One Piece Episode 1025 - The Worst Generation Gets Wiped Out?! The Emperors' Deadly Attack!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 0/5

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
This episode is a prime example of the actual state of the anime and the management behind it.

You have important content and put the weakest director on it. (Same with 1018) While actual great directors like Tanaka get some dogshit material.
You have great animators for the episode ready, but put the best one on the worst and most unnecessary scene. A filler scene even.
But what good is it if its wasted on a non-important scene.
That's like having Takashi Kojima on episode 1015 and giving him all cuts for the Momonosuke & Yamato dialogue in the basement room. Just a pure fucking waste.
Due to the weak director, the pacing is dogshit and all scenes that were supposed to be executed quickly and in succession get dragged out to oblivion, losing their meaning and purpose
And thanks to the ugly ass godfucking awful auras the drawings get butchered and my eyes get cancer.

Horrible episode, didn't like the execution at all, Akihiro Ota god.
3/10

One Pace has to save us again. And you know what? high chance they cut out all of Ota cuz ITS FILLER.
-----------------------------------------------------

Next week we have the return of Ryota Nakamura, the chad behind legendary episode 1013.
Unfortunately, the preview for 1026 was extremely disappointing and his usual quirks and trademarks just were not there.
Comparing it to the 1013 there's a clear league of difference in polish and comp and more angular dynamic shots.
The animation will be great as seen in the preview, don't get me wrong, but it's sad to see such a talented director be restricted and not unleashing the potential that he posesses and couldve brought to the table for such an important episode.
And thanks to Tu's comment we know that Movie Red heavily affected the production of this episode

It's okay once Luffy sends Zori down to the fodder level while the 3 big boys fight the emperors you'll change your tune

:cheers:
3 big boys? Oh you mean the 3 DF babies that were in shambles hiding behind Zoro, ok.
2 of them couldn't do shit against Kaido, even wind blades were too much for them so they decided to go push an old lady down a hole and hope for a miracle.:kobeha:
Say it with me, Zoro has the best non CoC coating feats in the story, Oda gave him the ability to no diff fire attacks and to cut Kaido pre-adCoC, Kaido's strongest move is nothing to Zoro while Luffy had to be carried by a reality warping fruit just to overpower 1% health Kaido that has been fighting nonstop. :cheers:

That ending with Myhtical Zoan Luffy smiling as if he was Goku or something was cringe as all hell they should've expanded upon that Haki scene and showed us more of Zoro's greatness like the man standing there after he sent Hakai flying upwards and then Law teleporting him to where the others were at since they were confident in Zoro's strenght and took no part in this act of heroism of his.

But anyhow, ending was cringe af especially if you take into account the fact that immediately after that Luffy was gonna get KNOCKED TF OUT by an attack that was nowhere near the AP of Hakai's.

Oda and Toei will do this MC being overly represented bullshit again after Asura drops unfortunately but it's all alright I guess

That ending with Myhtical Zoan Luffy smiling as if he was Goku or something was cringe as all hell they should've expanded upon that Haki scene and showed us more of Zoro's greatness like the man standing there after he sent Hakai flying upwards and then Law teleporting him to where the others were at since they were confident in Zoro's strenght and took no part in this act of heroism of his.

But anyhow, ending was cringe af especially if you take into account the fact that immediately after that Luffy was gonna get KNOCKED TF OUT by an attack that was nowhere near the AP o Hakai's.

Oda and Toei will do this again after Asura drops unfortunately but it's all alright I guess
He hasn't unlocked his mythical zoan powers yet, pure gomu power only.

Ragnaraku actually uses adv CoC unlike the shitty hakai which only scuffed the floor a bit, and that was a combo of attacks that Luffy didn't get a chance to block (split up by TOEItards to add a fake cliffhanger where there was none in the manga)
vs Hakai which Zoro blocked for a split second as per canonical Kidd dialogue (extended to 30 mins by TOEItards)

Bro he got a magic sword in the exact same arc and got trained by the WSS
There's nothing magical about enma all it does is exuding the wielders haki. That's all. And up until chapter 1033 it was a nerfed for Zoro all along so don't come at me with that nonsense again I'd recommend.

"Got trained by the WSS"

And that's exactly why he came out of the TimeSkip at at least YC1 lvl. The man even lost an eye during his training with Mihawk I can only imagine how serious training under The WSS in his prime has to be.

Mythical God zoan brawler Luffy on the other hand, got trained by a washed up wayyy past his prime swordsman lmao. Major difference right there.

There's nothing magical about enma all it does is exuding the wielders haki. That's all. And up until chapter 1033 it was a nerfed for Zoro all along so don't come at me with that nonsense again I'd recommend.

"Got trained by the WSS"

And that's exactly why he came out of the TimeSkip at at least YC1 lvl. The man even lost an eye during his training with Mihawk I can only imagine how serious training under The WSS in his prime has to be.

Mythical God zoan brawler Luffy on the other hand, got trained by a washed up wayyy past his prime swordsman lmao. Major difference right there.
You shall not disrespect the Dark King like that.

Just looked the Hakai scene up, as I don't watch the anime in general. As expected, the animation was pretty underwhelming. The Manga looked much better. Reason being, that the anime exaggerates every insignificant shit with their special effects and auras. Like Kinemon cutting through Boro Breath was portrayed in the Anime as a Kamehameha clash. Consequently, when the real deal happens, they fail to make it stand up. No atmosphere whatsoever.