One Piece Chapter 1059 "Captain Koby’s Case"

Rate this chapter

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

Results are only viewable after voting.
Honestly this is one of the few times where i'm rooting for the SHs to beat the living crap out of the villians (the BB pirates). Fucking degenerate ugly ass the lot of them :luffyswat:
Means they are doing their job right.

I love the BB pirates, a villain group acting like actual pirates in the series.
Risk taking, but knows when to retreat. Morally not all there. etc
Post automatically merged:

There isn't anything bad about BB in this chapter. This is how he always functioned if we ignore the pointless agendas. He always avoided useless fights instead of being unrealistically brave for no logical reason like our protagonists.
I don't understand the hyper focus of agenda, like why??
Clearly what BB did is definitely in character for him.

He is no coward in a true sense. He has put his life on the line multiple times, and has said that if he dies in the way to his dream he is perfectly fine with it.

He just doesn't want to take risks without a good enough payout.

Rayleigh himself says he will likely lost at this stage.
But BB doesn't want to fight, because it is too much of a risk for him. He might win most likely, but it will be a high-extreme diff and might lose an limb or so in the process, especially given that Rayleigh came with the full intent for a serious battle if needed.

Is Hancock's fruit worthy enough for him to risk that, and two of his captains? Probably not in his eyes. So he backed off.

It's a risk vs reward weighing for him.

Ultimately, this wouldn't matter too much in the long run. Because we know that BB will be (one of) the endgame villain(s), and when the time comes for a throne war, he will be willing to fight putting everything on that line. Because at that time, it will be worth the risk for him.

thats true
but people want a villain to be more menacing
BB is a perfect villain IMO, for the role he particularly plays in the series.

Calculating villain pirate, who weighs in risk and reward properly, instead of mindlessly jumping into unnecessary fights. While not a coward in a true way, in the sense that he will risk everything including his life, if the reward is worth it for him

Last edited:
Let's put all the bias out and look at Captain Coby in this chapter objectively

- Ray was worried enough to come himself to save Hancock from Coby
- Coby Resisted Hancock's slave arrow
- Coby was holding back against Hancock because he want his men, particularly Helmeppo to go back to normal
- Blackbeard acknowledged Coby's strength and his help in Rocky port.
-Coby commanding the Seraphims means he's above them in strength.
- Kidnapping Coby get you 1.8+ billion bounty increase

W W W W W W

:queenhear:
Only W Indeed. Woby.

Didn't expect any less from Luffy's rival EOS.

B

Ballel

tbf I really want to give it 3.5. It was hype, but it was kind of hard to follow and jumps around too much with flashbacks.
Oda was burnt out end of Wano so he rushed the ending. He needed the 1month break to get back on track and tried to tie together the loose ends in flashback form.

Admiraltards can go eat nuts
It has always been clear that aging affects strength..Wb was also sick
No matter how hard people try to turn the facts upside down, wb was the weakest Yonko at Marineford...And yet, in order to defeat him, they had to make a strategy to injure him before the fight
After all this discussion, Oda should have said it clearly so that people would understand, and I am sure that some people still resist understanding.

Great solid chapter.
nice to finally see a luffy and Marco moment. Boa is a straight badass.
those new seraphim are goddamn dangerous. Can’t wait to see what the models look like. Good to see Rayleigh and shakky again. Best chapter we’ve had in awhile.

This was kind of a disjointed chapter, but it had some good bits.
We finally saw Luffy and Marco interacting (albeit in flashback). This scene (and the Yamato flashback) felt out of place, and probably should have happened in an earlier chapter. The scene with Marco and the Red Hair Pirates was amusing but also felt somewhat foreboding. I wonder what awaits Marco on Sphinx...
The Amazon Lily parts were stuffed with information, but the flow of action was somewhat difficult to follow. It would probably have benefited from an additional page or two.
It'll be neat to see the Seraphim versions of all of the Shichibukai.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
So, next chapter flashback of Zoro visiting grave of ryuma?
Let's play WorstGen's favorite game:

Which moments did Oda offscreen?

I love this manga, but the constant flashbacks to shit that should have just happened in the fucking chapter kill me.

Can't wait to have a Carrot flashback about how she can't travel with the crew because Zou's grass got too long.