Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caesar has been portrayed s a joke ever since PH ended.

Just look back at the rooftop fiasco, he was toyed with by freakin Brulee of all people.

Now he manages to save Germa from aa BM veteran and Katakuri of all people?

What happened to Katakuri's future sight ffs? The way he was portrayed at WCI (neg diffing Ichiji, not even caring about Caesar etc.) he would have easily clapped them.

That's the issue here.

It's just another case of brutally inconsistent writing.
Indeed but Oda has never been consistent with power levels anyway, and that's not the first time that people manage to escape or foil characters far far stronger than them who should catch them effortlessly as seen with Kuzan, Kizaru, Kaido, Doflamingo, Big Mom, Sengoku, etc...

Garp is a champion of this given how easily he let Chinjao and his crew, Morgan and the Straw Hats at Enies Lobby slip through his fingers.

It's actually the one part of the chapter I find refreshing.

1) It isn't racism. It's not going against a race or anything, just against a certain clan.

2) It is much more relatable than the old "oh, everything is forgiven now, no hard feelings anymore" bullshit. Motherfuckers killed her family and ruined Wano. No way I would forgive those assholes, even if it isn't the "morally correct thing to do". They could rot in hell for all I care.

3) Orochi and Kanjuro were the last Koruzumi anyway, so it's not like some offspring will get targeted. They just made sure that the Koruzumi name will (rightfully) forever be hated in Wano history.
Fair enough
But if tama is revealed to be a kurozumi.
:jay-yeah:

1) It isn't racism. It's not going against a race or anything, just against a certain clan.

2) It is much more relatable than the old "oh, everything is forgiven now, no hard feelings anymore" bullshit. Motherfuckers killed her family and ruined Wano. No way I would forgive those assholes, even if it isn't the "morally correct thing to do". They could rot in hell for all I care.

3) Orochi and Kanjuro were the last Koruzumi anyway, so it's not like some offspring will get targeted. They just made sure that the Koruzumi name will (rightfully) forever be hated in Wano history.
No one is saying Orochi didn't deserve to be killed. However the prosecution made him also evil, imagine being a child born like that. He was given power to fight back those who hunted him down, got batshit crazy.

And nothing changed, fuck the kurozumi kids according to Hiyori, let's sing that to the kids of Wano, if there's some kurozumi still around they better not go to school

Again the problem is that they were always being bitches to the kurozumi clan. They hunted down Orochi and his family when he was a child.

No one is saying Orochi didn't deserve to be killed. However the prosecution made him also evil, imagine being a child born like that. He was given power to fight back those who hunted him down, got batshit crazy.

And nothing changed, fuck the kurozumi kids according to Hiyori, let's sing that to the kids of Wano, if there's some kurozumi still around they better not go to school
All this wouldn't be this bad if it's just another throw away panel in the middle of a post raid chapter
But the fact that Oda chose this as the final Epic Double Panel of Wano is fucking hilarious :milaugh:

Caesar has been portrayed as a joke ever since PH ended.

Just look back at the rooftop fiasco, he was toyed with by freakin Brulee of all people.

Now he manages to save Germa from a BM veteran and Katakuri of all people?

What happened to Katakuri's future sight ffs? The way he was portrayed at WCI (neg diffing Ichiji, not even caring about Caesar etc.) he would have easily clapped them.

That's the issue here.

It's just another case of brutally inconsistent writing.
Didn't Jack defeat everyone in Zou using Caesar's poison gas?

Think of how he handled Drake infiltrating Kaidou and there you have your answer.

I legit don't trust Oda in this regard. Most characters involved in his plots end up going here and there but never actually do a thing. In fact, no Supernova working for Kaidou did anything of value; that's three seemingly important characters wasted without a clear role.
To be fair they did more than enough, considering the original plan was apparently for them to get offed by the Yonko like flies, lol.

No offence but sometimes the OP fanbase really overly pretends to be stupid. Base Luffy already is on Kaido's level let alone G4.
I doubt Oda looks at this as "BASE LUFFY IS KAIDOU LEVEL"; that's the kind of power level-biased absurdity he obviously doesn't give a damn about. Those clashes are clashes of will, doesn't mean they are mathematically equal as in a videogame but that they're strong-willed enough to top the food chain. Of course this more or less correlates to a level of strength (they are all incredibly powerful conquerors), but it's clear as day it isn't meant to be taken as a measure for Gear Fourth being whatever just because "base Luffy" is splitting the sky. The sky will split just the same whether in base or any of his gears.

Again the problem is that they were always being bitches to the kurozumi clan. They hunted down Orochi and his family when he was a child.
Because those fuckers poisoned half the daimyos and plotted to take the throne even back then.

They have been portrayed as straight evil throughout the story.

Orochi getting the worst of it as a somewhat (still) innocent child was cruel/unfortunate, yes, but blame his rotten family for being assholes in the first place.

He then - despite all the bad stuff that happened to him - had the chance to turn things around (we saw countless characters do that in the series). What did he decide to do? Ruin all of Wano and enslave the people.

Clear fruir - beyond physical invisibility, awakening might clear the users presence entirely and other things too, not only Shiryu's presence but his attacks will also come out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.