What was the last movie you watched?

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Thor Love and Thunder - 4/10 was probably the movie that had me the most hyped for a while but it was pretty disappointing tbh

I wanna see Bullet Train and Don’t Worry Darling next
Bodies bodies bodies
Fearless
Ocean Waves
Bohemian Rhapsody
KnY Movie
Coach Carter
Black Phone
Everything Everywhere All at Once
War
Batman
Straight Outta Compton
Coach Carter
X-man days of future past

G

Gorosei Informer

I saw Onward, The Bad Guys, DBZ Battle Of The Gods, League of DC Superpets, Daredevil (finally).

I really enjoyed most of them, 10/10 for Onward, the Ride/Rise To Valhalla scene and the ending and writing really MADE that film SPECIAL! Extremely underrated! So beautiful, heartfelt, emotional and a fantastic pro masculine and feminine AND family values movie too!

The Bad Guys - An easy 9/10 too, very good film, MUCH better than I expected and glad I finally watched it! Very entertaining storylines, excellent voice acting, amazing art style and animation and such! Very enertaining and wild!

DBZ Battle Of The Gods- 7 or 8/10, I dont really keep up with DB series anymore, stopped at GT but I really enjoyed this. First time seeing a DBZ movie especially a modern one and I really like Whis and Beerus. Seeing DB at this modern level animation and art was AMAZING too! Funny and fun film! The credits were a really nice tribute to DB history too!

League of DC Superpets - Another one that turned out way better than expected honestly. 8-9/10 maybe. I really enjoyed it, the guinea pig henchman villains were so funny especially them randomly taking Spanish lessons and speaking Spanish and the one Gigachad/Olympian-like guinea pig too!
Darker than I expected too, kinda sad and such.
I LOVED this take on the Justice League too, all of them getting their own pets in the end too and some of the choices made there. Female Green Lantern is hot/thicc/awesome too! Also super thicc Wonder Woman as well! Love it!

Daredevil - I didn't really enjoy it like I hoped I would but Michael Clarke Duncan (RIP to that legend) is great as Kingpin and Colin Farell is such a weirdly versatile actor with Bullseye here and then Penguin in the new Batman recently too! I was not happy with how Elektra was treated but I liked Jennifer Garner. Ben Affleck was alright at least. 6/10 maybe. The classic/nostalgic emo rock music was a real trip too lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the last movie I watched (that was new to me) was Knives Out
Probably a 7/10, pretty enjoyable but for me personally it doesn't make you want to immediately watch it again. As a one-off it's pretty exciting, and the cast mesh well with each other. Ana de Armas was solid, as was Daniel Craig though his accent was grating at times.

I went in with super low expectations for Thor L&T, tbh.

Pleasantly surprised. There were some cringe jokes (Zeus' character, even if accurate to mythology, is so unnecessarily cringe. And then there's few jokes in unnecessary situation), but it was pretty good otherwise.

Second half was glorious.

Definitely among my upper echelon of MCU movies... or maybe I'm just biased towards Thor.

Last edited:

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Drive my car (2021) - 4/5. I thought this was a beautiful film about grief and how some people deal with it as well as the beauty and necessity of human connection. The cinematography is brilliant and even though the film is 3 hours it doesn't feel like it as it keeps you engaged throughout.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Finally had the time to watch Bullet Train. Imma give it a solid 8. Might even bump it to 8.5 tbh. Very entertaining and enjoyable movie. Not a masterpiece, but still pretty good. The mystery was nice, the action pretty good, the cast was excellent. Brad top notch, and I really enjoyed Tangerine and Lemon. They were pretty fun. The humor was on point as well.

Laughed out loud for real when I saw Ryan lmao.

I figured then it was just them playing around like when Brad appeared for a few seconds in Deadpool 2

The rest of the cast was pretty good as well.

Like I said a pretty fun and entertaining movie that can be watched and rewatched with pleasure.

The soundtrack is awesome as well.

My fave songs are these

Here's the full OST list in case anyone wants to check it out.

Finally watched Park Chan-Wook´s (Oldboy...) newest movie Decision to Leave, as usual great, but not my favorite of his movies, probably not even top 5. His typical style of cinematography, editing, narrative layering and so forth is there, but the story setting seemed too often done before.