One Piece Episode 1026 - The Supernovas Strike Back! The Mission to Tear Apart the Emperors

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 2/5

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
what a cringe episode, some filler is ok, but when you forcibly extend what was a THREE PANEL interaction between Luffy and Kaidou into a 20 minute fight with lots of back and forth completely different to the source material then it gets a bit shit.

Ragnaraku lost all of it's impact and brutality with Luffy partially blocking it and not even clearly getting ko'd, adv CoC was drowned out by the fake additional lightning.This was meant to be a speed blitz occuring while the others were still RECOVERING from Hakai. They really put in Law and Kid helping Luffy rocket to Kaidou while smiling? WHAT THE FUCK? all so they could extend the run time?

They'd be better off adapting all of 1010 with high budget next episode as it is one of the best chapters of the raid, but it looks like they will just stretch and reinterpret the panels of Law/Zoro.

This is a good action episode for One Piece. I never went beyond that. There are tons of anime and movies that have better animation.

The reason I'm repeating this is because of comments like this.

This is easily one of the strongest episodes of the entire series by EVERY METRIC. The quality is excellent. The adaptation blows the manga out of the water easily in every regard.

This is the response from the fandom here.

WTF.
Imagine being this wrong but having this conviction.

The anime is shit

Once again the Red Scabbards/Orochi/Oden stuff was handled waaaaaaaaaaay better by Toei than the actual manga
No it wasn't. It made no sense that Orochi wouldn't run as he realized the Scabbards could still fuck him up. This was meant to be a speed blitz on all of his heads at once, instead you have him maniacally laughing as his heads get chopped still thinking he can win?
"you half dead failures don't frighten me" doesn't make sense if you stretch it out to them cutting his heads off slowly one by one.
seriously what the fuck were they (and you) thinking?
Post automatically merged:

The anime is shit
Some episodes are great (the one from my Avatar for example), some are complete dogshit, this one adapted the Big Mom stuff quite well, but was dogshit for the rest of it, but we knew that from how they diverted and split up the last few episodes, interrupting Kaidou's combo on Luffy to add 15 mins of filler shit.
Calling this episode great or one of the best is a clownish opinion, I agree.

No it wasn't. It made no sense that Orochi wouldn't run as he realized the Scabbards could still fuck him up. This was meant to be a speed blitz on all of his heads at once, instead you have him maniacally laughing as his heads get chopped still thinking he can win?
"you half dead failures don't frighten me" doesn't make sense if you stretch it out to them cutting his heads off slowly one by one.
seriously what the fuck were they (and you) thinking?
Nah it was good

what a cringe episode, some filler is ok, but when you forcibly extend what was a THREE PANEL interaction between Luffy and Kaidou into a 20 minute fight with lots of back and forth completely different to the source material then it gets a bit shit.

Ragnaraku lost all of it's impact and brutality with Luffy partially blocking it and not even clearly getting ko'd, adv CoC was drowned out by the fake additional lightning.This was meant to be a speed blitz occuring while the others were still RECOVERING from Hakai. They really put in Law and Kid helping Luffy rocket to Kaidou while smiling? WHAT THE FUCK? all so they could extend the run time?

They'd be better off adapting all of 1010 with high budget next episode as it is one of the best chapters of the raid, but it looks like they will just stretch and reinterpret the panels of Law/Zoro.
"They better" you get what you get can't wait for the complaints again thanks for the view

The anime is shit
See ya next week thanks for the view

A vast majority of the sakuga community that is simultaneously One Piece anime fans REALLY have lost the connection to what the actual normie watchers & manga readers would like to see from the series.

Just because one is a sakubuta, has connection to the staff, knows why certain episodes are how they are and why certain decisions are made, doesn't make their opinion automatically more right than that of the average viewer.
There are certain **facts** that would be great if the average viewer knows about. But if it comes to HOW something was adapted, how something was paced & how things got removed or additionally implemented, then their opinion is again, not more right or wrong than that of an average viewer.

Sakugafans knew about Nakamura and that he has a long history with DB. So it came to no big surprise that there are heavy DB references in the episode. But just because it was expected, it doesnt make it automatically good.

Last edited:
Ragnaraku lost all of it's impact and brutality
Reminds me of the shitty Anime Version of Thunder Bagua

Manga Version was a oneshot speedblitz while Kaido was sitting on his ass.Awesome moment.Yet in the Anime he was just standing still while tanking KKG.Utra Boring

Same shit with KKG against Doffy.In the Manga,Doffy got yeeted away yet in the Anime he clashed with KKG for a short period of time

Also Base Luffy and Non-Dragon Kaido can fly?Lol

Manga Version was a oneshot speedblitz while Kaido was sitting on his ass.Awesome moment.Yet in the Anime he was just standing still while tanking KKG.Utra Boring

Same shit with KKG against Doffy.In the Manga,Doffy got yeeted away yet in the Anime he clashed with KKG for a short period of time

914+915 were a mistake lol

"They better" you get what you get can't wait for the complaints again thanks for the view

See ya next week thanks for the view
I originally typed out "they better", then changed to "they'd be better off" because it was a bit entitled lol.
they would be better off- i.e. have a better product that is more universally praised if they properly adapted the chapter, it's things like this that let One Piece down and let mid manga like Kimetsu no Yaiba do really well with goated adaptations.

If they extend Zoro using Asura to a 10 minute scene of him using it casually and having back and forth with Kaidou with random filler bs then create questionable anime-only powerscaling and it will massively dehype the King fight. It will then have the weird requirement for a new cliffhanger if they don't include Luffy's moment (and this is the episode on the same day as One Piece film Red, so I'd hope they include at least this power up in the film).
Post automatically merged:

Hybrid Dragon Kaidou can fly afaik

A vast majority of the sakuga community that is simultaneously One Piece anime REALLY have lost the connection to what the actual normie watchers & manga readers would like to see from the series.

Just because one is a sakubuta, has connection to the staff, knows why certain episodes are how they are and why certain decisions are made, doesn't make their opinion automatically more right than that of the average viewer.
There are certain **facts** that would be great if the average viewer knows about. But if it comes to HOW something was adapted, how something was paced & how things got removed or additionally implemented, then their opinion is again, not more right or wrong than that of an average viewer.

Sakugafans knew about Nakamura and that he has a long history with DB. So it came to no big surprise that there are heavy DB references in the episode. But just because it was expected, it doesnt make it good.
It doesn't make it good to you lol

Some pets in the anime did not make sense and was overly flashy but what I liked about the episode was the fleshed out fight and the scabbard scene
Completely fucks up Orochi's motivation for attacking them though.
The whole point was he was overconfident and thought he could kill them, that makes no sense to continue as he loses 1 head 1 by one rather than all in a blitz.