• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 58 22.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Votes: 28 10.6%

• Total voters
Cover story, no idea how but looks like mont-d'or was taken out which is why his DF effect was out, there'll be chaos in WCI after this I guess

The chapter itself, I don't know how to feel thou
On one hand, it looks like it's ended but part of me thought that Kaido would still get up again, albeit it won't be to continue the fight, judging from the flashbacks and when he heard Luffy's answer
On the other hand, after all that Oda said, Luffy ends it with a strong ass punch like usual, disappointing Oda
We get a bit of Kaido's flashback, still I wish to have more of his flashbacks where we could see Rocks, Big Mom, Whitebeard and the rest of the crew
On this one, we get a glimpse on why the Marines are able to captured him multiple times, how the battle on God's Valley probably happened, how Higurashi ask Kaido for help and a bit more of how Kaido and King's relationship in the crew, idk if Queen and Jack are also aware of how both Kaido and King are waiting for Joyboy and the change for the world
No mention of Kaido wanting One Piece and become the King of Pirates in here

Momo finally able to create a big flame cloud, although he's exhausted, I'm still not sure as to why Vegapunk think the fruit is a failure, aside from the pink color

Looks like Luffy is also out, but he'll recover easily like last time I bet

Not sure about Orochi, I hope he's really dead thou, in Marineford we got Newgate and Oars dead, here it needs at least one casualty Oda, come on now

Overall it's a good chapter, I'll be a bit disappointed on the huge punch if that's what ends Kaido

After this the world will now revolve around the 3 or maybe 5 of the 11 Supernovas since Luffy, Kid and Law would probably went to Billions for defeating 2 of the Yonkos (and both Zoro and Killer took part on the fight as well and in Zoro's case, defeating one of the Calamities)
I doubt they gonna hit the 4 - 5 billions but their bounties would probably be on Par with another member of the Worst Generation, ̶U̶r̶o̶u̶g̶e̶ Teach
I like how Oars impacted you more than Ace.

Hands down, Luffy's final attack is the strongest move in the OP-verse, it completely blasted a gargantuan monster at the speed of sound, from the sky trough the land, till the fucking earth core. You can physically feel the power of the hit, he instantly obliterated the strongest creature of the planet, making old Whitebeard's island shaking punches look average :noo::noo:

The fights are now getting out of scale, the level reached is now that high that for Luffy is dangerous to fight close to his friends and to the people that he wants to free and protect.
Damn. :endthis:

Why will he? What happened? 🤔
In his 1049 review he says that he will accept that the rail has failed after 1050 and 1051, just in case Oda has a fakeout 1050 with the alliance celebrating the victory and then something happens.

He will need even more copium than ZKK supporters, I'm genuinely so excited :finally:

I love how One Punch Man and One Piece mirror each other this week (actually the last few chapters):
- long anticipated fight
- many different forms for the antagonist (I guess we can count Kaido's drunken forms)
- Garou sends Saitama flying to the bottom of a tectonic plate - In OP, we have the inverse, Luffy sends Kaido flying deep into Wano's crust
- Fans shit on the last few chapters and huff hopium and copium in huge amounts - in OPM because of differences from the webcomic, in OP, well, we know already why

I love how One Punch Man and One Piece mirror each other this week (actually the last few chapters):
- long anticipated fight
- many different forms for the antagonist (I guess we can count Kaido's drunken forms)
- Garou sends Saitama flying to the bottom of a tectonic plate - In OP, we have the inverse, Luffy sends Kaido flying deep into Wano's crust
- Fans shit on the last few chapters and huff hopium and copium in huge amounts - in OPM because of differences from the webcomic, in OP, well, we know already why
Just curious, what are OPM fans complaining about? I don't know all the changes from the webcomic

Just curious, what are OPM fans complaining about? I don't know all the changes from the webcomic
Well the manga is very much on the nose in regards to Garou's monsterification. Every single chapter someone is pointing out what a good guy he is etc and a lot of his actions are portrayed as gags when he accidentaly helps people while fighting monsters.
Also, he destroyed multiple S class heroes in the webcomic before Saitama interfered and showed him who is boss.
Also also, there was a lot of unnecessary fluf i.e. another centipede monster, more heroes are present at the fight than in the webcomic, a whole different subplot is introduced with Blast (don't wanna spoil you)

Personally I don't really care for the differences. ONE still oversees the story for the manga so if he wants to turn the manga into a different story than the webcomic than that's fine by me.
At the end of the day it's a satire and I read it for the laughs.

B

Ballel

=> Moving to the point, that clash shows everything about Kaido and Luffy
Kaido having everything about power and strength that person could posses, he's strongest individual that could exists in the world,
But still isn't the right person to change the world.
Because of his ideology and nature doesn't suit for him and someone like him will never be allowed to dominate the world and cause mass destruction in this type of story.
=> After all peace and freedom is the main subject of the show and Luffy is that embodiment, there's no boundaries set to him, you can talk equally with with whether you are his subordinates or not, he doesn't care if you're from another race, marines, rev, pirate etc. That person is the right person to change the world.

=> The whole clash between Kaido and Luffy is that embodiment of two people of different ideology, where the right person should be the
selected to shape the world.
The moment Kaido hears Luffy answer is when he slipped and get's overpowered. It is basically a battle of ideology where the better ones win.
But that punch is very important and could define end of the battle
It shows Kaido spirit got overwhelmed by Luffy dream and spirit.

I like how Oda shows their opposite personalities and goals here.
But the flashback length is ridiculous.
There should have been at least one full chapter not 4 pages. Most of the flashback's plot is narrated and almost nothing is shown.It's just frustrating at this point.

There were things I liked and didn’t like about this chapter. Can someone remind me if Kaido is the last of his race? I like the part of his flashback where his king sells him to the Navy. Vodka Kingdom can’t handle Kaido, but then where are the rest of Kaido’s race?

I didn’t like how Oda seemed to rush the Rock’s flashback. I am hoping that he will show us more later.

The CP-0 guy flying away from the inevitable clash made me laugh.

It was good to see everyone else! I liked the Hyori and Denjiro panel.

Momo is not anywhere near my favorite character, but I didn’t like how Oda drew a small panel of Momo pulling Onigashima out of the way.

Luffy’s punch looked great! At the same time I don’t understand why Oda said that Luffy punching his opponent won’t satisfy his audience. Did I read a mistranslated version of that interview?

Also I am confused about Kaido. He thinks he’s Joy Boy. Then he wants to become Joy Boy. Finally he recognizes that Joy Boy is the one who will beat him. Like he came to that conclusion during a flashback? Shouldn’t he have reach that conclusion during his fight with Luffy? Anyways King is too beautiful.

I am looking forward to post Onigashima now. There’s definitely a lot to learn. I am also afraid that Oda won’t deliver.