One Piece Chapter 1061: "The Island of the Future"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
This was a neat chapter.

Even though it was a man made shark, just the fact that something this insane like a mecha Shark attacking the crew lends more credence to the reputation of the New World being this harrowing place, something we've missed out on after some of the last few island visits were pretty tame by comparison.

Bonney is by far the most intriguing of the Worst Generation introduced in Sabaody. Though I'm guessing she's here to give Vegapunk a piece of their mind. During the Reverie, Oda established a connection between Bonney and Kuma. She seemed disheartened over his current condition as a mindless Cyborg; a direct result of Vegapunk's doing.

Speaking of Vegapunk, Oda doesn't waste time during this final saga by finally delving into Vegapunk, who has been one of the longest built up names to go without a face reveal. Though this introduction of who is "supposedly Vegapunk" gives me deja vu of Yamato. Considering Vegapunk has been referred to as male, and even an old man in the past, for them to show up resembling a young girl tells me there's some catch. Either this is some invention pretending to be Vegapunk for security reasons, or it's Vegapunk experimenting with mind swaps, or whatever. The possibilities are endless with him.

Captain Glasses finally returns! And she is still looking after the Punk Hazard children. I love that she's still staying true to her words to Nami of looking after them. Doubly so, she is also worried about Coby just like his partner Helmeppo. This piece was just a request, but now I like to think Tashigi did help to instruct the two during the two year timeskip. Captain Glasses and Coby share idealistic views on Justice, and they represent a brighter future for the military.

Coby's abduction may possibly lead to her and the rest of G-5 acting on their own. Egghead, the place the Strawhats are now at, isn't far from G-14. This, in turn, would lead Helmeppo to the Straw hats, who would be more than happy to help rescue Coby. Smoker would be against wanting to help the pirates, but he has shown he's willing to cooperate with them for a greater good, which includes rescuing a fellow soldier.

Speaking of soldiers, Drake's current status is now unknown. It has been a while since the battle on Onigashima ended, and he was seen fine by the end. I have no clue what Oda has in brewing, but I consider it reassurance he hasn't forgotten Drake and still has something for the character

Jinbe is now officially the new lifeguard for the Devil Fruit users on the crew. lol
But seriously, I'm happy we're going to have some more time with Jinbe as a Straw Hat. He joined as of Wano, but so much was going on there, there wasn't much room for him to stand out. This is Oda trying to make up for it, and he'd contrast well with Luffy and Chopper, the youngest Crewmembers, as a wise conscious of the team. The one downside is that the crew is once again separated after just now reuniting.

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

This was a neat chapter.

Even though it was a man made shark, just the fact that something this insane like a mecha Shark attacking the crew lends more credence to the reputation of the New World being this harrowing place, something we've missed out on after some of the last few island visits were pretty tame by comparison.

Bonney is by far the most intriguing of the Worst Generation introduced in Sabaody. Though I'm guessing she's here to give Vegapunk a piece of their mind. During the Reverie, Oda established a connection between Bonney and Kuma. She seemed disheartened over his current condition as a mindless Cyborg; a direct result of Vegapunk's doing.

Speaking of Vegapunk, Oda doesn't waste time during this final saga by finally delving into Vegapunk, who has been one of the longest built up names to go without a face reveal. Though this introduction of who is "supposedly Vegapunk" gives me deja vu of Yamato. Considering Vegapunk has been referred to as male, and even an old man in the past, for them to show up resembling a young girl tells me there's some catch. Either this is some invention pretending to be Vegapunk for security reasons, or it's Vegapunk experimenting with mind swaps, or whatever. The possibilities are endless with him.

Captain Glasses finally returns! And she is still looking after the Punk Hazard children. I love that she's still staying true to her words to Nami of looking after them. Doubly so, she is also worried about Coby just like his partner Helmeppo. This piece was just a request, but now I like to think Tashigi did help to instruct the two during the two year timeskip. Captain Glasses and Coby share idealistic views on Justice, and they represent a brighter future for the military.

Coby's abduction may possibly lead to her and the rest of G-5 acting on their own. Egghead, the place the Strawhats are now at, isn't far from G-14. This, in turn, would lead Helmeppo to the Straw hats, who would be more than happy to help rescue Coby. Smoker would be against wanting to help the pirates, but he has shown he's willing to cooperate with them for a greater good, which includes rescuing a fellow soldier.

Speaking of soldiers, Drake's current status is now unknown. It has been a while since the battle on Onigashima ended, and he was seen fine by the end. I have no clue what Oda has in brewing, but I consider it reassurance he hasn't forgotten Drake and still has something for the character

Jinbe is now officially the new lifeguard for the Devil Fruit users on the crew. lol
But seriously, I'm happy we're going to have some more time with Jinbe as a Straw Hat. He joined as of Wano, but so much was going on there, there wasn't much room for him to stand out. This is Oda trying to make up for it, and he'd contrast well with Luffy and Chopper, the youngest Crewmembers, as a wise conscious of the team. The one downside is that the crew is once again separated after just now reuniting.
G5xG5(gear5)

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
HOLY SHIT LOL, THAT'S AMAZING LMAO.

This is canon now including Zoro x Tashigi for me but I want Zoro x Hiyori x Bonney x That Marine woman from the Ace novels x Smoothie too hahahaha!

@KiriNigiri do you know about this too? The Beelzebub similarities to Zoro amd Tashigi I mean?

RetroCrush is such a nice channel too!
Yup. The author also drew Tashigi for a Jump Cover. Just search Ryuhei Tamura and Tashigi.

I also love how Baby Beel is affectionate with Kunieda. Mossheads love their four eyes. lol

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
SKL - Smoker kill Luffy
:finally:
Smoker can always be a threat to any DF user thanks to Kairoseki, he was a newb to haki, he just needs to improve his haki stats to a level where he doesn't get fodderized immediately.

Evasive Logia + Kairoseki? GG to any DF user, he can always remain a threat to Luffy this way, maybe he got some new tools to work with thanks to Vegapunk aswell.