Who is worse Nami or Sakara

Who is worse Nami or Sakara?

• Total voters
I remember Sakara used to get clowned on hard during the Naruto days and I took part of that clowning too but comparing Sakara to post time skip Nami I think is an insult to Sakara lol. As bad as Sakara was, post time skip Nami is worse. Sakara at least was a medical ninja who had great healing abilities, played an integral part in defeating Sasori, saved Kankuro, was useful in the war, etc. But Nami? Oda reduced her down to minors now playing with her naked breasts.

Nami has:
  • An actual backstory and flashback, Sakura has neither in the manga
  • A significant role overall, the Strawhats wouldn't have made it anywhere without her being the navigator, compare that to Sakura who's suppose to be an amazing medic that is invaluable and yet she never saves anyone of relevance (Kankuro isn't relevant), even Chopper is more vital as a doctor than she is
  • An actual dream, Sakura's dream seems to be wishing she was equal to Naruto/Sasuke which is just a sad insecurity
  • Actual one versus one fights in the manga, Sakura never had even one
  • A unique and interesting moveset and way of fighting, Sakura just punches things really hard
  • And best of all, Nami doesn't have some weird annoying obsession with another character like Sakura does for Sasuke
Pre-Shippuden Sakura is probably the worst main female manga character that exists and she only gets slightly better in Shippuden, the insult here is saying that Nami's anywhere near as bad a character as Sakura is.

Nami has:
  • A significant role overall, the Strawhats wouldn't have made it anywhere without her being the navigator, compare that to Sakura who's suppose to be an amazing medic that is invaluable and yet she never saves anyone of relevance (Kankuro isn't relevant), even Chopper is more vital as a doctor than she is
  • An actual dream, Sakura's dream seems to be wishing she was equal to Naruto/Sasuke which is just a sad insecurity
  • A unique and interesting moveset and way of fighting, Sakura just punches things really hard
  • And best of all, Nami doesn't have some weird annoying obsession with another character like Sakura does for Sasuke
Pre-Shippuden Sakura is probably the worst main female manga character that exists and she only gets slightly better in Shippuden, the insult here is saying that Nami's anywhere near as bad a character as Sakura is.
  • You don't need a flashback to be a good character or in this case a less worse character.
  • Her navigation skills are now completely useless with the use of Vivre cards and Jimbei joining the crew. Literally Bartolemo had no navigator in his crew.
  • Nami dream was talked about once pretime skip and never spoken again, some dream that is. If you aren't going to develop that dream then it is a badly written dream.
  • You don't need a one v one to be a less worse character. And Sakara did have a 1 v 1 with that other annoying chick I forgot her name.
  • Yes you're right Nami doesn't have an obsession with another character but Sakara also isn't overly sexualized and have babies grabbing on her naked breasts. Which one is worse to you? I pick the later.
  • I agree pretime skip Sakara is worse than pretime skip Nami by a mile but post time skip Nami she is by far worse than Sakara post time skip.

• You don't need a flashback to be a good character or in this case a less worse character.
  • Her navigation skills are now completely useless with the use of Vivre cards and Jimbei joining the crew. Literally Bartolemo had no navigator in his crew.
  • Nami dream was talked about once pretime skip and never spoken again, some dream that is. If you aren't going to develop that dream then it is a badly written dream.
  • You don't need a one v one to be a less worse character. And Sakara did have a 1 v 1 with that other annoying chick I forgot her name.
  • Yes you're right Nami doesn't have an obsession with another character but Sakara also isn't overly sexualized and have babies grabbing on her naked breasts. Which one is worse to you? I pick the later.
  • I agree pretime skip Sakara is worse than pretime skip Nami by a mile but post time skip Nami she is by far worse than Sakara post time skip.
  • Yes you do need a backstory to be a good character, why do you think people are shitting on Kaido as a character as of late? Because his backstory and flashback was literally terrible.
  • Jinbe is the helmsman, not the navigator, one steers and controls the ship the other plots the course which is crucial in the grandline where freak weather and other phenomenon exists.
  • Almost all the SH's haven't focused on or talked about their dream since the PTS, mostly because they're focused on having Luffy fulfil his dream, that doesn't make them bad characters, having a defined dream >>>>> having a shit insecurity masked as a dream.
  • Having main 1v1 fights in a Shonen is very crucial, and you're right about the 1v1 thing, I forgot she fought Ino in the Chunin Exams.
  • Sakura's obsession for Sasuke is far worse than a few gag scenes, the former literally ruined the manga for many people and is one of the main reasons why people think Kishimoto can't write female characters for shit.
  • Hard disagree, Nami is all round a far better character than Sakura, and even so, post-timeskip Naruto has finished, post-timeskip One Piece hasn't.

• Yes you do need a backstory to be a good character, why do you think people are shitting on Kaido as a character as of late? Because his backstory and flashback was literally terrible.
  • Jinbe is the helmsman, not the navigator, one steers and controls the ship the other plots the course which is crucial in the grandline where freak weather and other phenomenon exists.
  • Almost all the SH's haven't focused on or talked about their dream since the PTS, mostly because they're focused on having Luffy fulfil his dream, that doesn't make them bad characters, having a defined dream >>>>> having a shit insecurity masked as a dream.
  • Having main 1v1 fights in a Shonen is very crucial, and you're right about the 1v1 thing, I forgot she fought Ino in the Chunin Exams.
  • Sakura's obsession for Sasuke is far worse than a few gag scenes, the former literally ruined the manga for many people and is one of the main reasons why people think Kishimoto can't write female characters for shit.
  • Hard disagree, Nami is all round a far better character than Sakura, and even so, post-timeskip Naruto has finished, post-timeskip One Piece hasn't.
I will reply back to this tomorrow since it is night night time for me now, but I will say quickly that Crocodile has no backstory and he is a great character. And the one that plots the course is the vivre card not Nami. And Jinbei is a fishman so he has a much better feel of the seas than Nami ever could.

Nami has:
Also nami isn't a mini clone of a better character (tsunade).

I should have first polled if you guys actually think Nami is a bad character because if you guys don't think she is bad character then there is definitely a problem here.

If we talking usefulness:
  • who helped luffy against craker and big mom army She had the right abilities for these fights.
  • she made zeus her slave,Also she much more character moments than Sakura
  • Sakura does two things punch hard and heal something that many other characters can do.

Also nami never had the moment that Sakura had when she said "I'm finely caught up to you two" don't think any moment in history of manga/anime made the internet roll their eyes as hard than this moment,Nami just has more better moments, her own arc is great,she wasn't useless/annoying for the first 244 chapters like Sakura was,didnt make the main character feel guilty for not bring back her crush.

Last edited:
I don't think characters matter at all in one piece...except Jesus Christ. I mean oda doesn't even care about talking about characters anyway...just using them for plot if and when needed.

thats completely wrong.
It's not..its a fact. One piece is not a character-driven story....Even the MC, Unlike Naruto...came into the plot prepared...he trained and joined and became a pirate after training for 17 years(same for Ace too). Of course, we already knew Luffy is going to be some kind of Jesus for the plot. In the end, Luffy as a character doesn't matter...The last time I remember some kind of conflict was in drum island where Vivi steps in...but that did not even matter at all... Oda wants to finish the story with how Luffy is....pretty much a goofy brat....Earlier it used to workout...but now it's not...and at that time...he breaks his character makes him serious at times and then the next moment makes it comedic(seemingly it's his sense of humor...good joke oda)...in the end I see oda's writing changing to suit situations not characters or the larger story(which is not there actually).

It's not..its a fact. One piece is not a character-driven story....Even the MC, Unlike Naruto...came into the plot prepared...he trained and joined and became a pirate after training for 17 years(same for Ace too)
why does having a character being a credible fighter at the begining at his journy make it a character drivin story.
. Of course, we already knew Luffy is going to be some kind of Jesus for the plot.
um dont you remeber what happen at the end of naruto he literally became ninja Jesus, no we didnt know.
The last time I remember some kind of conflict was in drum island where Vivi steps in
um what about alabasta,water 7,Sabaody Archipelago,marineford saga.
It's not..its a fact. One piece is not a character-driven story....Even the MC, Unlike Naruto...came into the plot prepared...he trained and joined and became a pirate after training for 17 years(same for Ace too). Of course, we already knew Luffy is going to be some kind of Jesus for the plot. In the end, Luffy as a character doesn't matter...The last time I remember some kind of conflict was in drum island where Vivi steps in...but that did not even matter at all... Oda wants to finish the story with how Luffy is....pretty much a goofy brat....Earlier it used to workout...but now it's not...and at that time...he breaks his character makes him serious at times and then the next moment makes it comedic(seemingly it's his sense of humor...good joke oda)...in the end I see oda's writing changing to suit situations not characters or the larger story(which is not there actually).
This whole thing reads like its just how you think characters should be writin and grow and you think theres only one way for a story
to be a character motivated story but for me a character motivated plot is if the story moves forwed by the character choices but just limiting stories with rules that you beleive are right thats just limiting story telling.