Status
Not open for further replies.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
This is a map showing the countries in which marital rape is criminalized,(Found this on wikipedia)

Green- criminalized
Red- Not criminalized
Grey- Unclear

Even developed countries like usa, austrailia and many european countries have it criminalized so I don't get why people are against it in India. Besides we need it more as our country has a huge problem with rape and sexual assaults. @notAfanboy
The green countries aren't perfect but most of them have far better systems than India to ensure a fair trial. But over here, men are assumed guilty by default in India. The police don't investigate and are generally instructed to blindly believe the women. Even courts are unfairly biased against men.

Men don't have laws to protect them against domestic abuse in our country: "It is unfortunate, domestic violence law not available for men," says Madras HC.
The legal definition of rape in India isn't gender-neutral: India's law should recognize that men can be raped too
If a man wants to stop being in a relationship, he can be prosecuted regardless of his reasons if the woman doesn't want to leave him: What if a woman ‘tricks’ a man?

I can't speak for every country but as far as India goes, laws are completely and utterly against men. Women can already file rape cases against husbands even now, and it's next to impossible to prove the husband's innocence in such cases unless they maintain some form of documentation for consent. Most such cases are acquitted, and they often file such complaints to gain an advantage in divorce settlements.

This is not to say martial rapes don't happen or that they shouldn't be criminalized. No sane person encourages marital rape, but the thing these men are so scared of is that it's too strong a weapon against men when they don't have any power to protect themselves. Women have way too much power already and giving them more power without ensuring the innocent's safety will only make things worse for men.

Almost none of them would complain if there are laws to protect innocent men and prevent false accusations. But knowing our country's history, it won't happen. And it's scaring the shit out of everyone.

D

Deleted member 83

Yeah,
Government can issue consent letters, or make them digital, so everything is recorded in the system.

I dont know whether I should say this or no. 😑 A man sends a request to female partner to get in bed, and once she accepts it the system keep that in record.

But that is... giving personal data to government. 🤔
thats too extreme lmao
false accusations might exist but ppl need to stop acting like its rampant
99 % of people who choose to simply respect their partner's wishes dont get accused of rape.

I hope you realize these laws exist in other countries(like mine0 and people still get married and live happy lives without getting to these extremes .
imo if any person's response to this law is to not get married
thats also good , I think they are doing the world a lot of good by not doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.