Questions & Mysteries What’s the deal with Zoro’s swords?

Is it not odd that Zoro ended up not even getting Nidai Kitetsu by the end of Wano? The way I saw it I felt like he’d at least leave this arc with 3 great grade tier swords so when he eventually blackens them he’ll have three supreme swords but we still have Sandai which is like the lowest of the grades. Do you guys believe he’ll still carry Sandai to the end? Will Wado be revealed to be a higher grade than we thought? Am I reading into this too much? What do you think is in store for Zoro’s blades in the future?

At this point it feels like he just wanted us to see that Nidai exists in the world somewhere, I’m even questioning if that Gorosei w Shodai will even have meaning or if Zoro will even face him.

I think that Sandai might be increased in Rank due to its performance in Zoro's hands. Remember Swords becomes famous by its reputation. Either the Sword smith is noteworthy enough for his swords to be a high grade or unknown with great swords who yet needs to make their names around the world. Sandai never had a chance to show off since all its previous wielders weren't good enough.

All of the above is head cannon.

What really could have happened is:- Oda dropped so many plotlines regarding Zoro and couldn't give time to it.

- OR -

Since they are going back to Wano for Pluton later.. Zoro could still get Nidai and replace Sandai and erase my head cannon above.

:zorothink:

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
I think that Sandai might be increased in Rank due to its performance in Zoro's hands. Remember Swords becomes famous by its reputation. Either the Sword smith is noteworthy enough for his swords to be a high grade or unknown with great swords who yet needs to make their names around the world. Sandai never had a chance to show off since all its previous wielders weren't good enough.

All of the above is head cannon.

What really could have happened is:- Oda dropped so many plotlines regarding Zoro and couldn't give time to it.

- OR -

Since they are going back to Wano for Pluton later.. Zoro could still get Nidai and replace Sandai and erase my head cannon above.

:zorothink:
Sandai is weak lol
Remember when he fought zombei Rayuma and was warned by zombei Rayuma that Sandai will break if they keep fighting so he switch to Wado only 1 sword style? :suresure:

Zoro can only get one new sword at a time:

1. Kuina's sword: is a Memento to Kuina who inspired Zoro to pursue the WSS title. Will never be replaced.

2. The cursed one: has the whole "being cursed" plotline and will not be replaced untill that plotline pays off.

3. The third one: the only one that is being periodically replaced. He got Enma in Wano so he can't get another one in the same arc. he might replace it some time in the future and get the super duper grade one instead ( I don't know the names of his swords or the names of sword grades and I don't really care...)

He doesn't need 3 super duper grade swords to become WSS, one is enough.

I am writing something for video on the last Arc, I think they will go back to Loguetown. The Sandai was given to him by the sword seller. The guy said that he entrusted Zoro with his dream. Zoro will come back and show him that he turned the blade, that killed all his previous users, black.