Coronavirus : Pandemic Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
So, in addition to the heir to the throne now PM Boris Johnson also tested positive.... This is the kind of thing that induces panic in the citizens.
Nothing surprising here. Many people belonging to influential and rich class are getting this.

The whole Media giving too much Focus to it is because of its nature itself(also how contagious it became). It's not just a poor man's disease.

It doesn't discriminate between rich and poor.

Nothing surprising here. Many people belonging to influential and rich class are getting this.

The whole Media giving too much Focus to it is because of its nature itself(also how contagious it became). It's not just a poor man's disease.

It doesn't discriminate between rich and poor.
Yes, but when head of the state gets infected, it has both positive and negitive effect on human psyche. When a person who holds most important position in the nation and is given every protection there is , becomes infected then some people become even more terrified and their morale takes a hit, thinking of infection as something that is inevitable.

M

MD Zolo

Nah..

The rate is still around 3-4 % Because.

Out of 100 people, 80 % people are asymptomatic or mild symptoms that means even if they got covid they won't feel much so no need to hospitalize them. Its even hard to trace such people because they wont come to hospital for test as they hardly feel much.

So most active cases are those which include remaining 20% that is 20 people which needs treatment. Among them, around 3% people are critical.
Unfortunately, we can't be sure of that. I was watching Trevor Noah's interview of Anthony Fauci (the top infectious disease epidemiologist of USA) and he puts mortality rate at 1% of total infection.

Even 1% is massive. Even if your calculations are correct, that means a mortality rate of 0.6%. Now, if the 80% of the 180 million population in BD gets infected, that means 0.6% of 144 million will die, which equals almost 900 thousand people.

Let's not forget, during Spanish flue, ultimately biggest mortality came from the Indian subcontinent.

Reborn

Unfortunately, we can't be sure of that. I was watching Trevor Noah's interview of Anthony Fauci (the top infectious disease epidemiologist of USA) and he puts mortality rate at 1% of total infection.

Even 1% is massive. Even if your calculations are correct, that means a mortality rate of 0.6%. Now, if the 80% of the 180 million population in BD gets infected, that means 0.6% of 144 million will die, which equals almost 900 thousand people.

Let's not forget, during Spanish flue, ultimately biggest mortality came from the Indian subcontinent.
If you talk in absolute terms then yes there will be massive casualties.

However, it's not only Trump that is at fault.

From China, to European nations, to Asian countries to people, everyone played their role in this.

China didn't reveal info.

WHO didn't agree for travel restrictions on china in initial stage and even cleared china

European nations acted very lately especially regarding lockdown results into spreaders spreading virus around the globe.

Asian and Africa countries though acted immediately but they overlooked continuous monitoring of travelers from abroad

Even people despite lockdown continue to go out...

Let's accept it. We all have taken this lightly.

M

MD Zolo

From China, to European nations, to Asian countries to people, everyone played their role in this.

WHO didn't agree for travel restrictions on china in initial stage and even cleared china

European nations acted very lately especially regarding lockdown results into spreaders spreading virus around the globe.

Asian and Africa countries though acted immediately but they overlooked continuous monitoring of travelers from abroad

Yeah! We all did. I don't have a problem with what Trump did prior to now. But now, he wants to open America on Ester Day even though USA just surpassed China as the country with most infections.

That is just plain stupid. In any case, I am supposed to go to USA in next August if everything goes alright and I get a Visa. But this is not encouraging.

Reborn

Yeah! We all did. I don't have a problem with what Trump did prior to now. But now, he wants to open America on Ester Day even though USA just surpassed China as the country with most infections.

That is just plain stupid. In any case, I am supposed to go to USA in next August if everything goes alright and I get a Visa. But this is not encouraging.
If studies are correct then summer and rainy season would check it's spread.

So things should be under control by june.

However, what's worrisome is not corona. We will overcame it Sooner or later..

Problem is our approach. Corona has exposed health care system of whole World. It revealed that we aren't prepared to tackle such epidemics especially during globalization era.

Our lifestyle has to change. Our way of doing things at cost of nature has to change.

Also, we need to hold WHO and China accountable for what happened.

Corona is contagious but not so deadly.

Imagine what would happen, if someday a virus that is contagious like corona and deadly like Ebola came on to surface with Human to Human transmission... more than half of the population would be wiped out.

M

MD Zolo

If studies are correct then summer and rainy season would check it's spread.

So things should be under control by june.

However, what's worrisome is not corona. We will overcame it Sooner or later..

Problem is our approach. Corona has exposed health care system of whole World. It revealed that we aren't prepared to tackle such epidemics especially during globalization era.

Our lifestyle has to change. Our way of doing things at cost of nature has to change.

Also, we need to hold WHO and China accountable for what happened.

Corona is contagious but not so deadly.

Imagine what would happen, if someday a virus that is contagious like corona and deadly like Ebola came on to surface with Human to Human transmission... more than half of the population would be wiped out.
Nature has decided to counterattack. As usual, humanity still has no answer for nature. They don't have an answer for earthquakes, tsunamis, locust and virus. And they are unlikely to find one in the future.

But this infection is not gonna go away quickly I think. If humans can act as carriers to this disease, mouse can most likely also act as carriers. The virus will live on and infect the northern hemisphere in the upcoming winter.

I hope that a vaccine will be developed ready to go by that time.

Reborn

Nature has decided to counterattack. As usual, humanity still has no answer for nature. They don't have an answer for earthquakes, tsunamis, locust and virus. And they are unlikely to find one in the future.

But this infection is not gonna go away quickly I think. If humans can act as carriers to this disease, mouse can most likely also act as carriers. The virus will live on and infect the northern hemisphere in the upcoming winter.

I hope that a vaccine will be developed ready to go by that time.
Vaccine would take at least one and a half year (development, clearance, mass scale production and distribution)

And, there is no guarantee we can have a vaccine.

We don't have vaccine for cold, Flu, sars. Corona virus is Sars- Cov 2 which implies it's similar to sars. So in worst case, corona can become seasonal.

However, studies have revealed that corona virus isn't mutating or has very slow rate of mutation. This provides us opportunity to develop vaccine for it.

But still life won't be same after this. More than 3 Billion people are under lockdown as of now. And, rest are also more or less under some sort of restrictions or taking precautions. The mental Health of people under such fearful times that even going out can cost you your life is immense.

Poor and daily wage labourers are struggling to meet their daily requirements.

This situation is as worse as World wars we had.

And, it's all because of negligence on part of some..smh

M

MD Zolo

Vaccine would take at least one and a half year (development, clearance, mass scale production and distribution)

And, there is no guarantee we can have a vaccine.

We don't have vaccine for cold, Flu, sars. Corona virus is Sars- Cov 2 which implies it's similar to sars. So in worst case, corona can become seasonal.

However, studies have revealed that corona virus isn't mutating or has very slow rate of mutation. This provides us opportunity to develop vaccine for it.

But still life won't be same after this. More than 3 Billion people are under lockdown as of now. And, rest are also more or less under some sort of restrictions or taking precautions. The mental Health of people under such fearful times that even going out can cost you your life is immense.

Poor and daily wage labourers are struggling to meet their daily requirements.

This situation is as worse as World wars we had.

And, it's all because of negligence on part of some..smh
Actually we do have vaccine for flu and it has to be administered annually because influenza virus changes too rapidly. The vaccines are available annually because the researchers have already anticipated the changed virus and made vaccines accordingly.

There are so many different approaches to vaccine that making an effective vaccine is always feasible. You can use attenuated virus, dead virus, virus surface protein or even viral genetic material (means in this case) to trigger our immune system. That being said, you are right that we don't yet have an agreed upon effective vaccine for HIV and SARS.

My junior doing his PhD at University of Nebraska Medical Center said that they found a total 48 mutations in clinical isolates of nCOV-2019 but these aren't very significant function-wise. So, mutations ARE happening, but alteration of function hasn't taken place yet. We can't be sure how long will that last.

Ultimately, it is the goal of every virus to become commensal with the host. For example, there are two types of HIV - HIV-1 and HIV-2. But HIV-2 is less virulent and therefore it has less chance of being destroyed. So, we will win against nCOV-19.

But I am horrified to see the true color of people. For all of our civility and other things, we are savages and Heath Ledger's Joker was right to the point.

H

Homelander

Exactly my case , entire time WHO acted like puppet of Xi Jinping . WHO needs whole sale reform and china needs more transparency by removing Xi Jinping from his throne simple as fact.

Reborn

Italy recorded highest ever deaths in 24 hours period - 919 damn that's really sad

Spain also recorded it's highest number of deaths within 24 hours period - above 750+

USA has now more than I lakh active corona virus cases

Damn situation is getting worse with each day....

H

Homelander

Italy recorded highest ever deaths in 24 hours period - 919 damn that's really sad

Spain also recorded it's highest number of deaths within 24 hours period - above 750+

USA has now more than I lakh active corona virus cases

Damn situation is getting worse with each day....
No need to panic , usa is running mass testing that is the only way you can save people.

For Italy god save them but the good news is recovery rate will be high in incoming days hopefully by mid april things will go stable. People must stay at home they are foolishly violating lockdown .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.