Who is worse Nami or Sakara

Who is worse Nami or Sakara?

• Total voters
Yep, I knew it, I should have first created a poll asking if Nami is a bad character because obviously based on yall comments you guys actually think she is a good character. The fanboyism in the One Piece community is something else.
lmao dude you do realize half of us here were naruto fans right

I agree with you, especially the bold part. Imo, Kaneki was the one who drove the plot instead of the plot driving him.

True, boring is very subjective but I had to thing for something at the whim. Bland would be better I guess, or one dimensional written? I dunno.

But I also agree with bold part.
So using those definitions why do you think post time skip Nami is a good character? She isn't complex, her character doesn't drive the plot, she is very one dimensional.

Dude, for a second I thought you were defending Sakura. Then I apologise for accusing you having shit tasted then.
Lol all good. I am not trying to defend Sakara, she is probably one of the three worst characters I have read in all of the mangas I have read, but post time skip Nami has been that bad which is why I am comparing the two. Pretime skip Nami is fine and I liked her but post time skip is night and day.
Post automatically merged:

lmao dude you do realize half of us here were naruto fans right
@Roo What does that have anything to do with my post? Congratulations that you are Naruto fans? That has nothing to do with my post.

So using those definitions why do you think post time skip Nami is a good character? She isn't complex, her character doesn't drive the plot, she is very one dimensional.

Lol all good. I am not trying to defend Sakara, she is probably one of the three worst characters I have read in all of the mangas I have read, but post time skip Nami has been that bad which is why I am comparing the two. Pretime skip Nami is fine and I liked her but post time skip is night and day.

@Roo What does that have anything to do with my post? Congratulations that you are Naruto fans? That has nothing to do with my post.
The fanboyism in the One Piece community is something else. .

You really can’t set the bar much lower than Sakura. One of the worst written, most overrated female protagonists in anime period

Kishimoto sucks when it comes to writing females. Minus a few exceptions, he always regulates them to either healers or baby-makers and he does a consistently poor job at providing character development or involvement in the story for them compared to males.

This wouldn’t be a problem if the series really had it so that it was only the men that fought in wars and did the ninja profession while the women specialized in other things but with the number of female ninja he throws in that we are supposed to believe are trained fighters but with nothing to actually show for it, it just makes them look incompetent.

I can’t believe some of the arguments here like Nami having huge tits and gags involving them are somehow a knock down on her being a stronger female than a girl whose entire personality is defined by her lusting over a guy who thinks nothing of her while at the same time having no conviction whatsoever to ever grow a spine and stand up to him for all the screwed up things he does.

Nami is a self-made woman. That alone puts her above nearly ever major Naruto female who either have no notable goals that drive their character or whose goals and entire character revolve around a man (Sakura for Sasuke and later Naruto, Hinata to Naruto, Karin to Sasuke, Tsunade for her dead lover, Konan to Nagato, etc.)

Sakura backing out from her previous resolve at killing Sasuke at the critical moment after being nothing but a burden who was actively sabotaging things for others that entire arc killed any hope she had of redeeming herself.

Last edited:
That comment has absolutely nothing to do with whether the people on here like Naruto.

You really can’t set the bar much lower than Sakura. One of the worst written, most overrated female protagonists in anime period

Kishimoto sucks when it comes to writing females. Minus a few exceptions, he always regulates them to either healers or baby-makers and he does a consistently poor job at providing character development or involvement in the story for them compared to males.

This wouldn’t be a problem if the series really had it so that it was only the men that fought in wars and did the ninja profession while the women specialized in other things but with the number of female ninja he throws in that we are supposed to believe are trained fighters but with nothing to actually show for it, it just makes them look incompetent.

I can’t believe some of the arguments here like Nami having huge tits and gags involving them are somehow a knock down on her being a stronger female than a girl whose entire personality is defined by her lusting over a guy who thinks nothing of her while at the same time having no conviction whatsoever to ever grow a spine and stand up to him for all the screwed up things he does.

Nami is a self-made woman. That alone puts her above nearly ever major Naruto female who either have no notable goals that drive their character or whose goals and entire character revolve around a man (Sakura for Sasuke and later Naruto, Hinata to Naruto, Karin to Sasuke, Tsunade for her dead lover, Konan to Nagato, etc.)

Sakura backing out from her previous resolve at killing Sasuke at the critical moment after being nothing but a burden who was actively sabotaging things for others that entire arc killed any hope she had of redeeming herself.
I find it funny, that everything you just said about Kishi can be applied to Oda and yet you didn't, which goes back to my earlier point about the level of fanboyism on here. "Baby makers" really? Did you not read Toki? A person from the void century reduced down to a baby making machine for Oden? Both Oda and Kishi are terrible at writing female characters and yet here you are only discussing Kishi ineptness. There are good female characters in Naruto dude: Konan, Tsundae, Granny Chiyo, Kushina, Karui.

Nami is a "self-made woman"? Really? She is useless, one dimensional, fanservice, gag character that Oda even trolls on when he had Bartolomeo successfully travel the seas without a navigator. Just goes to show how useless her title is but here yall are, stroking away and not realizing your extreme biases.

Last edited:
That comment has absolutely nothing to do with whether the people on here like Naruto.

I find it funny, that everything you just said about Kishi can be applied to Oda and yet you didn't, which goes back to my earlier point about the level of fanboyism on here. "Baby makers" really? Did you not read Toki? A person from the void century reduced down to a baby making machine for Oden? Both Oda and Kishi are terrible at writing female characters and yet here you are only discussing Kishi ineptness. There are good female characters in Naruto dude: Konan, Tsundae, Granny Chiyo, Kushina, Karui.

Nami is a "self-made woman"? Really? She is useless, one dimensional, fanservice, gag character that Oda even trolls on when he had Bartolomeo successfully travel the seas without a navigator. Just goes to show how useless her title is but here yall are, stroking away and not realizing your extreme biases.
Yeah the other guy is wrong about naruto female characters but I wouldn't put karui with that group she beat up naruto and married choji that's all, alot of fans when seeing her with choji thought "who's that? Oh thats the ninja from the Cloud Village that's random".
But you also have extreme bais against nami ,there's fights that luffy actually needed her pacific abilities/tools to defeat his opponent and not like Sakura who was just the closest healer or the only other ninja around and Sakura was very easy to dislike in part one and shippuden didn't really help that much her stupid crush on Sasuke really hurt her likeability and character but nami has nothing like that but she had a great character arc in east blue and there nothing really after east blue pre-ts that diminished her character post-ts alot hasnt been the best for nami but she had good moments scattered around especially wci, gags dont take away the great stuff we have gotten from nami.

Also the only reason Bartolomeo crew was still alive it's because of bartos DF fruit.

Last edited:
but it does, you're accusing people of having fanboy goggles when it comes to nami but the reality is that a lot of people here are also fans of Naruto and still don't like Sakura

Even during peak Naruto years Sakura was universally hated lol
So much biased One Piece fanboy here that 63% of people voted that HxH is a better series than One Piece in the "HxH vs One Piece" thread lol. If any as far as One Piece communities go this site is one of the most critical of the series and the characters.
Dude is the biased one but he refuses to see it lol

Yeah the other guy is wrong about naruto female characters but I wouldn't put karui with that group she beat up naruto and married choji that's all, alot of fans when seeing her with choji thought "who's that? Oh thats the ninja from the Cloud Village that's random".
But you also have extreme bais against nami ,there's fights that luffy actually needed her pacific abilities/tools to defeat his opponent and not like Sakura who was just the closest healer or the only other ninja around and Sakura was very easy to dislike in part one and shippuden didn't really help that much her stupid crush on Sasuke really hurt her likeability and character but nami has nothing like that but she had a great character arc in east blue and there nothing really after east blue pre-ts that diminished her character post-ts alot hasnt been the best for nami but she had good moments scattered around especially wci, gags take away the great stuff we have gotten from nami.

Also the only reason Bartolomeo crew was still alive it's because of bartos DF fruit.
I am not talking about Baruto. I can careless about Baruto. I am only discussing what happened in the Naruto manga, not Boruto. ALso, I am talking about post time skip Nami, not pretime skip. I agree pretime skip Nami was a good character and infintely better than Sakara, but post time skip she is as bad or even worse than Sakura.

but it does, you're accusing people of having fanboy goggles when it comes to nami but the reality is that a lot of people here are also fans of Naruto and still don't like Sakura

Even during peak Naruto years Sakura was universally hated lol
@Roo Nope, nope, nope. That isn't how it works. People can still have fanboy goggles on for Nami and still like Naruto. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. That is exactly why I asked the other dude on here to first DEFINE what he thinks a good character is and once he defined what a good character is, I used his definition to show him why I believe he is biased against Nami.

Also, I don't understand why you guys keep saying Sakura is hated. For the hundredth time, duh she is hated, I hate her too but I am trying to open a debate about post time skip Nami who has been just as bad as Sakura. The fact that you guys keep saying how much Sakura is hated is just further proof of yall biases because you guys still don't even understand my question. All you guys saw was Sakara and then you guys automatically put on your "fanboy googles" and quickly wanted to talk about how trash Sakara was but yet I don't see anyone on here talking about how bad Nami is. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder why? :quest:

So much biased One Piece fanboy here that 63% of people voted that HxH is a better series than One Piece in the "HxH vs One Piece" thread lol. If any as far as One Piece communities go this site is one of the most critical of the series and the characters.
Dude is the biased one but he refuses to see it lol
Just because people voted HxH over OP on here doesn't mean they still don't hold any biases, Einstein. Like come on, put up a better argument than that dude.

I might be bias, you are right but I have yet to see any compelling argument on here about Nami being a good character. People on here saying "Nami is a self made woman"? Lmfao, and you are saying I am bias?

LMAO. Sakura It's one of the worst characters ever written in a Manga/Anime
Why? Why do you guys keep saying this lmao. For the hundredth time, I agree that Sakura is the worst character ever written in Manga HOWEVER I believe Nami post time skip is just as bad as Sakura hence why I created the thread.

Last edited:
I am not talking about Baruto. I can careless about Baruto. I am only discussing what happened in the Naruto manga, not Boruto.
When did I brought up boruto and before you say karui married to choji we saw that in the last chapter of shippuden.
I agree pretime skip Nami was a good character and infintely better than Sakara, but post time skip she is as bad or even worse than Nami.
Nope nami hasn't done anything to pass off the fans not like Sakura and she doesn't have a annoying plot line like Sakura has with Sasuke that the fans didn't care for and made fans hate her for it nami had alot of good moments in wci, Sakura had moments to make her be hated but nami hasn't post-timeskip, she may haven't been looked good in alot of pre ts but still has had genuine character moments but Sakuras character moments feel cringe or forced.

When did I brought up boruto and before you say karui married to choji we saw that in the last chapter of shippuden.
Last chapter of Naruto was basically Baruto promotion thus why I wasn't talking about that.

Nope nami hasn't done anything to pass off the fans not like Sakura and she doesn't have a annoying plot line like Sakura has with Sasuke that the fans didn't care for and made fans hate her for it nami had alot of good moments in wci, Sakura had moments to make her be hated but nami hasn't post-timeskip, she may haven't been looked good in alot of pre ts but still has had genuine character moments but Sakuras character moments feel cringe or forced.
So having minors touching her naked breasts isn't annoying? Her in a bathe house in a middle of a Yonko territory after witnessing a child get shot at in the red light district isn't annoying? Her uselessness isn't annoying? Sanji using her body as a sex toy isn't annoying? This is exactly why I said you guys are bias. Also, I like how you completely neglect Sakura's "character moments" as if she didn't have any.

Last chapter of Naruto was basically Baruto promotion thus why I wasn't talking about that.
I only brought up anything related to boruto because of karui, saying she isn't a significant/interesting character why did you make a big deal about it ,it had nothing to do with Sakura.
So having minors touching her naked breasts isn't annoying?
No
Her uselessness isn't annoying?
You forget the fight with craker and she took control of zues.
Also, I like how you completely neglect Sakura's "character moments" as if she didn't have any.
No I didn't I said her character moments felt cringe or forced maybe not all of them but even the of her character moments that aren't cringe or forced become hollow like when she cut her hair in the test felt hollow when the retrieval team went after Sasuke she stayed behind cried to naruto to get Sasuke back, again Sakura was disliked from part one and shippuden didn't really do a good job of really making Sakura good/likeable character and its a disappointment when nami isnt used at full potential because she is likeable/developed character but with Sakura we don't care because she's a dislikeable/shallow character that's mostly from her story line with Sasuke.

Arguing whatever flaws Nami has doesn’t make Sakura suck any less

I never once said Oda is perfect at portraying woman (Mashima stomps both in that regard), only that Nami is a better written character than nearly any major Naruto female for being relevant to the story and not being a one-note female with no characterization or at best, having a personality that revolves around a man which is all Kishi can come up with for females.

Suckura being the worst example of that with her thirsting for an emo prick that treats her like shit for the entire series

Last edited:
The only thing Sakura has over Nami is having a lot of doujins drawn by Sahara Wataru, other than that she is worse in almost every other aspect.