Current Events Oda Continues The Tradition Of Introducing A Stronger Antagonist Than The One We Just Defeated

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
This is nothing new, it is something Oda has done continuously over the course of the manga after we just witnessed the fall of an arc’s big bad villain.

You just defeated Don Krieg? Now Mihawk shows up.

You just defeated Lucci? Now Garp shows up.

You just defeated Moriah? Now Kuma is here to destroy you all.

You just defeated Caesar? Here comes Doflamingo and Aokiji.

You just defeated Doflamingo? Here comes Fujitora.

And of course, most recently,

You just defeated Kaido? Now Green Bull shows up.

This is one of Oda’s most well-known tools when it comes to ending an arc in style. There is no point to introducing an end-of-arc threat weaker than the one we just defeated, otherwise the tension is literally non existent. And Oda is clearly trying to establish tension with Green Bull announcing that he will kill everyone in Wano to get to Luffy.

And sure enough, Green Bull is already troll-diffing an opponent that even Kaido could not defeat:

Like I said, this is one of the most fundamental writing tools Oda uses. Never have we ever had to face a weaker end of arc antagonist than the one we just defeated, lol.

@Admiral Mou Bu @AdmiralKinyagi @MarineHQ62 @ZenZu @silverfire @scoobie3 @Van @Light D Lamperouge @ConquistadoR @The White Crane @Wuuuke @AkainuTheGrimReaper @God Tier Sovereignty @Wuuuke @TheKnightOfTheSea @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Jiihad @ShishioIsBack @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @GoldDiamond @MagmaDog @Akainu @kurwa @Extravlad @Chrono

Lmao first of all this doesn't apply to mihawk and Fuji cuz SHs faced them before main villain, same can be said about kuma since he arrived on island long before arc fight ended.

Secondly, why didn't u mention hina in arabasta?
Tamago in fishmen island?
Nezumi in arlong park arc?
Kuma in sabaody?
Does this also mean mf bb > akainu? lol
And apparently shanks > ryo then

Nice bait though

This is nothing new, it is something Oda has done continuously over the course of the manga after we just witnessed the fall of an arc’s big bad villain.

You just defeated Don Krieg? Now Mihawk shows up.

You just defeated Lucci? Now Garp shows up.

You just defeated Moriah? Now Kuma is here to destroy you all.

You just defeated Caesar? Here comes Doflamingo and Aokiji.

You just defeated Doflamingo? Here comes Fujitora.

And of course, most recently,

You just defeated Kaido? Now Green Bull shows up.

This is one of Oda’s most well-known tools when it comes to ending an arc in style. There is no point to introducing an end-of-arc threat weaker than the one we just defeated, otherwise the tension is literally non existent. And Oda is clearly trying to establish tension with Green Bull announcing that he will kill everyone in Wano to get to Luffy.

And sure enough, Green Bull is already troll-diffing an opponent that even Kaido could not defeat:

Like I said, this is one of the most fundamental writing tools Oda uses. Never have we ever had to face a weaker end of arc antagonist than the one we just defeated, lol.

@Admiral Mou Bu @AdmiralKinyagi @MarineHQ62 @ZenZu @silverfire @scoobie3 @Van @Light D Lamperouge @ConquistadoR @The White Crane @Wuuuke @AkainuTheGrimReaper @God Tier Sovereignty @Wuuuke @TheKnightOfTheSea @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Jiihad @ShishioIsBack @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @GoldDiamond @MagmaDog @Akainu @kurwa @Extravlad @Chrono
Kaido's DF + Oden's Genetics = Fodder Material for an Admiral. :cheers:

I think Aramaki will be incredibly impressive but personally, I don't use the lowest showings of characters as a representation of their full capabilities. They should be taken into account but not just them, Kaido displayed tons against Luffy, Zoro and the rest of the alliance members that he faced.

Momo having his moment of importance doesn't discredit all of Kaido's accomplishments and hype in my opinion. He was the World's Strongest Creature and he backed up that title. I'm sure now that he's out of the picture, we'll see opponents that surpass him but I don't think every top-tier to come after him will be stronger and I haven't seen anything from Aramaki to make me believe he's superior to Kaido overall.

His performance against the Scabbards and Yamato has been commendable but Kaido took on stronger attacks from Yamato (in a stronger form) and from the Scabbards (more of them and with the Minks in their strongest forms) and went on to take even more ferocious attacks from stronger opponent(s). If Aramaki goes above and beyond and defeats opponents that Kaido couldn't or blows Kaido's best feats out of the water, I'll reevaluate and change my stance.

I also feel like appealing to that tradition is strange, especially when we're heading towards the end and Wano was meant to be a unique battle against 2 Yonko that establishes Luffy as an Emperor himself. It's questionable if Luffy will fight Aramaki to a conclusion and if he does then that should make clear where Ryokugyu stands.