Character Discussion Why I still believe in Kuzan and Sakazuki.

I think it’s time to accept that there is a gap (possibly a LARGE gap) both in power and narrative between Fleet Admirals and Admirals.

The dynamic between the Fleet Admiral and Admirals is going to be like the dynamic between a Yonko and their YCs, since that seems that is the case with all villainous organizations.

It's hard to imagine that Greenbull is on the same level as Akainu given his reverence for him.

It's like Flampe and Katakuri.

In every major villain organization we've seen, there's a MASSIVE gap in power between the leader/strongest and his closest subordinates.

Eg: Kaido is MASSIVELY more powerful than King, Queen, and Jack.

This gap is not only just in terms of power but likely in narrative significance as well.

Oda is clearly building up to something significant in the story with Kuzan.

And with Akainu too (obviously).

Meanwhile, Kizaru and Greenbull seem to be as side character-y as you can possibly get.

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Nope. Kizaru should be right there with them. From MF one could conclude Kuzan was the weakest and he still pushed Akainu to the limit. The C3 are closely knit, when all 3 of them were present in the biggest war Oda consistently handed Kizaru the slight edge over Aokiji in portrayal. Matchups tell the most in One Piece and it's no coincidence that Akainu was always matched up with the Captain's (WB, Shanks) and Kizaru with the RHM (Marco, Beckman) with Aokiji right there to choose from.

If Oda wanted to hammer home the fact that it was clearly Aokiji/Akainu and then a gap, that wouldn't have happened. Oda is very basic with matchups.

Nope. Kizaru should be right there with them. From MF one could conclude Kuzan was the weakest and he still pushed Akainu to the limit. The C3 are closely knit, when all 3 of them were present in the biggest war Oda consistently handed Kizaru the slight edge over Aokiji in portrayal. Matchups tell the most in One Piece and it's no coincidence that Akainu was always matched up with the Captain's (WB, Shanks) and Kizaru with the RHM (Marco, Beckman) with Aokiji right there to choose from.

If Oda wanted to hammer home the fact that it was clearly Aokiji/Akainu and then a gap, that wouldn't have happened. Oda is very basic with matchups.
You do realize that… Oda can change his mind…

Marineford was over a decade ago dude, it’s outdated and (obviously) shouldn’t be used for scaling.

ZenZu

Marineford was over a decade ago dude, it’s outdated and (obviously) shouldn’t be used for scaling.
"Oda can change his mind"

Yea with this kinda logic good luck debating anything. You can respond to anything with that retort, even something like Roger being the PK, you could claim Oda can change his mind and make it so that it was actually Roger's clone. That doesn't get anyone anywhere, we're going by the most logical assumption given current information. And that leaves us with Akainu ~ Kizaru ~ Aokiji.

"Oda can change his mind"

Yea with this kinda logic good luck debating anything. You can respond to anything with that retort, even something like Roger being the PK, you could claim Oda can change his mind and make it so that it was actually Roger's clone. That doesn't get anyone anywhere, we're going by the most logical assumption given current information. And that leaves us with Akainu ~ Kizaru ~ Aokiji.
In the current day story, the only admirals with clear story significance are Akainu and Aokiji.

That's it.

Current day portrayal and story significance > portrayal and feats from a decade ago.

This isn't that hard buddy

ZenZu

In the current day story, the only admirals with clear story significance are Akainu and Aokiji.

That's it.

Current day portrayal and story significance > portrayal and feats from a decade ago.

This isn't that hard buddy
Not really, you can make a case for Fujitora as well.

ZenZu

Fujitora's whole point in the story was to abolish the warlords.

Now that's done so expect him to be reduced to a GB, Kizaru type side character.
I'm not much for guessing games. We've been given no reason to believe Aokiji is on a different level from Kizaru, that's all I know.

For all we know Kuzan jobs to Teach, big whoop.

So by saying with your logic,

I can say oda can change his change make kizaru strongest character by having dbz feats like blowing planet up like he is strong as saiyan saga vegeta by having real light speed literally.

I think it’s time to accept that there is a gap (possibly a LARGE gap) both in power and narrative between Fleet Admirals and Admirals.

The dynamic between the Fleet Admiral and Admirals is going to be like the dynamic between a Yonko and their YCs, since that seems that is the case with all villainous organizations.

It's hard to imagine that Greenbull is on the same level as Akainu given his reverence for him.

It's like Flampe and Katakuri.

In every major villain organization we've seen, there's a MASSIVE gap in power between the leader/strongest and his closest subordinates.

Eg: Kaido is MASSIVELY more powerful than King, Queen, and Jack.

This gap is not only just in terms of power but likely in narrative significance as well.

Oda is clearly building up to something significant in the story with Kuzan.

And with Akainu too (obviously).

Meanwhile, Kizaru and Greenbull seem to be as side character-y as you can possibly get.
:akasalt:

I can accept that FA doesn't need extreme differences to defeat one of the 3 Admirals, but Akainu and Admirals won't have the same difference as Yonko and YC.
Kaido and BM can solo 3 of their commanders, can FA defeat the greatest force of the Marines in the face of 3 Admirals? :seriously:

I bet you are the biggest bitch irl. You can't handle GB doing a silly face while surrounded by 3 yonko crews worth of fighters? Why are you even reading one piece? It's sound like you just wanna jerk off muscly man.

All this because GB didn't wanna risk fighting 3 yonko crews...
Big bullshit.
Kuzan Is the strongest after Akainu.
What are you reading where Kuzan is stronger than Kizaru?