General & Others Explain your favourite character

Boa Hancock is undoubtedly one of the best female characters in the series. Most people complains about her attitude towards men and Luffy in general but I think it adds more to her personality rather than degrading her overall aspects of her traits.
This tbh.
There are many people who seems to dislike this type of character, like Boa Hancock (reasons you stated), Vivi (naivety), or Pudding (her attitude).
If anything, these girls have character depths, not just girls with generic personality, or become common Luffy's worshipper.
If anything, their wide range of expression and emotions are a plus.
People are just quick to judge that girls who's not instantly wet for them is bad. This is very, very wrong.

Zoro because he is chill, anime tends to make characters that way too exaggerated and emotional these days, I cant stand it. Characters like deku and bakugo just make me cringe. Anime needs more normal characters like zoro

Initially my favorite character was Sanji. His fighting style was the coolest to me, using only legs. I used to say he was stronger than Zoro simply because the first episode I saw was the one from Drum Island where Luffy and Sanji was carrying Nami to see a doctor and someone said those 2 were the strongest of the crew.

Not sure when my mind changed about Sanji. Probably Oda making him a joke in WCI and not relevant all timeskip.

But I also used to like Luffy a lot at time. In fact I didn't liked Zoro much because of his earrings. Then WCI came and Luffy got "one-shotted" by Big Mom and had a fake ass victory over Katakuri. I finally realized how weak Luffy and Sanji(that had a hard time against a hakiless pacific base Luffy post Cracker fight starving) were and how clean Zoro's fights were since timeskip.

It was natural, Zoro suddenly seemed much more stronger every time I looked back. He unlocking haki at Alabasta, Oda making sure no Yonko face Zoro with Shusui and then nerfing him with Enma. It was clear that Zoro was the goat. Therefore I became his fan.

I also like WhiteBeard and Kizaru. WB for both strength and personality(his scene when his son stabbed him is one of the best) and Kizaru for his potential(strongest DF) and easygoing personallity.

K
Sanji
First I didn’t like Sanji at all I love romance so I was all like no Mc gets fmc but then I Watched like all the Episodes I Sanji Became my favorite Just really like his personality Probably be the character I find the most like myself :sweat:

This a thread where you can explain why a certain character became your favourite. This should be a positive thread, so pls no power lvl discussions or negativity.
Explain why and how a character became your favourite!

I will start.
My favourite character is Zoro.
Back in 2004 when I watched One Piece on TV I fell in love with Zoro. I love swords and Zoro had this unique sword style. He impressed me with his willpower and his honour. The scene which sealed the deal for me was this moment.

He impressed not only Luffy but also me.
I knew that he was a badass character with honour and a kind heart. After that he became my favourite character in OP
+1

If anyone wants a more elaborate explanation, then check this thread out, if you wish.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ards-the-brilliant-sky-captain-tashigi.11388/

But needless to say, Tashigi, to me, is the most human and authentic One Piece character. There's an innate struggle she has to go through no other character does. She exhibits a lot of frustration, determination, passion, heartbreak throughout her time in the series. She received a healthy dose of reality upon entering the Grandline, and instead of a pity party, she continues to strive towards her dream, which has evolved alongside her.

Her scatterbrained clumsiness shows how one track minded she is in her goals. That being meito in general. Her sense of morality and self worth have been challenged most of all, maturing, though never being corrupted or fully discouraged by what she has had to witness and experienced. In the end, she has managed to touch the hearts of several simply for who she is and continues to be.
+1

Robin, well, because brains, maturity, and quiet elegance.

Jinbe, because of his Jinbe-ness. Plus, his chemistry with Robin is a delight.

My favorite is whatever one of the four is being featured. Sorry about the cop out. It is too hard to narrow it down to just one.

My fav, Doffy, has always been somewhat of an outlier to me in the sense that I see a kind of inner emotional complexity in him I wouldn't normally expect from Oda's characterisation. It's easy to gloss over it cause there are so many characters and he can't be the main focus outside his own arc, but there are lots of layers to him and he has a super interesting psychological profile. I imagine he'd be even more of a masterpiece in a seinen e.g. cause the genre has its restrictions. The most fascinating aspect is the combination of genuine care expressed in a destructive way (most notably towards Law/Cora) and trauma-induced chaotic behaviour. When the joker facade breaks and his true emotions show, we see him fully with his entitlement, child-like aspects, pain, grief, bitter cynicism yet also inner strength and intellect. He's a survivor. Oda often speaks through him to point out truths about the world, which give food for thought even outside of the series. No speeches in OP (to me) are more memorable than those of Doffy.

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Urouge, Sneak peak for chapter 1050
-in an AMAZING double page spread, Urouge unleashes his manly seed into Big Mom's deep bosom, we see a big haki clash in the sky