Anime Discussion [Spring 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
New season started with a bang, watched MHA and Spy x Family, both episodes were goated
started now with the new Gundam, The Witch from Mercury
not familair with Gundams, this is my first one, but I so damn much love it!
@Mashiro Blue give the new Gundam a try, it has good waifu
I never watched any type of Gundam before because I'm not a fan of mecha.

But if it has good waifu I'll give it a chance. Lycoris was a great surprise after all.

New season started with a bang, watched MHA and Spy x Family, both episodes were goated
started now with the new Gundam, The Witch from Mercury
not familair with Gundams, this is my first one, but I so damn much love it!
@Mashiro Blue give the new Gundam a try, it has good waifu
I never watched any type of Gundam before because I'm not a fan of mecha.

But if it has good waifu I'll give it a chance. Lycoris was a great surprise after all.
pretty sure the Gundam one and Lycoris are on the same wavelength of waifu
Gundam The Witch from Mercury is a standalone series aka separate from the original so you don't have to watch the other Gundam series to know what's going on. You just have to watch the prologue (aka episode 0) and ep 1 and onward.

And yes, it has indeed good waifus and some yuri element to it which I personally don't mind but then you know, some retards are already trying to cancel the series because of minor yuri element like I mentioned earlier. Like it's literally the same as Lycoris Recoil but with mechs. So if y'all see any negative comments about The Witch from Mercury regarding the yuri stuff or anything like that, just ignore them and enjoy the series.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Since I've got nothing better to do imma do an extremely brief review of the animes I've watched in this Summer Season. My scores are weird so my <7 would normally be a <6 or <5 for others.

Lycoris Recoil (9/10) - I really liked this show. Chisato really made it worth it for me. Animation and music were great. Because this was an anime original you didn't know what you would expect.

Overlord IV (9/10) - Same as the other seasons. MCs are OP, they are villains, they kick ass and that creepy musical in the finale from Princess Reinner was terrific.

Call of the Night (8.8/10) - Best visuals of the bunch. Relaxing atmosphere. Unique setting. All's great.

Classroom of the Elite Season II (8.7/10) - Ayanokoji is such a beast. He just neg diffs everyone. Story is intriguing and it's always interesting to see what's going to happen next.

Rent-a-Girlfriend (9/10 out of personal enjoyment but objectively wouldn't go past 7.5) - Cute girls blushing and doing cute things with good animation. Yep I'm a simple man.

When will Ayumi makes his move? (7.8/10) - Cute and simple romcom. Does what it proposes well. Author is the same as Teasing Master Takagi-San.

My Stepmother's Daughter is my Ex (7/10) - Mid. Not that good but not bad either.

Is it Wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Season IV (7/10) - Yeah well I love Danmachi but in this season no Hestia, no Loki Familia, the cast don't interact with anyone aside from some peeps inside the Dungeon and most importantly, no Ais Wallenstein. Disappointed with the story this season.

The Devil is a Part-Timer Season II (7.3/10) - I watched this season right after watching Season I so I might have lowered it more than I should because I prefer everything from Season I.

A Couple of Cuckoos (7.5/10) - 24 eps. It started good but then the last 12 eps went down a bit. Thought Nagi would kiss Segawa in ep 23 and then thought Nagi would kiss Erika in ep 24. He got a whole lot of nothing and so did my expectations for the final eps.

Engage kiss (7.2/10) - Meh. Tsunako made the characters designs (the same illustrator for Date a Live and Hyperdimension Neptunia) and animation and design is great. Characters are ok'ish and the story is alright. Nothing to brag home about. Kisara got a lot better imo as a character after smh smh in the last eps and the final stretch of the final ep was nice. I was expecting a romcom and got another thing altogether so maybe my score is also influenced by this.

Last edited:
Since I've got nothing better to do imma do an extremely brief review of the animes I've watched in this Summer Season. My scores are weird so my <7 would normally be a <6 or <5 for others.

Lycoris Recoil (9/10) - I really liked this show. Chisato really made it worth it for me. Animation and music were great. Because this was an anime original you didn't know what you would expect.

Overlord IV (9/10) - Same as the other seasons. MCs are OP, they are villains, they kick ass and that creepy musical in the finale from Princess Reinner was terrific.

Call of the Night (8.8/10) - Best visuals of the bunch. Relaxing atmosphere. Unique setting. All's great.

Classroom of the Elite Season II (8.7/10) - Ayanokoji is such a beast. He just neg diffs everyone. Story is intriguing and it's always interesting to see what's going to happen next.

Rent-a-Girlfriend (9/10 out of personal enjoyment but objectively wouldn't go past 7.5) - Cute girls blushing and doing cute things with good animation. Yep I'm a simple man.

When will Ayumi makes his move? (7.8/10) - Cute and simple romcom. Does what it proposes well. Author is the same as Teasing Master Takagi-San.

My Stepmother's Daughter is my Ex (7/10) - Mid. Not that good but not bad either.

Is it Wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Season IV (7/10) - Yeah well I love Danmachi but in this season no Hestia, no Loki Familia, the cast don't interact with anyone aside from some peeps inside the Dungeon and most importantly, no Ais Wallenstein. Disappointed with the story this season.

The Devil is a Part-Timer Season II (7.3/10) - I watched this season right after watching Season I so I might have lowered it more than I should because I prefer everything from Season I.

A Couple of Cuckoos (7.5/10) - 24 eps. It started good but then the last 12 eps went down a bit. Thought Nagi would kiss Segawa in ep 23 and then thought Nagi would kiss Erika in ep 24. He got a whole lot of nothing and so did my expectations for the final eps.

Engage kiss (7.2/10) - Meh. Tsunako made the characters designs (the same illustrator for Date a Live and Hyperdimension Neptunia) and animation and design is great. Characters are ok'ish and the story is alright. Nothing to brag home about. Kisara got a lot better imo as a character after smh smh in the last eps and the final stretch of the final ep was nice. I was expecting a romcom and got another thing altogether so maybe my score is also influenced by this.
Nice review mate.
Currently watching Parallel World Pharmacy and I love this show so much lol
Aye. Glad you enjoyed it.

Let me guess, your favorite waifu is Ellen or the Empress or perhaps both.:sadgrin: