhat because she hugged Jinbe. It's just one of the parameters that makes Carrot the most relevant candidate for a recruitment.

You really need to understand that one hint alone will NEVER be sufficiant to validate a theory, wether it's for Carrot or for Yamato. In the context of storytelling, it's the accumulation of evidences that permits us to legitimize a good theory. That confusion is precisely the reason why you guys don't understand why Carrot is closer to the strawhat's flag than Yamato:

Yamato might have had a powerful characterization during Onigashima related to Oden and Ace, but it was just one parameters. On the other side Carrot had very few development on Onigashima, but she got a LOT of different type of evidences supporting her future integration on the crew.

In other words, Yamato had a Big potential parameters, but Carrot had a lot of small ones. And when you put everything on the balance, you witness something wonderful: Carrot is closer to the flag than Yamato.

I'm just here to explain to you the nature of all those small details, for you not to say "Carrot just joined out of nowhere by chance, there were no clues it's BS" like Carrot Hater on Arlong Park seems to start saying out of pure ignorance.

Soon.. You should start to panic a little when you will see that Yamato still doesn't interact with the strawhats like she should.. At the end .. seeing Carrot on the ship should be quite of a shock for you guyz, I know.. But everything will make sence once read the blog I designed specifically for this matter or when you will reread my posts here.
Carrot isn't closer to joining the crew than Yamato all you have to say is that Yamato hasn't interacted with the crew when that is one of the easiest something Oda could do 😭, like I said before carrot isn't shown to be the next SHs only Yamato is shown wanted to leave with puffy u guys use that carrot is friend with them as meaning to join

It is tho. Call it whatever you want.. that moment is until further celebration, the most important one.

The reason for this debate is meaningless. Carrot was no present is the setup of the toast for obvious reason. But she was in the first celebration moment for less obvious reason. Making this moment - for Carrot - very important in term of storytelling.

Putting Carrot is center of one of the most important panel in One Piece in a long time is VERY notable. Nothing you will say will counter that. Just accept that hint as it is and stop delaying the inevitable.
You can not say "call it whatever you want“. Different words exist for a reason and have different meanings. Celebrating and welcoming are definitely the same. And yes they did have one drink.

As for Carrot being in the panel. I do not put much importance to it. My hole focus was on Jinbe. I honestly didn’t even notice her until you mentioned her in this thread. And that applies for 80% of the one piece fan base.

Luffy postponed the official celebration, so the only worthy celebration, right now, is the strawhats hugging Jimbe. You will have to wait until the banquet to have the real official celebration.

That's not a celebration to welcome him to the crew, it was everyone who knows him happy he is alright
Since the last time they saw him he was is a situation where he could've died

They were having a proper celebration and it was postponed until after Wano is saved, so they can celebrate Wano's liberation and Jinbei's welcome all at once

"That was just hugging Jinbe"

The question is not "Is Carrot there in the postponed celebration ?" the question is "why there were no new strawhat in it?"

The reason is simple: it was not a celebration. Just a setup.

THe real celebration is this panel:

The first panel with ALL the strawhats together in YEARS.
"That was just hugging Jinbe"

The question is not "Is Carrot there in the postponed celebration ?" the question is "why there were no new strawhat in it?"

The reason is simple: it was not a celebration. Just a setup.

THe real celebration is this panel:

The first panel with ALL the strawhats together in YEARS.
There is on "ONLY WORTHY CELEBRATION"

Jinbe will be welcomed in when Wano is freed

And how are you going to say the hugging was the "official celebration" and the postponed one was a setup for the official, as a writer I thought you'd know that a setup comes before the payoff

But yeah only the straw hats were there to welcome Jinbe back

Whatever makes you happy cause Yamato is leaving with Luffy just like Oda written in the chapter 😁
This isn't enough Sub-Text for him

Last edited:
No. It was the hug. A panel with IMMENSE importance in the context of the story. What you are describing was a mear setup for the real celebration to come.
ROFL... Wanda was there...

But everything will make sence once read the blog I designed specifically for this matter or when you will reread my posts here.
That blog is nonsense... We're not looking for fanfic...

That's called a celebration.
:gokulaugh: It's not...

Carrot isn't closer to joining the crew than Yamato all you have to say is that Yamato hasn't interacted with the crew when that is one of the easiest something Oda could do
Oh I say a lot more about Yamato than that and you know it so it's no use to try to fallaciousely reduce my argumentation.

And yes, Carot is closer. But for you to see that .. it will take a huge shock. You need to get rid of your bias toward Yamato.

You can not say "call it whatever you want“. Different words exist for a reason and have different meanings. Celebrating and welcoming are definitely the same
That's not a celebration to welcome him to the crew, it was everyone who knows him happy he is alright
Since the last time they saw him he was is a situation where he could've died

They were having a proper celebration and it was postponed until after Wano is saved, so they can celebrate Wano's liberation and Jinbei's welcome all at once
In that case it was. It's was welcoming hug, but a celebration in the storytelling because of the fact that this is the first panel of all the strawhats together in years. There is nothing more obvious than that.

I do not put much importance to it
I Know.. and it's kinda showing how much you don't care about storytelling. Because the present of Carrot in such an important panel should be a red flag for everyone who cares about the strawhats story.

There is on "ONLY WORTHY CELEBRATION"

Jinbe will be welcomed in when Wano is freed
Learn to read
so the only worthy celebration, right now

And how are you going to say the hugging was the "official celebration" and the postponed one was a setup for the official, as a writer I thought you'd know that a setup comes before the payoff
It's a setup for the celebration in the banquet. If you had read correctly, you'd know I said that already.

But yeah only the straw hats were there to welcome Jinbe back
Gotta love how Carrot fans always post the cropped version of the Jinbei hug that cuts Wanda out even though they know it exists because we've posted it so many times.
Indeed, there was Wanda in the raws on the far right side, just where Carrot should be. The problem here is that you think that the presence of Wanda in the panel is dimishing Carrot. Well.. you can't be more wrong.

First the position of Carrot and Wanda are completely different, Wanda is on the far side, sometimes cut (in the book version it is) so they are incomparable here and Carrot's presence is still a anoamy.

Second, Wanda being here acts as a relative legitimizer for Carrot. In fact, her very presence here is maybe what will setup in the future a discussion between Carrot and Wanda about Carrot's future in the strawhat crew.

So yeah.. not a bad thing.. actually the opposite.

So saying "but you only take the cut version" is just but a bad argument.

This isn't enough Sub-Text for him
Actually there is subtext here. But not the one written on the bubble ;)

That blog is nonsense... We're not looking for fanfic...
Ignored, here's why

And even if they want to use anime, they’re intentionally ignoring this scene:

Who are the ignorant ones now huh?
That's just your agenda, I'm not ignoring anything. This is indeed a good setup scene.

I say a lot more about Yamato than that and you know it so it's no use to try to fallaciousely reduce my argumentation.

And yes, Carrot is closer. But for you to see that .. it will take a huge shock. You need to get rid of your bias toward Yamato.
Like I said before the only thing Carrot has over Yamato is that she already met the crew nothing else and you know it

Status
Not open for further replies.