Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wano Arc takes so much unneeded time! Finally it finished.

Will miss Yamato. Better for her to led the remaining of Beast pirates

Hiyori's part was a slip from Oda (even though he made a a lot of slips before!).

Hope to see whats going on with Alabasta next.

D

Deleted member 33823

yeah i dont think you read the arc because you don't seem to understand what happened in it. otohime's son saying hody is a product of his environment doesnt mean hody is racist. the entire point of that reveal is that he ISN'T motivated by racism directly, he's motivated by opportunism because the environment he grew up in was racist, so he learned how it was possible to use that racism to manipulate the environment. hody kills his own people. he doesn't care one way or another about anything but power

and now you're not even reading the spoilers because you're acting like its a totally different scene than what redon described. "why isnt anyone reacting" "hiyori said this" when the teacher guy and the kids said it along with a story, and she's the one crying watching the propaganda.
Disagree with you, Hody was someone who hated humans simply because he was told to hate humans, the whole point of the arc is how showing the youth hatred will just create hatred within them just or not because that's ho they were raised.

This is f**king dumb chapter. Why do we need so many panels of momo and hiyori which is repeated(lol to get emotional? ). It would be better if we get context of what happened to king and queen bcz GB ordered CP0 to recover them. But i don't think they will get king and queen as there are bigmom pirates that are attacking CP0 and also we don't have any sign of jack.
Oda love's to draw useless stuff
:josad:

2. are you sure? the spoilers are not saying hiyori herself is saying the kurozumi have to burn. its a show, in an auditorium, presented by the wano propaganda teacher guy. it actually says hiyori is crying while watching this. you say "why not show anyone being put off by this" but according to spoilers hiyori HERSELF is put off by this because the teacher is putting words in her mouth.
I assumed she was just crying about the memory itself. If she's crying bc she realizes what the teachers are doing, then maybe she can be the reason that Wano starts to change.

The scene could be ironic juxtaposition meant to create a sense of unease in the readers. The first propoganda scene didn't have someone acting super uneased about it either. Maybe Oda is doing the scene like it was something out of Starship Troopers.
The first propaganda scene is the kids being taught about Oden in act 2. That scene is supposed to be read as propaganda to us readers BECAUSE WE KNOW ITS A LIE… We the readers already know Orochi is a bad guy

this scene is NOT propaganda because Oda has not shown that these are bad people. Hiyori is not shown to be a bad person. the story doesn’t act like anything is wrong with her

and so the only way to tell something is wrong is to have anyone acknowledge it’s wrong

starship troopers has such things. The film begins in the class room with the teacher telling the children that violence is right and a student opposes him. Then he makes a nonsense logical fallacy to respond back to her. That scene is at the very beginning and specifically portrays the teacher making nonsense arguments for his ideology and then the rest of the movie follows his nonsense ideology

there is nothing in this Hiyori scene that is supposed to alarm us. Hiyori was not portrayed as evil or in the wrong at least and there is no one there to even slightly challenger or dislike what she’s saying

so this is simply Oda’s good wholesome ending with kids shouting for the burning of their enemies

D

Deleted member 33823

The first propaganda scene is the kids being taught about Oden in act 2. That scene is supposed to be read as propaganda to us readers BECAUSE WE KNOW ITS A LIE… We the readers already know Orochi is a bad guy

this scene is NOT propaganda because Oda has not shown that these are bad people. Hiyori is not shown to be a bad person. the story doesn’t act like anything is wrong with her

and so the only way to tell something is wrong is to have anyone acknowledge it’s wrong

starship troopers has such things. The film begins in the class room with the teacher telling the children that violence is right and a student opposes him. Then he makes a nonsense logical fallacy to respond back to her. That scene is at the very beginning and specifically portrays the teacher making nonsense arguments for his ideology and then the rest of the movie follows his nonsense ideology

there is nothing in this Hiyori scene that is supposed to alarm us. Hiyori was not portrayed as evil or in the wrong at least and there is no one there to even slightly challenger or dislike what she’s saying

so this is simply Oda’s good wholesome ending with kids shouting for the burning of their enemies
Perhaps you are right and I am wrong, however at the time people believed and thought Orochi was going to be some crazy badass from listening to the propoganda or the Oden flashback where literally everyone talks about how Oden is a super problem when in reality no one understands him. Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I don't want to say that this is just bad writing until I can say for sure it is or is not. However even still I do respect your viewpoint I just disagree with it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.