light isnt gonna like this chapter
:milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Maki sue is amazing
i have to admit its a bit soon for another pu

My worst fears came true

Idk how everyone else feels about it but this colony was complete ass

Naoya coming back makes no sense in retrospect. He added almost nothing to the story and all he did was embarrass himself even more

Gege brought him back as a vengeful spirit with a DE just to get smoked by Maki for the 2nd arc in a row

Like... I'm struggling to even put it into words

Naoya got packed and shipped in the same chapter where he fully activated his DE

Not to mention that this is after he introduced the 2 plot devices that can hardly be called characters (Daido and Miyo) just to train Maki as soon as her and Kamo were in a tight spot (with a domain that can slow down time btw)

Speaking of Kamo... where is he? Did he not get caught in the DE? Were the only 2 characters that sustained significant damage the 2 characters that were just introduced? Did he get spotlight only to accomplish nothing?

:lawsigh:
naoya basically exist for maki to pack him
he is a plot device.

Come on Greg. Don't just say she's on Toji level. Show her getting there and doing stuff. Earning it...:seriously:
I mean, she wiped the entire Zenin clan something that only Toji was said capable of doing and people still didn't believe it.

She countered and dodged Mach 3 in mid-air. Can see temperature and all that shit. Stayed calm and cool while her teammates were getting negged by a DE.

She has done FAR more than enough to show she's equal to Toji now. Gege just added the cherry to it in case there was ever any ambiguity as he probably knows his fans will still nitpick. There's no more room for doubt now, it's only upwards from here on out. Honestly if they want to take out Kenjaku, Angel, Uraume, Sukuna surely they NEED at least one Toji-level+ fighter to do that without Gojo around. Especially Angel who can theoretically cancel 99% of all the good guys' arsenal.

I mean, she wiped the entire Zenin clan something that only Toji was said capable of doing and people still didn't believe it.

She countered and dodged Mach 3 in mid-air. Can see temperature and all that shit. Stayed calm and cool while her teammates were getting negged by a DE.

She has done FAR more than enough to show she's equal to Toji now. Gege just added the cherry to it in case there was ever any ambiguity as he probably knows his fans will still nitpick. There's no more room for doubt now, it's only upwards from here on out. Honestly if they want to take out Kenjaku, Angel, Uraume, Sukuna surely they NEED at least one Toji-level+ fighter to do that without Gojo around. Especially Angel who can theoretically cancel 99% of all the good guys' arsenal.
That's not what I'm talking about. I didn't word it properly. I meant that, I don't feel like she earned this recent power up. Like, she wrestles with a new character(who by the looks of it, was introduced solely for her to train and get a sudden power up) and then suddenly she's at Toji level.

What was the point of the two new characters, Naoya coming back, Kamo etc? This is the worst battle in the colonies by far imo.

Ehhh, I was hoping that Gege wont do this. If this was the end result he could have done this earlier. It is like Gege just corrected a wrong spelled word, but instead of changing one wrong letter, he chose to rewrite the whole word again.

Finally, an end to this Sakurajima colony, I dont even remember the name of other colonies despite them being so much better. 🤣

So, we have another top tier now; Maki, Yuta, Megumi, Itadori, Hakari, and other seniors.
The way Gege powering up these characters, it seems the next arc will have over powered antagonists.

Btw, who will be in the next colony?
Or we are done with collecting points and it is time to save Megumi's sister now?

That's not what I'm talking about. I didn't word it properly. I meant that, I don't feel like she earned this recent power up. Like, she wrestles with a new character(who by the looks of it, was introduced solely for her to train and get a sudden power up) and then suddenly she's at Toji level.

What was the point of the two new characters, Naoya coming back, Kamo etc? This is the worst battle in the colonies by far imo.
You're thinking about this in the Dragon Ball way. The "training" here isn't physical. It's all mental. The Toji "level" was always about the mindset. It was never about the skill or strength or speed. Instead of thinking like the mob, she learned to think outside of it. Mindset/mentality is a legitimate power-up in JJK. It's how Sukuna was deemed an unstoppable force.

The mindset principle let Yuji hit more than four BFs, breaking the record, it helped Megumi use his DE successfully for the first time. Mindset let Gojo become the strongest. And Maki was definitely in a life or death situation there too, she was so desperate as to give Mai's sword to a random stranger.

Maki becoming Toji's equal after mindset change makes the most sense because that's what the problem always was in the first place, that's what the story told us. Once she solved that it was game over.

Sounds like Mai's sword has soul-cutting properties and needs super senses to use fully. :snoopy: So Gege gave Maki a training arc just so he could reveal the effects of Mai's sword too. :crazwhat:

“At last, a demon to match Toji Zenin has been perfected.” Editor’s note: The rebirth of a god!! :finally:WAKI

Last edited:
You're thinking about this in the Dragon Ball way. The "training" here isn't physical. It's all mental. The Toji "level" was always about the mindset. It was never about the skill or strength or speed. Instead of thinking like the mob, she learned to think outside of it. Mindset/mentality is a legitimate power-up in JJK. It's how Sukuna was deemed an unstoppable force.

The mindset principle let Yuji hit more than four BFs, breaking the record, it helped Megumi use his DE successfully for the first time. Mindset let Gojo become the strongest. And Maki was definitely in a life or death situation there too, she was so desperate as to give Mai's sword to a random stranger.

Maki becoming Toji's equal after mindset change makes the most sense because that's what the problem always was in the first place, that's what the story told us. Once she solved that it was game over.

Sounds like Mai's sword has soul-cutting properties and needs super senses to use fully. :snoopy: So Gege gave Maki a training arc just so he could reveal the effects of Mai's sword too. :crazwhat:

“At last, a demon to match Toji Zenin has been perfected.” Editor’s note: The rebirth of a god!! :finally:WAKI
Maki still not on toji s level

Thank you for actually using critical thinking and understanding core concepts in the series

Again, the mindset thing isn't an issue at all, we've seen it numerous times in the series. Some break through it and achieve greater heights (Yuji, Gojo etc) others never do (Nanami).

But the execution of her becoming free is bad. With Todo and Yuji, we got Todo's introduction an arc before he fought with Yuji, and then a couple of chapters of them fighting and talking. For Gojo it was his own breakthrough, by himself, due to being near death.

For Maki we get a rushed introduction of two powerhouses who somehow just fit the mold of who she needs as a teacher.

An equivalent of that would have been if Kusakabe was introduced in the Sister School Event, and in the next chapter he teaches Yuji how to fight without a CT. Or if Todo didn't have a CT but was a prodigy in using CE so he's the perfect teacher for Yuji. And all that so Yuji can transcend and be the equivalent of some former sorcerer.

Maki needs to distance herself from Toji as a character. It doesn't help that they have the same sword, same look, and now are outright said to be the same.

Again, the mindset thing isn't an issue at all, we've seen it numerous times in the series. Some break through it and achieve greater heights (Yuji, Gojo etc) others never do (Nanami).

But the execution of her becoming free is bad. With Todo and Yuji, we got Todo's introduction an arc before he fought with Yuji, and then a couple of chapters of them fighting and talking. For Gojo it was his own breakthrough, by himself, due to being near death.

For Maki we get a rushed introduction of two powerhouses who somehow just fit the mold of who she needs as a teacher.

An equivalent of that would have been if Kusakabe was introduced in the Sister School Event, and in the next chapter he teaches Yuji how to fight without a CT. Or if Todo didn't have a CT but was a prodigy in using CE so he's the perfect teacher for Yuji. And all that so Yuji can transcend and be the equivalent of some former sorcerer.

Maki needs to distance herself from Toji as a character. It doesn't help that they have the same sword, same look, and now are outright said to be the same.
You said pretty much everything I was about to say myself

Emphasis on the end by the way

It feels like Gege is trying to make her a clone on purpose

Does she really have to use the exact same sword as Toji too?

:suresure:

Give her her own unique weaponry that we haven't seen yet plz