Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. I skipped this thread for a few days thought it would be smarter, only for it to be dumber
:ihaha:

“LuFf¥ d!dNt f!6hT f0r Y4m@t0. He f0u6hT f0r MoM0 T4m4 K!n3m0N P3dR0”

Luffy fought for Vivi during Alabasta arc and guess who joined and who didn’t join? Exactly

I seriously can’t believe that someone can think that Luffy will straight up believe and fight for the daughter of the main antagonist he’s said he would beat hundreds chapters ago, whom he knew less than a day, in a raid. When I thought someone couldn’t get stupider only for him to remove my doubt. Learn to count properly first before making some other dumber argument; at least you could look smarter by (finally) counting correctly

:risitavirus::rolaugh:

Exactly Pedro cant fight the good fight for his people and he sacrificed himself for Luffy and crew to escape
Let's go through every single character Luffy mentioned, shall we?

- Pedro accomplished every goal he had in WCI. He went there knowing he would die, but he made the most out of what little time he had left. His main goal was to save Sanji and get everyone else out of there safely. That's exactly what he ended up doing. He died with no regrets

- Momo was actively doing everything he could to support the Alliance. He didn't take on a combat role because that's not what he excels at. Instead he rallied the samurai and saved everyone by catching Onigashima. Momo was fighting, albeit in his own way

- Tama snuck into Ongashima to support the Alliance. She made dozens of gifters change sides and she played a major role in turning the tides of battle. She was fighting for the sake of Wano. However Luffy didn't know this so I'll give you a pass on this one

- Kinemon is the leader of the Scabbards who has been there protecting Momo and giving his all ever since Luffy met him in Punk Hazard. Even when he "died" he did so while intending to save Momo and Shinobu, which he did

All of these characters needed Luffy to beat Kaido. And guess who else did? Yamato
I don't understand how Yamato's situation is somehow inherently different than the four characters Luffy mentioned

Its like you can't read

No one other than Kaido has ever mentioned this guardian. Kaido wanted it to be his guardian, its not mentioned to be Wano's guardian by anyone in wano
Cause Kaido's the only (living) major character who
1. Knew Yamato before Onigashima
2. Was familiar with her Devil Fruit
Like yeah no shit only Kaido would mention Yamato's fruit being Wano's guardian

Wano was fucked by Kaido... and again there will be no other Kaido coming along

We aren't dealing in what ifs, only facts
And the fact of the matter is Wano has been saved and Greenbull is targeting Luffy, the world government has been ordered to pull out of the invasion since the borders are still closed

Once Luffy leaves Wano the country is no longer under threat by an invader, not to mention Greenbull is inadvertently restoring Wano's wastelands and removing the remaining beast pirates

Doing more good for the country than anything

My guy, the Gorosei tried to send a fleet of CP0 ships there earlier and only called them off because they thought an invasion would be impossible. In the same chapter that they say this, Ryokugyu proves them wrong by casually getting into Wano and then calls in a battleship to back him up. Yes he's there for Luffy, but don't you think that this proves how unprotected Wano actually is? What makes you think the Gorosei won't ever try to take Wano again, especially considering how easy it would be for them with Greenbull
Wano needs a guardian, at least until the day where it's safe enough for Momo to open Wano's borders

Wano needs a guardian, at least until the day where it's safe enough for Momo to open Wano's borders
Yes, Peenis. I wholeheartedly agree that Wano needs the good protectors.

but I am certain that this is the job of Denjiro / Kinemon / Raizo / Kiku / Kawamatsu / Inu / Neko / other Mink Tribe warriors / etc

not Yamato, who said multiple times that she wanted to go out of this country ^____^

Then who do you wanna join ?

- Pedro accomplished every goal he had in WCI. He went there knowing he would die, but he made the most out of what little time he had left. His main goal was to save Sanji and get everyone else out of there safely. That's exactly what he ended up doing. He died with no regrets

- Momo was actively doing everything he could to support the Alliance. He didn't take on a combat role because that's not what he excels at. Instead he rallied the samurai and saved everyone by catching Onigashima. Momo was fighting, albeit in his own way

- Tama snuck into Ongashima to support the Alliance. She made dozens of gifters change sides and she played a major role in turning the tides of battle. She was fighting for the sake of Wano. However Luffy didn't know this so I'll give you a pass on this one

- Kinemon is the leader of the Scabbards who has been there protecting Momo and giving his all ever since Luffy met him in Punk Hazard. Even when he "died" he did so while intending to save Momo and Shinobu, which he did

All of these characters needed Luffy to beat Kaido. And guess who else did? Yamato
I don't understand how Yamato's situation is somehow inherently different than the four characters Luffy mentioned

My guy, the Gorosei tried to send a fleet of CP0 ships there earlier and only called them off because they thought an invasion would be impossible. In the same chapter that they say this, Ryokugyu proves them wrong by casually getting into Wano and then calls in a battleship to back him up. Yes he's there for Luffy, but don't you think that this proves how unprotected Wano actually is? What makes you think the Gorosei won't ever try to take Wano again, especially considering how easy it would be for them with Greenbull

*spends more than two decades watching Wano suffer while holding a promise to defend it when the time comes.
Yamato: "Hi Luffy, I want to board your ship after Wano is freed."

*learns that Momo, who's important to the Dawn, is alive and offers her life to protect him.
Yamato: "That's right, Kaido. I'm going out to sea with Luffy."

*babysits Momo for dozens of chapters and hears him whine about Wano's borders being unprotected.
Yamato: "Nice to meet you, I'll be joining your crew."

*stays a whole week in Wano mainland while also having the guardian deity fruit that was relevant for 2 pages
Yamato: "Luffy, you're up! I didn't have any food or baths until you were better."

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
*spends more than two decades watching Wano suffer while holding a promise to defend it when the time comes.

*learns that Momo, who's important to the Dawn, is alive and offers her life to protect him.

*babysits Momo for dozens of chapters and hears him whine about Wano's borders being unprotected.

*stays a whole week in Wano mainland while also having the guardian deity fruit that was relevant for 2 pages
Yamato: "Luffy, you're up! I didn't have any food or baths until you were better."
This is exactly why all of these theories are grasping at straws at best (so to speak). Yamato joining is basically shoved into the faces of the reader, and Oda isn't exactly known for suddenly pulling out incredible "GOTCHA!!!!!" moments, as we've seen in Wano so far which has been played basically completely straight. Any other character being "eligible" has to either ignore a lot of information present in the manga to work, or basically make up stuff by pulling out supposed hints from 2 or 3 panels, and we've seen how theories like that have ended :lawsigh:

The thing besides that Yamato is the daughter of the main antagonist, Luffy was quite surprised yet happy that Yamato was able to stall Kaido by herself; nobody came close to that.

Momo Tama Kinemon are very much hopeless against Kaido, that’s why Luffy fought for them. Yet in the end Luffy asked Momo not to tell anything to Wano citizens that Luffy was the one who beat Kaido. Pedro on the other hand, sacrificed himself for Luffy to escape WCI.

Luffy said “thanks! We owe you big time!” means that Luffy finally acknowledged Yamato’s worth. Yamato was not that helpless for Luffy to fight for her; not like the 4 Luffy mentioned.

I mean, c’mon. Can’t somebody understand even the simplest, most basic logic?

Yes, Peenis. I wholeheartedly agree that Wano needs the good protectors.

but I am certain that this is the job of Denjiro / Kinemon / Raizo / Kiku / Kawamatsu / Inu / Neko / other Mink Tribe warriors / etc

not Yamato, who said multiple times that she wanted to go out of this country ^____^
They failed last time with Kaido
They’d fail again with an admiral
Post automatically merged:

All of that and yet Luffy didn’t care about her getting chained up and beaten for 20 years
Post automatically merged:

Then who do you wanna join ?
Most likely either Tama or no one

ok ie come to understand you are slecting what you read and have limited comprehession on ppl responses baised on your own understanding

So last time
4 ppl no fight for them selves no more, Momo no brave enough, cant beat BIG Dragon, Pedro make sacrifice, Luffy sad, Tama hungry, Luffy give her food, Tama want more but no have more, Luffy mad, Kinemon no beat BIG Dragon, Kinemon hurt, Luffy mad more

Yamato no try to beat BIG Dragon, she believe in Rubber man

Rubber man remember emotions, rubber man recalls people

Yamato devil fruit no mention by Hyogoro, man who should know about guardian... guardian not really Wano guardian Yamato no to stay

I tried having a normal conversation but seems like you dont understand genuine conversation
Tama is not joining her life remains in Wano, she hasnt mention wanting to go out to sea since she found out Ace died... why?
Because she wanted to go out with Ace not just go out to sea

Where as Yamato wanted to leave with Ace and meet Luffy but once Ace died her conviction switched from wanting to meet Luffy to joining him

with that I'm ending the conversation because there is no progress in idioticly circling the same conversation

Tama is not joining her life remains in Wano, she hasnt mention wanting to go out to sea since she found out Ace died... why?
Because she wanted to go out with Ace not just go out to sea

Where as Yamato wanted to leave with Ace and meet Luffy but once Ace died her conviction switched from wanting to meet Luffy to joining him
Tbh that says a lot about the two.
Tama hasn't tried to force Ace's promise to bring her along onto Luffy despite bonding with him, and after learning about their relationship she felt bad about how bringing him up like that at the beginning must have hurt Luffy.
Yamato used Ace's promise to simply meet again, as well as invoking Oden parallels, as a pretext to demand (not ask) Luffy to let her join the moment they met, and has repeatedly claimed she'll be sailing with the Straw Hats even though Luffy never once actually said yes.

I think Ace was right about how Yamato should be her own captain, and feel this could at worst be a Rocks-esque situation brewing if she joins. There's a major underlying issue with her previous disrespect for Luffy's actual will and authority as captain. Usopp (more jokingly) and Robin (more seriously) were in a similar situation with how they joined, and it took many arcs for that to resolve and them to become true Straw Hats.

Yamato has invoked Oden's situation as a reason for her joining, but one thing not brought up is how his ride out of the country Whitebeard had similar misgivings about him and his independence...and in the end Oden "temporarily" left Whitebeard to sail with Roger and never met him again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.