Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

Peppercore

(☝◞‸◟)☞ 𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚙
Carrot fans had time to accept that they fav is turning into background character, Yamato fans got a middle finger in the last moment.
we did, hell I was like yamato is in I guess and then the shit end for her at 1056 got me like...oda's not that much of a hack. we're getting an onscreen goodbye right? of curse we are...seven years in the story, a faithful sh ally...the minks were part of the alliance...and then yamato go a second goodbye flashback and i was like oh boy it's carrot turn now

we did, hell I was like yamato is in I guess and then the shit end for her at 1056 got me like...oda's not that much of a hack. we're getting an onscreen goodbye right? of curse we are...seven years in the story, a faithful sh ally...the minks were part of the alliance...and then yamato go a second goodbye flashback and i was like oh boy it's carrot turn now
Yeah, what Oda did was so fucking disrespectful, he don't even put her in the farewell scene, she got nothing.

Wano wasn't really Yamato's arc. It was ultimately Momo's arc. If Yamato got an arc like Nami with Arlong Park or Robin with Enies Lobby, then we'd be really going somewhere.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I don't know who got it worse. The long slide into irrelevancy for Carrot fans or the shotgun behind the shed approach for Yamato fans.
Most definitely Yamato fans. Carrot4Nakama was dying a slow death with supporter desperately trying to get the train some oil and gas. Carrot getting off paneled didn't stop them; Carrot being separated from the main conflict didn't stop them; finding out that Carrot only got so much attention cause of Naito didn't stop them.

Yamato4Nakama had their character saying 24/7 that she's joining the SHs, with her #1 obstacle(Momo) saying she should go as well. All that just for her to change her mind at the last minute with a few quick panels and a terrible explanation. Not only that, they got a 2nd explanation that was arguably worse.

I mean i don't think Yamato's "I want to join " spam makes her even a good contender, in story universe sure, but not naratively.

It's retarded it's the inverse of Luffy asking that tree in Thriller Bark to be his nakama or asking random things as a gag. I'd rather have a slow burn new crewmate like Carrot was set up to be, because honestly the newer the SH the less characterization you get, ever since Franky, and at this point, no other crewmate makes sense.

Ever since Robin the following SHs all felt very lackigng in protagonism, whoever thought Carrot didn't get an arc for her, must of forgotten Franky, before if you read Water7 he really isn't that important, it's one out of 3-4 main character arcs, the arc isn't centered around him.

So to me WCI was more than fine, seeing as SH charaterization is getting worse and worse, i mean Jimbei is a complete void of personality.

And we know it's going to be one more SH at least so.:kayneshrug:

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
I’d say Carrot got it worse.

At least there was a lot of Yamato in Wano and the arc ended with her being told she can join the Strawhats whenever she wants.

Carrot was treated with such disdain that even I was shocked. And I’m someone who’s been saying for seven years she’s nowhere near as important as people were trying to say.
Yes but not even a goodbye despite she has been with them during a long time is fucking painful. Instead of doing a page with Luffy in cage, Oda could have done just a lil flashback.
Post automatically merged:

He's now even trolling Carrot fans with rabbit ears on the turbine

1. So 46 cover story installments.
2. Already joined the SHs back in Saboady
3. Been present in 3 arcs entering the 4th
4. Getting reactions next to the other SHs
5. Is actually on the sunny lol
6. Only logia
7. Was evil, redeemed himself as a hero
8. More useful than any other candidate
9. A crew that can join the fleet
10. Has his own plotline with certain someone

There's not a shred of doubt left

I unironically think Oda is really, like really teasing Carrot's return. Every new chapter we get something that's related to her. The Barrel, Bonney who doesn't like carrots, and now this turbine with rabbit ears.

Oh the payoff will be so great when it finally happens :blush:
We're stuck in this world of 2 alternatives now, either this is happening and Oda isn't one of the worst mangakas ever or he is.

I mean, this is not bad writting anymore, it's straight up malicious fcking with a fanbase. All the Carrot haters interpret this the worst way possible, but i'm actually still perplexed at what he's doing. It's like seing a kid kill a dog, it can't be this evil.
Post automatically merged:

1. So 46 cover story installments.
2. Already joined the SHs back in Saboady
3. Been present in 3 arcs entering the 4th
4. Getting reactions next to the other SHs
5. Is actually on the sunny lol
6. Only logia
7. Was evil, redeemed himself as a hero
8. More useful than any other candidate
9. A crew that can join the fleet
10. Has his own plotline with certain someone

There's not a shred of doubt left
Yeah Caribou was in 32 panels in Wano and can't even find info on since the story began but it's less than 300 probably around 80.