Anime Discussion Cyberpunk Edgerunners

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners tells a standalone story about a street kid trying to survive in a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he chooses to stay alive by becoming an edgerunner—a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.
New Trigger's project, the director will be Hiroyuki Imaishi(same of Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann). The style looks amazing, hopefully we'll get a decent story.
Coming in September 13 on Netflix.

Tagging some people who might be interested:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners tells a standalone story about a street kid trying to survive in a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he chooses to stay alive by becoming an edgerunner—a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.
New Trigger's project, the director will be Hiroyuki Imaishi(same of Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann). The style looks amazing, hopefully we'll get a decent story.
Coming in September 13 on Netflix.

Tagging some people who might be interested:
Not bad looking. Might check it out if I hear good things about the plot

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Character and color design, art direction, storyboard... everything is on point, the while aesthetic is simple amazing.
The episode 6 directed by Kai Ikarashi is probably one of the bests that came out this year, very creative.

Story-wise it's ok, we have the usual capitalism criticism(the life in Night City is completely based on how much you "cost"). Unfortunaly the last 4 episodes feels rushed and generic, if the series started building the main plot since its first episode peharps it could have worked better.

Overall Cyberpunk Edgerunners is a very entertaining anime, a proof that Imaishi's and studio Trigger creativity still have a lot to show.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Finished it today. And damn, I knew the ending is gonna be sad but they didn't have to pull a Akame Ga Kill-esque ending like that lol.

Anyway, my top 10 favorite characters are:

1. Lucy (best girl)
2. Rebecca (another best girl)
3. David Martinez (dope MC)
4. Maine (gigachad)
5. Kiwi (please step on me)
6. Falco (underrated dude tbh)
7. Faraday (fantastic villain)
8. Pilar (cool dude, didn't last long though)
9. Gloria Martinez (best mom)
10. Julio (another cool dude that didn't last long)

Doc, Dorio and Adam Smasher are runners-up.