Anime Discussion Made in Abyss

For everyone who wants to discuss the beautiful anime adaptation of Made in Abyss: this thread is for you!

Which colour whistle would you have in this world? What do you think will be at the bottom of the abyss? Are there sinister games going on between the White Whistles? And what kind of crazy artifacts are left to be found in the depths of the abyss?

Enjoy! And let’s hope for the continuation of this anime in the near future!

lol, so it was just one scene?
Was actually a female friend who told me about this, and to me it sounded like that was a reoccurring theme.. xD

I might consider starting it, then!
Hahah no worries, you’re really missing out on a great story if you’re skipping this one. Nothing about it was made with malicious intent! It’s true that it is a little bit suggestive at some times, but it didn’t really bother me.

Ah yes... Made in Abyss... A Anime that looked like it was for children crushed my whole view of the world after episode 9.

In fact this anime is so good it made me read the manga of it too. Jesus this anime is the personification of depression and horror. I love it!

Anyone that didn't watch this anime which aired in 2017? GO DO IT.

Not only does this anime has beautiful visuals that reminds me of ghibli sometimes, but it has a wonderful line up of soundtracks created by kevin penkin.

Here few examples:

And one of my favourite scenes in combo with the music:

Here are few Should you Watch Made in Abyss videos:
Rest in Peace Mitty.. poor Nanachi. :josad:

Last edited:
Wait what? Really? Is there any example of his pedophilic preferences?
Yeah he retweets lolicon/shotacon fan art of his characters all the time.

And the inside covers of the volumes are literally things like young Mitty playing with her breasts. So you can’t tell me that’s “necessary for the plot.”

The anime tones it down A LOT but there’s very obviously appeals to some WEIRD fetishes in MiA.

I don’t support this series for the same reason I don’t support Ruroni Kenshin. I also personally don’t think the characters or their dynamics are good enough to justify separating the author from the story in this instance.

Yeah he retweets lolicon/shotacon fan art of his characters all the time.

And the inside covers of the volumes are literally things like young Mitty playing with her breasts. So you can’t tell me that’s “necessary for the plot.”

The anime tones it down A LOT but there’s very obviously appeals to some WEIRD fetishes in MiA.

I don’t support this series for the same reason I don’t support Ruroni Kenshin. I also personally don’t think the characters or their dynamics are good enough to justify separating the author from the story in this instance.
Okay thats super gross. But he doesn't show it in his manga right? I haven't encountered any pedophilic moment in there. Now I am really thinking of quitting this series too. Damn. But the anime should at least censor this bs right? So I might still stick to the anime then.
Post automatically merged:

Okay thats super gross. But he doesn't show it in his manga right? I haven't encountered any pedophilic moment in there. Now I am really thinking of quitting this series too. Damn. But the anime should at least censor this bs right? So I might still stick to the anime then.
Damn how can an anime with such good plot have so much dirty stuff going on behind the scenes? :josad:

Yeah the anime will definitely censor it so if you’re going to consume it go there. Also, to see pedophilic content, literally just read the first chapter. Riko getting strung up naked in the first chapter is incredibly gratuitous.

Yeah unfortunately it seems like a lot of creative geniuses particularly when it comes to horror-y content are really messed up people themselves. Lovecraft in particular comes to mind. Ughhhhh
I can still recommend watching the anime season 1 and the movie of it here though, since these were not having any pedophilic content as far as I know.

So guys, its safe to watch. Just don't read the manga or follow this creators twitter. :optimistic: