Theory Short Theory: The Cure to Smile Zoan Devil Fruit's Side Effects

Hey Guys another quick theory video to bring to you today

What if the cure to SMILE zoan side effects of laughing uncontrollably is seawater?

To begin, This can relate back to Gecko Moria’s ability being defeated by having a zombie swallow salt, and it may also be the case here. In fact, we know that there are a lot of parallels between the Wano arc and the Thriller bark arc.

Actually, it may be the case that SMILE Zoans were attempting to recreate Luffy’s fruit, with it being a ZOAN, and one of the ingredients for them being luminescent sunflowers, but was unable to successfully recreate it and a side effect is one of Luffy’s fruit’s properties which is smiling, laughing, or feeling good! The Nika name quite literally translates to Grin after all.

However, we know throughout the story of One Piece that a Devil Fruit’s weakness, including SMILE Zoans, is seawater, and no one dared to try it because they know that even if they had a failed SMILE devil fruit, they are still prone to the side effects of being unable to swim and drowning in seawater.

It may fit the theme of one not being able to leave the country and seawater and the ocean in general representing freedom, in this case, freedom from the side effects of this fruit as well.

One wouldn’t usually drink seawater anyways, unless they were swimming in the ocean, but they can’t because they are devil fruit eaters. Also, the sample size of SMILE zoans is not very decently sized and the fruits haven’t been around for a long time, so the probability of someone finding this solution yet may not be as high as it would seem.

I forgot about seastone and how it originated in the land of wano as well! This could also tie into this! Thanks for the input :)
I really like this theory.
It makes so much sense. I expect Oda to combine the SMILE cure with the general explanation on what devil fruits really are and how seastone and water play into this.

G

Gorosei Informer

Hey Guys another quick theory video to bring to you today

What if the cure to SMILE zoan side effects of laughing uncontrollably is seawater?

To begin, This can relate back to Gecko Moria’s ability being defeated by having a zombie swallow salt, and it may also be the case here. In fact, we know that there are a lot of parallels between the Wano arc and the Thriller bark arc.

Actually, it may be the case that SMILE Zoans were attempting to recreate Luffy’s fruit, with it being a ZOAN, and one of the ingredients for them being luminescent sunflowers, but was unable to successfully recreate it and a side effect is one of Luffy’s fruit’s properties which is smiling, laughing, or feeling good! The Nika name quite literally translates to Grin after all.

However, we know throughout the story of One Piece that a Devil Fruit’s weakness, including SMILE Zoans, is seawater, and no one dared to try it because they know that even if they had a failed SMILE devil fruit, they are still prone to the side effects of being unable to swim and drowning in seawater.

It may fit the theme of one not being able to leave the country and seawater and the ocean in general representing freedom, in this case, freedom from the side effects of this fruit as well.

One wouldn’t usually drink seawater anyways, unless they were swimming in the ocean, but they can’t because they are devil fruit eaters. Also, the sample size of SMILE zoans is not very decently sized and the fruits haven’t been around for a long time, so the probability of someone finding this solution yet may not be as high as it would seem.
This is some fantastic thinking and theorising, I love it! Dressrosa was rife with sunflowers, it had the sunflower fields ofc! The Smile factory was there too and Kaido was upset it got destroyed too! I remember seeing someone mention Kaido wanted Smiles because he was trying to replicate the Joyboy/Nika fruit and thats why we saw Caesar trying to create artificial Zoans/DFs too! The whole "Smiley" thing!

Sunflowers are definitely an underrated aspect and theme in One Piece, especially with how important the sun is and thus our "sun god and Son Wukong inspired Luffy" now too ofc!

Am I high or was Killer not dunked in water before
He was dunked in water yea, in Udon prison, but I don't know if it was ever confirmed to be seawater/salt-related
Post automatically merged:

This is some fantastic thinking and theorising, I love it! Dressrosa was rife with sunflowers, it had the sunflower fields ofc! The Smile factory was there too and Kaido was upset it got destroyed too! I remember seeing someone mention Kaido wanted Smiles because he was trying to replicate the Joyboy/Nika fruit and thats why we saw Caesar trying to create artificial Zoans/DFs too! The whole "Smiley" thing!

Sunflowers are definitely an underrated aspect and theme in One Piece, especially with how important the sun is and thus our "sun god and Son Wukong inspired Luffy" now too ofc!

Fun fact, this was Franky's shirt in Zou. The word "Hito" for human, and the O being the sun. Hito Hito no Mi, Model, well you know the rest :D.

G

Gorosei Informer

He was dunked in water yea, in Udon prison, but I don't know if it was ever confirmed to be seawater/salt-related
Post automatically merged:

Fun fact, this was Franky's shirt in Zou. The word "Hito" for human, and the O being the sun. Hito Hito no Mi, Model, well you know the rest :D.
Oh yes! I saw this come up in the community lately as "foreshadowing"!